KinderCare Education Employee Reviews for Preschool Teacher

Don’t recommend it !
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJ11 August 2019
Management sucks. . Doesn’t pay you enough for all the stress . I would not recommend KinderCare at Piscataway. The turn over rate in staff is ridiculous. Management talks down on you like you’re 2 years old. DON’T RECOMMEND WORKING HERE
Poor Management, Great Kids
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CA8 August 2019
I was only at KinderCare for 2.5 weeks because my experience was so horrible. I was never welcomed or trained, just thrown in to the center not knowing what was expected of me. I was hired as a preschool teacher but actually placed on center support duty never knowing what room or even age of children I would be working with each day. Of course I was offended at my placement when I had been promised something else. I had also been promised a raise 8 weeks after starting because I would be taking lessons to become fully qualified. It turned out that the school didn't start for two months afterward, meaning my raise would be 4 months out. The classrooms are constantly out of ratio, and I was sometimes left alone or told to bring children places even while I was non-FQ (I know I'm a good person and trustworthy, but that doesn't change the fact I was not fully qualified and neither are some other teachers). I met several teachers who made me ashamed to be at this center because I believed they were either uninterested in their job or plain unsafe for the kids to be around. I brought this to the attention of the admin team twice in my first week and upon seeing no action (and speaking with other teachers who said they had also complained months ago with no action) I decided to leave the facility. I will not learn from and stoop to the bad behaviors shown to me in only the first week of being at KinderCare in Redwood City - bad language, rough handling of children, general disinterest, shirking duties, hiding in classrooms during outside play time for 30+ minutes, etc. This location  more... is understaffed because the management of the core team is nonexistent. I was told that one classroom had had 8 different teachers in 7 months. That is not a healthy and nurturing environment for kids to grow up in. The administration team is so focused on the center's outward appearance (to the families who enroll) that they give up valuable attention and resources that could help their employees. I believe they should focus on training their teachers first, making sure that each classroom is ready to handle the day to day and is safe for children before looking at the parents. If the teachers know what to do and do it well then the kids are happy. If the kids are happy then the parents are happy.

