KinderCare Education Employee Reviews for Teacher

must love kids and be comfortable with high stress environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MN11 October 2019
Cuddling and making connections with little kids is amazing and it's great to watch them grow. Work life balance can be challenging and you will get sick often until your immune system catches up.
Untrained Management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Winter Springs, FL3 October 2019
Management only concerned with enrolling more children even when a room was full or not enough staff. Management would not assist with behavior issues or follow DCF contagious disease policies. Management seems to be poorly trained and did not attempt to learn state regulations.
Don’t do it
Teacher Float (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH2 October 2019
I don’t recommend anyone one work at kindercare they don’t value you nor for they value your time because your always stuck at work until the ratio is met You barely get a raise and their is no option to
Move up on the company because they like to keep you boxed in. It’s very stressful and chaotic daily. I feel the color of your skin plays a big part.
Pros
Vacation time, child care discount, some of the center have a great Director in management summer camp is fun
Cons
No raises, always stuck at work past your time your schedule
Don’t work here
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CA19 September 2019
Don’t work here unless you have 0 experience and need this place as a stepping stone. The pay sucks, management doesn’t know what they’re doing. At HUCLA the AD sits down and talks to her mom all day on the phone. The director is in lala land and plays with her daughter all day instead of working. She gives tours with her daughter in her arms which is unprofessional. Classes are always out of ratio, you have to Tae an hour 10 then they make you leave 10 minutes early so you don’t get your 8 hours. Don’t work here
#1 place to work
Phonics Teacher (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL8 September 2019
Wonderful place to work and great co-workers! Great hours and always busy with the children. Our Boss was always there to help us out. Staff is always willing to lend a hand.
Crazy but super friendly
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington State6 September 2019
Super Sweet staff and mangement. Being understaff[which causes so much stress and chaos], paying for my kid's daycare, and pay were my issues. You have to basically work over time if you want to get daycare for your child & make a decent profit.

Pro: friendly staff, mangement always there for you if you want to talk or need to vent , kids
Con: under staffed which caused a lack of consistency and major stress issues
Look for another place
Site Teacher (Current Employee) –  Nevada1 September 2019
I'm going to keep this brief, even though I could write a whole book on how much I do not like this company. My main words to describe the culture of working here is: Hypocritical, bullying, favoritism, stressful and underpaid. Management doesn't know what to do half the time, and when they are doing something, it is usually filling your head up with empty promises. I do not recommend working here, even in the most dire of needs. Your mental health is greatly more important, than the stress of working here.
Great Staff, Horrible Management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MN25 August 2019
There was not a moment where the center I worked at was properly staffed. All management cared about is increasing enrollment despite stretching their employees so thin. Upper staff does not properly communicate with staff. There's a reason there is a high turnover rate
A lot of responsibility for litte pay.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ca14 August 2019
The company does not care about its employees nor the children in the centers. Its main focus is making money regardless of the effect on its employees and students. Center management isn't much better, the focus is all about numbers.
Terrible, Ran like a highschool!!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK2 August 2019
The office is like a click of mean girls who play favorites, didn't take work or love for children serious. No curriculum work was applied at the center I worked.
I loved this job
PreK teacher Floater (Former Employee) –  Omaha Regency, NE25 July 2019
The culture amongst the staff was Fantastic! We worked collaboratively to ensure children were provided quality care during the day.
In addition, we had the best curriculum, trainings, and professional development. I enjoyed building relationships with parents.
The upkeep of the facility is also pleasing. Staff have high morale and overall it is a great place to work.
Poor management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA24 July 2019
My experience with KinderCare was poor management and discrimination against a disability. I have heard through the grapevine though that the director is no longer there. Thank goodness for that.
Worst job I ever had
Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PA21 July 2019
It was the most stressful job I ever had. Management support was terrible. Classrooms always over allotted child teacher ratio. Management didn't care. People quit left and right and upper management ignored it. Unsafe for kids with such high teacher child ratios.
Teachers make the a difference.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rockford, IL16 July 2019
The teaching staff at KinderCare is amazing. They are the caring and compassionate people I have even have the honor to work with. Everyday they give 100% to each and every child.
Horrible management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WA29 June 2019
Kindercare is a terrible place to work. The management is terrible and the bosses play favorites. They talk about their employees. Children are great.
If you like to be underpaid
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ohio27 June 2019
Kindercare is an overpriced "school" filled with kicking, screaming, spitting children. The directors do nothing to help the teachers with these children. The best part about this job is the health insurance.
If you have a short temper or anxiety this job is not for you. Also if you do not want to deal with 12 4-year olds at the same time this job is not for you.
Pros
health insurance
Inappropriate and unsafe workplace
PM Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CT25 June 2019
Safety of children and teachers was always in jeopardy and never taken seriously. Children would be moved to developmentally inappropriate classrooms in order to get teachers to leave on time because there was never enough coverage. Children were sometimes kept in classrooms with illegal child to staff ratios.
Cons
Pressured to take an hour break to not get paid, supervisors never listened to safety concerns of teachers
Challenging work environment.
Teacher at Champions (Current Employee) –  Katy, TX15 June 2019
It used to be a fun place to work where we would share our ideas and get to learn and meet talented teachers each day.With the right kind of help I would manage the classrooms and also support the newly hired Director and student teachers. I try to implement the curriculum as much as possible and use others ideas to help build a strong team at work.
Pros
Helps those in need for before and after school care for their kids.
Cons
No H.R training.
Great place to work for PT
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC9 June 2019
I loved working for Kindercare, the salary was good and everything, there just werent too many hours available to work. The children always had breaks and it was quite annoying for me because I wanted to be there engaging with them, making money.
Pros
Benefits, management, environment
Cons
Pay, hours
don't take your child there if you love them
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Totem Lake, WA3 June 2019
I worked at Kinder Care Totem lake for 16 months. Management was poor and the work place was dysfunctional. After a Left, one of the parents who still had their daughter enrolled there said it was like the inmates were running the prison. It got really bad. they charge huge fees and the children are not the first ones thought of, its how much money the company can make.
Official response from KinderCare Education
12 June 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience working at our Totem Lake location. Unfortunately, it sounds like the center you worked at wasn't living up to our service values or quality that we strive for. We admit that we aren't perfect but we will definitely look into the situation. If you would like to share additional information please send us an email KinderCarejobs@kc-education.com

- Derek, Talent Attraction Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8