KinderCare Education Employee Reviews for Teacher

A lot of responsibility for litte pay.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ca14 August 2019
The company does not care about its employees nor the children in the centers. Its main focus is making money regardless of the effect on its employees and students. Center management isn't much better, the focus is all about numbers.
Terrible, Ran like a highschool!!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK2 August 2019
The office is like a click of mean girls who play favorites, didn't take work or love for children serious. No curriculum work was applied at the center I worked.
I loved this job
PreK teacher Floater (Former Employee) –  Omaha Regency, NE25 July 2019
The culture amongst the staff was Fantastic! We worked collaboratively to ensure children were provided quality care during the day.
In addition, we had the best curriculum, trainings, and professional development. I enjoyed building relationships with parents.
The upkeep of the facility is also pleasing. Staff have high morale and overall it is a great place to work.
Poor management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA24 July 2019
My experience with KinderCare was poor management and discrimination against a disability. I have heard through the grapevine though that the director is no longer there. Thank goodness for that.
Worst job I ever had
Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PA21 July 2019
It was the most stressful job I ever had. Management support was terrible. Classrooms always over allotted child teacher ratio. Management didn't care. People quit left and right and upper management ignored it. Unsafe for kids with such high teacher child ratios.
Teachers make the a difference.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rockford, IL16 July 2019
The teaching staff at KinderCare is amazing. They are the caring and compassionate people I have even have the honor to work with. Everyday they give 100% to each and every child.
Horrible management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WA29 June 2019
Kindercare is a terrible place to work. The management is terrible and the bosses play favorites. They talk about their employees. Children are great.
If you like to be underpaid
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ohio27 June 2019
Kindercare is an overpriced "school" filled with kicking, screaming, spitting children. The directors do nothing to help the teachers with these children. The best part about this job is the health insurance.
If you have a short temper or anxiety this job is not for you. Also if you do not want to deal with 12 4-year olds at the same time this job is not for you.
Pros
health insurance
Inappropriate and unsafe workplace
PM Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CT25 June 2019
Safety of children and teachers was always in jeopardy and never taken seriously. Children would be moved to developmentally inappropriate classrooms in order to get teachers to leave on time because there was never enough coverage. Children were sometimes kept in classrooms with illegal child to staff ratios.
Cons
Pressured to take an hour break to not get paid, supervisors never listened to safety concerns of teachers
Challenging work environment.
Teacher at Champions (Current Employee) –  Katy, TX15 June 2019
It used to be a fun place to work where we would share our ideas and get to learn and meet talented teachers each day.With the right kind of help I would manage the classrooms and also support the newly hired Director and student teachers. I try to implement the curriculum as much as possible and use others ideas to help build a strong team at work.
Pros
Helps those in need for before and after school care for their kids.
Cons
No H.R training.
Great place to work for PT
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC9 June 2019
I loved working for Kindercare, the salary was good and everything, there just werent too many hours available to work. The children always had breaks and it was quite annoying for me because I wanted to be there engaging with them, making money.
Pros
Benefits, management, environment
Cons
Pay, hours
don't take your child there if you love them
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Totem Lake, WA3 June 2019
I worked at Kinder Care Totem lake for 16 months. Management was poor and the work place was dysfunctional. After a Left, one of the parents who still had their daughter enrolled there said it was like the inmates were running the prison. It got really bad. they charge huge fees and the children are not the first ones thought of, its how much money the company can make.
Official response from KinderCare Education
12 June 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience working at our Totem Lake location. Unfortunately, it sounds like the center you worked at wasn't living up to our service values or quality that we strive for. We admit that we aren't perfect but we will definitely look into the situation. If you would like to share additional information please send us an email KinderCarejobs@kc-education.com

- Derek, Talent Attraction Manager

Did not care for the children.
teacher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN26 May 2019
I was a float and was treated poorly. The administration was poor and very uncaring. The Memphis’ employees were going through a change and it reflected on the way they handled the children.
Pros
Steady employment
Cons
Lack of consistent handling the children.
shocked
2's teacher (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA 9270421 May 2019
the environment was always stressful with very little to no support and co-workers that were territorial.
There was always confusion and you never know your schedule ahead of time
Poor management and no benefits
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tribeca Kindercare28 April 2019
This place was poorly managed, teacher credentials were not considered when placing teachers in roles. Management controlled the pay scale hence she paid us what she felt. People with no degrees and little to no experience made more than people with several degrees and experience. We were made to clean the facility; scrubbing toilets, wiping walls and windows daily. The company offers no paid time off for the first year and sick time was accrued through NYS law which worked out to be a half hour earned a week. It takes a long time to earn a sick day. They don't close at any point in the year except the major federal holidays like Christmas, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence day, and Labor Day. I believe those were the only holidays, so if you wanted time off teachers, you take it with no pay. They also promised a schedule during your interview then keep you there well past your scheduled time, with no intention of finding coverage to relieve you, not even to allow you to go to the bathroom.
Pros
Flagship location
Cons
Administration, salary, benefits
Good for short-term employment/ filler job
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK18 April 2019
Kindercare is a great part-time employment opportunity for short-term employment. I would NOT recommend long term employment with Kindercare. Management is alright–if at times, oblivious and short-sighted. Raises are non-existent and pay is inconsistent between new hires and experienced workers. It is recommended you look elsewhere if you have a degree in education. The pay that is offered for those with a degree here is laughable and downright disrespectful. This job has a high turnover and many employees look for other jobs due to low pay and unhappiness with positions offered. As a lead teacher, I would not get the supplies I needed to teach lessons out of the REQUIRED curriculum.
Cons
short breaks, low pay, inconsistency
Run.
teacher (Former Employee) –  Illinois18 April 2019
This place will emotionally drain you. Its not the children, it's management, the lack of routine, inconsistency in teachers in classrooms. Management can be quite emotionally abusive if you're not a favorite. The amount of pay is not worth doing all this or staying here.
Fun job, bad hours
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Loveland, OH13 April 2019
Get everything in writing! My manager at my time of employment told me on my departure everything was fine ( I could come back at any time) and then put a not rehired on my file , get anything discussed in writing , corporate will not look into it or change it even though the manager is no longer with the company. Once you are on a shift chances are that is your shift .
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX9 April 2019
A typical day at KinderCare, would be teaching my three year olds how to write and trace, read, teaching them math, intellectual skills, science and social studies.
Horrible place to work!!!!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN8 April 2019
Poor management, felt left out and unappreciated, children were disrespectful and rude. Management would treat certain employees with more care than others. Not a good place to work!!!
Pros
Free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8