KinderCare Education Employee Reviews for Preschool Teacher

Professional staff provided work related training for new staff members
Pre-Kindergarten School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX18 October 2019
All the staff provided excellent mentorship for me as a new member of the team. The primary reason I left was because of location. I drove 54 miles one way for a three month period.
Productive and fun environment
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CA 9170911 October 2019
My morning would start with me doing a couple ten minute breaks to other coworkers. Then eventually making it into the infant classroom where I spend the remaining of my shift.
Good over all
Toddler Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH7 October 2019
Overall I love working here and enjoy teaching the children new things. Staffing is great and everyone is friendly to one another. They treat you like family.
Poor management, no opportunity for advancement
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TN7 October 2019
I started working at Kinder Care back in 2017 at first I love my job I love what I did I love waking up every morning knowing that I get to see a group of kids and that I get to help them. Right off the bat I could tell this place went through a lot of people within my first year we had gone through about 10 workers. The management is terrible she is the main reason why workers don’t stay. She showed favoritism towards other workers and acted in a very childish manner towards the sick assistant director. I believe she was the reason why she did not come back. This manager does not follow DHS rules and regulations she asked multiple employees to lie to DHS about how many children we had in our room at the time. I would never recommend anyone working at this Kinder Care location, maybe it would be different if there was different management but as of right now things are going downhill. Multiple employees looking for different jobs because they are stressed out and feel very unappreciated. I wish I could have stayed at Kinder Care and pursued my career and work my way up in the business but from what I have saying there is no way to advance in this company. Therefore this is the reason I decided to leave
Pros
Child care discounts
Cons
Long working hours, poor management
Stressful work environment, lots of overturn and often out of ratio
Preschool Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CA2 October 2019
Consistency lacking for chidren, charge a lot but spend little on supplies and children. Crafts and learning projects to push on kids and show parents but not really teach. Constantly bumping kids to another age innapropriate room to maintain ratios rather than staff appropriately. Not allowing pumping breaks in addition to regular breaks. Cut hours often and last minute especially around low enrollment or holidays even when normally full time.
Pros
Slightly higher pay range
Cons
Management co teachers petty, favoritism, strict absence policy not friendly to single moms or mothers of sick children.
Decent
Assistant toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Spring Branch, TX26 September 2019
My biggest problem was the management it was no drama or mess with employees (except the older ladies literally not liking the younger ones) but the manager was the worst and had a horrible attitude
Pros
Free lunch, fun job if you love children
Cons
You may get a horrible manager
Stressful
Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA26 September 2019
Stressful environment. Short staffed and some days you work with no breaks at all. Teachers are constantly leaving and are always stressed and have to work overtime. You sometimes get support but not as much as you would need and you have to be in a classroom by yourself to deal with difficult children.
Great job when fully staffed
Lead Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Norman, OK24 September 2019
It was a fun and rewarding job as long as classrooms were staffed and you had good management. We had a Managment change and very understaffed which created a very stressful environment and it was a tense time with everyone on edge because the ratios were out of balance and it creates tension in the classrooms. When you are staffed correctly though it is amazing. I loved coming to work and saw my classroom as a little family and got close with my parents and rejoiced with them at milestones! Truly a great feeling to love what you do!
Pros
Working with kids, Your encouraged to eat with children, flexible schedule, discounts on childcare.
Cons
Expensive healthcare, short staffed frequently.
Loved it
Lead Pre-K Teacher, Management (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VA21 September 2019
I loved my KinderCare in VA. We did go through five directors but our last one was great. She and out second Director were the only ones that helped me get to where I wanted in the company. Both of my children went to kindercare and loved it.
Pros
Childcare discount
Cons
Pay
Rewarding Experience
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA11 September 2019
Although there were many ups and downs of working for a corporate child care company, I believe that my experience was a positive one. I enjoyed my 2 plus years working as a Preschool teacher and was happy with the daily support I was given.
Okay
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OH29 August 2019
I loved what I did, but for the pay and benefits, it just wasn't worth it. It is work not just babysitting. Also a lot of paperwork ans assessments but got paid nearly nothing.