I loved the kids and I worry for them spending their time at that center. I was scared to leave them but ultimately had to put myself in a better place. The teachers there should not have to put up with mediocrity, they have the available resources from a big chain like KinderCare and should be able to be trained and get new materials in their classrooms when needed.
Pros
Kids are amazing, 2 ten minute breaks plus hour lunch
Cons
Management, low morale
I love it
Toddler Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  TriBeCa, NY25 July 2019
Out of all the centers I’ve worked in. This is the best . They have plenty of benefits and actually treat you with respect and allow you to create your classroom. They are flexible as long as you give them notice within a reasonable amount of time.
Kindercare
Pre-K Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX24 July 2019
It depends on which location you go. I went to a really bad location where management had favoritism and one employee would bully the rest of the other employees and the manager would litterally do nothing. Not only that, there was no discipline or training for the teachers. Will never work there again was very dissapointed !
Horrible management
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA5 July 2019
Kindercare is run by a horrible district leader. Management sucks because they treat employees poorly. Management and teachers overlook students being treated horribly. There was a huge cover up when a student left the facility and walked through traffic
Productive and fun work place
Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VA3 July 2019
I love the fact that I got a chance to work with children all day. What better job can you have then working with kids; where you can play and act silly almost all day.
The kids made the job worth it.
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC29 June 2019
I had a hard time adapting to the culture because the two directors were never on the same accord. We worked from 8-5 it was very stressful. It's not an environment I'd go back to.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Stress
Worked with amazing preschool teacher
Assistant Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CA24 June 2019
I was lucky to have assisted an amazing preschool teacher. Children are not easy, but having someone you can rely on and is supportive makes it easier.
Poor Management, No Communication
Lead Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GA12 June 2019
They cut your hours for no reason and they do not tell you why. Very secretive and rude towards all employees. The ratio was unfair and too much for one person to handle. Management would not help, they would watch you suffer and then threaten your job.
productive
Asst. Pre-School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Covington, WA5 June 2019
i would not put my kids in this day care at all they did not treat the staff very well. i know that other staff members wanted a chance a other things and they could not get it because of other people.
Terrible
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI26 May 2019
I don’t like this company at all terrible treatment of staff not worth it if you want to be disappointed believe everything they tell you absolutely no support from the company for anything
Pros
Kids
Cons
Everything else
Fun, Stessful, Lack of Organized Management
Preschool Teacher/ Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA23 May 2019
Supervised ~10-20 children from ages 3-5 on weekdays after school from 3-7pm. Responsibilities included leading fun group activities, serving meals and snacks, and prepare and teach the preschool curricula such as phonics, alphabet, addition and subtraction, and other early learning materials.
Pros
Kids are fun
Cons
Constant shift in management, No benefits, Stressfull
would not recommend
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Carmel, IN23 April 2019
wouldn't recommend this place to work here or send children there. the management only cares about themselves and making bonus's and do not listen to the teachers.
Not much advancement and low pay
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA21 April 2019
Pay was very low and required much more work than work the pay. Often times things were changed lat minute and you are not informed. They also had health violations.
excellent
TODDLER AND THREE YEAR OLD LEAD TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA18 April 2019
Typical day is kids coming in and greeting them with lots of love and making them yours for the hours there. What I learned is to gain the trust of child and parents. Management is different in all centers.The hardest part of working in child care is getting attach to the kids and seeing them leave. The most enjoyable part of child care is watching them learn and grow
Stressfull. Bad management horrible benefits
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Minnesota13 April 2019
Very stressful place. Horrible management. No PTO or sick time for a YEAR. After you get it an use it you dont get more until the next year and it is only around 35 to 38 hours, it will never be more than that no matter how many years you work there. They don't follow license, dont ever do fire or tornado drills. This place is about the money not about the kids. Staff are allowed to yell at kids, degrade them.
Pros
No staff meetings
Cons
Horrible pto or lack there of. Bad managment.
Poorly Mananged/dishonest
Pre-K Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR6 April 2019
I was hired on as a full time employee but they regularly sent me home early in ratios allowed which resulted in my pay being lower than expected. They pulled children between classes but expected us to still write reports on kids that often weren't in our own care. Management often told parents dishonest information in order to ease their anger at situations.
Workplace
Pre-K Lead Teacher/Floater (Former Employee) –  Colorado1 April 2019
The building and play area outside wasn't big enough for the kids...the staff always took the parents word over their teachers....not enough training....
Pros
The kids
Cons
Pay
I feel like a babysitter.
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OH18 March 2019
At my location we are understaffed and over enrolled. The behavioral issues make it impossible to be an effective teacher because they are not dealt with or swept under the rug. Kids fight, wrestle, run through the class, antagonize one another-classroom management is NOT the issue by far. I referee all day, I rush through circle time and the only peace I get is on my drive home. There's 30+ kids in one room at times which is not conducive when 5-7 are always at each others throats. I enjoy the children tremendously but don't see myself working there long.
Pros
The Children
Cons
Poor management, classroom size, the few "bad" apples
Do not work at Xenia location
Assistant Teacher Pre-K (Former Employee) –  Xenia, OH18 March 2019
The building is very dirty, my first day arriving the cook had a child bound with his arms behind his back and was jerking him around to sit still. She was yelling at him and proceeded to tell him to stop moving and squeezed him harder.
The teacher did nothing but yell harshly at the children all day and took away privileges. She was very unorganized and very unprofessional. Staff would sit and say they were going to punch the parents in the face for not leaving quick enough. All staff made it known that new staff was not welcomed. They bragged about smoking weed. They never had educational plans and would sit and gossip and let the children run around and then scold them for not being structured.
Cons
Very unprofessional doesn’t know how to handle children

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8