KinderCare Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from KinderCare Education:

KinderCare Education Employee Reviews for Preschool Teacher

Preschool Teacher17 reviews
It was exciting making a difference for families and teaching a variety of children of differing ages. The experiences you gain are what you make it. There were many times where I had to take my own initiative for the curriculum and activities. They don't offer great pay and for this line of work, I should have been making much more.
Pros
Fun coworkers, friendly boss, long breaks, rewarding
Cons
Long hours, not very strict, need better regulation of standards
Management was horrible. Not flexible and didn't care about the staff. Can't asked for a day off or call off without being questioned. Families were great and staff was pretty nice. But management didn't care about the staff at all.
Co-workers aren't nice to eachother, bosses like some workers and don't like others and it's obvious.
The workers don't like the kids and are often really mean to them.

Wouldn’t recommend working here to anyone. Management and higher ups treat employees and children like they’re just numbers and replaceable at all times. Don’t speak up about how you feel about certain things or you MOST DEFINITELY WILL BE RETALIATED AGAINST.
Pros
Kids are awesome!
Cons
They don’t care about you.
This job taught me a lot, definitely loved the students & families. Wouldn't recommend doing it long term if you can't handle stressful situations well. Great place to work if you're in college for teaching degree, my center was flexible with college students.
Work/Life balance is okay, you don't really take your work home with you but the stress from the job will definitely follow you home. Teachers pay for a lot of the supplies needed for the class, despite directors advising you to tell them what you need for your classrooms. Been working here for over a year and half and have only gotten a small .02% raise!!! The children bring you lots of joy, but the stress and amount of work you have to do is not worth the little pay.
Pros
children bring you joy
Cons
Very little pay with little opportunites for raise
The children make this a wonderful place to work, especially if you’ve know them since infancy. It’s wonderful to see all the milestones they accomplish.
Its a good compay to work for they have great benifits. I worked for the company for 4 years. I wanted to move up in the company. It was time to leave.
I really enjoyed my time at KinderCare. I worked at Brookhaven KinderCare in PA. Our staff was close and we worked well together and even hung out after work. I loved it.
Easy to get along with everyone, communicates well, kids are loving and loves to learn. parents are very nice and loves to talk about anything and easy going.
It's a very good place to send your children, the staff is very warm and caring. The company as a whole has very good benefits. It is well organized and curriculum oriented
If you have a passion for children and in need of a decent salary this is the place for you.
Thy run a high quality educational program were the children are safe and learn a lot and are ready for kindergarten when they are done with preschool. and offer a great program for school age children.
Do not work for this company. It's all about the money. You do not get any paid time off for a year and no matter how long you work for them your pto will never go up.
No one works together. All for themselves. Working with children should mean something not just a check. Sadly this company is about quantity not quality.
Pros
The children you work with
Cons
Management, no growth or advancement in the company, too clicky like high school.
there are no advancement opportunities here. I got the same pay for 5 years after the managers told me many times i was a great teacher/ employee. DO NOT WORK HERE
I would work anywhere other than Kindercare. The directors get bonuses if they cut cost like food and wages. You are over worked and under appriciated. The problem actually lands on the regional director and not the center director. They do not train properly and makes sure everything lies on the center director. You can't come help with 2 inch steletoes. Everyone there is disposable!!
This was the worst position I’ve ever held! 15+ people have quit in 3 months of being open. The directors only care about revenue, not supporting their teachers. Ten min breaks often are t long enough for breaks, teachers work through lunches and breaks and sometimes our breaks are often forgotten about. The teachers work really hard to make everything ‘KinderCare’ perfect but often the time we have to do so isn’t enough.