I learned how to work with children to help them excel in school and how to handle every situation that comes upon us.
Assistant preschool/prek teacher (Current Employee) –  Algonquin, IL23 August 2019
I very much enjoy being able to connect, learn and teach every child that comes in. Seeing them grow and look at me as a positive person in their life is accomplishing for me.
Stay away
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CT18 August 2019
Low pay, little appreciation, constant turnover with staff and management. Very stressful with impossible expectations for everyone. Easy to follow curriculum
Don’t recommend it !
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJ11 August 2019
Management sucks. . Doesn’t pay you enough for all the stress . I would not recommend KinderCare at Piscataway. The turn over rate in staff is ridiculous. Management talks down on you like you’re 2 years old. DON’T RECOMMEND WORKING HERE
Poor Management, Great Kids
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CA8 August 2019
I was only at KinderCare for 2.5 weeks because my experience was so horrible. I was never welcomed or trained, just thrown in to the center not knowing what was expected of me. I was hired as a preschool teacher but actually placed on center support duty never knowing what room or even age of children I would be working with each day. Of course I was offended at my placement when I had been promised something else. I had also been promised a raise 8 weeks after starting because I would be taking lessons to become fully qualified. It turned out that the school didn't start for two months afterward, meaning my raise would be 4 months out. The classrooms are constantly out of ratio, and I was sometimes left alone or told to bring children places even while I was non-FQ (I know I'm a good person and trustworthy, but that doesn't change the fact I was not fully qualified and neither are some other teachers). I met several teachers who made me ashamed to be at this center because I believed they were either uninterested in their job or plain unsafe for the kids to be around. I brought this to the attention of the admin team twice in my first week and upon seeing no action (and speaking with other teachers who said they had also complained months ago with no action) I decided to leave the facility. I will not learn from and stoop to the bad behaviors shown to me in only the first week of being at KinderCare in Redwood City - bad language, rough handling of children, general disinterest, shirking duties, hiding in classrooms during outside play time for 30+ minutes, etc. This location  more... is understaffed because the management of the core team is nonexistent. I was told that one classroom had had 8 different teachers in 7 months. That is not a healthy and nurturing environment for kids to grow up in. The administration team is so focused on the center's outward appearance (to the families who enroll) that they give up valuable attention and resources that could help their employees. I believe they should focus on training their teachers first, making sure that each classroom is ready to handle the day to day and is safe for children before looking at the parents. If the teachers know what to do and do it well then the kids are happy. If the kids are happy then the parents are happy.

I loved the kids and I worry for them spending their time at that center. I was scared to leave them but ultimately had to put myself in a better place. The teachers there should not have to put up with mediocrity, they have the available resources from a big chain like KinderCare and should be able to be trained and get new materials in their classrooms when needed.
Pros
Kids are amazing, 2 ten minute breaks plus hour lunch
Cons
Management, low morale
I love it
Toddler Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  TriBeCa, NY25 July 2019
Out of all the centers I’ve worked in. This is the best . They have plenty of benefits and actually treat you with respect and allow you to create your classroom. They are flexible as long as you give them notice within a reasonable amount of time.
Kindercare
Pre-K Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX24 July 2019
It depends on which location you go. I went to a really bad location where management had favoritism and one employee would bully the rest of the other employees and the manager would litterally do nothing. Not only that, there was no discipline or training for the teachers. Will never work there again was very dissapointed !
Horrible management
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA5 July 2019
Kindercare is run by a horrible district leader. Management sucks because they treat employees poorly. Management and teachers overlook students being treated horribly. There was a huge cover up when a student left the facility and walked through traffic
Productive and fun work place
Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VA3 July 2019
I love the fact that I got a chance to work with children all day. What better job can you have then working with kids; where you can play and act silly almost all day.
The kids made the job worth it.
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC29 June 2019
I had a hard time adapting to the culture because the two directors were never on the same accord. We worked from 8-5 it was very stressful. It's not an environment I'd go back to.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8