KinderCare Education Employee Reviews for Teaching Assistant

Work here unless you want stress every day
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA27 August 2019
I have been relocated to three different childcare locations within the company and they're all the same. Cooked management, teachers unhappy. I regret leaving and going back to this company hoping management would be different.
Poor quality child care under the guise of quality.
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CO25 July 2019
There are a lot of nice sounding words about individualizing the experience, letting children discover,etc., but the real emphasis is on having the exact number of children allowed per teacher even if it means switching children from room to room with no other reason and making sure the children line up to come in, go thorough check in procedures, then go inside and repeat the practice before being told exactly what to do despite their personal interest or preferences. Problem children are catered to to keep the peace and teachers are not allowed to address concerns with parents. This makes for a certain amount of chaos and yelling at the children. There is large staff turnover when they get tired of not being heard or supported.
The kids are awesome
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exton, PA24 July 2019
Pros: The kids are awesome, overall nice staff, they make learning fun, great discount for your own children
Cons: Overworked, turnover, don't care about your concerns
Very stressful and poor management.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prattville, AL11 July 2019
It was awful working at Kindercare. The center director didn't know what she was doing. It was stressful, unprofessional, and teachers were constantly quitting. There were many things going on behind the scenes that weren't being addressed, because if you reported any issues to corporate, they would go back and tell the center director, and there would be retaliation. The pay was extremely low for all the work that you had to do. Hours were constantly being cut. Constantly running out of supplies, because there wasn't enough being ordered. The staff wasn't very friendly. There would be a lot of talk going on behind people's backs. It isn't a very trustworthy environment to work in.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, low hours, they don't close every holiday.
Save your time. This is not the place to work at.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling20 June 2019
Very unprofessional. Usually at daycares there should always be one person with teaching credentials. Not at KCE. Anyone can “teach” there. Management is a joke. Only cares about one teacher and never listens to concerns of others. Lots of favoritism.
Pros
Building connections with the kids
KinderCare
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, MI13 June 2019
A Typical day here consists of the housekeeping of the facility, making of/ executing of routines, the care of and educating of young children. I learned the importance of the years birth to five and how much of an impact we have as early childcare providers. Management was good overall in house and at a corporate level, but there are many strengths and weaknesses that I noticed in-house. Workplace culture was a bit relaxed, felt like family, and a bit unprofessional because of that piece. The most enjoyable part of the job was the reassurance I received from growing and learning children and gaining the trust of the parents through good works.
Great for someone in college.
Teacher • Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maple Valley, WA11 May 2019
I have worked at Kindercare for just under two years now. It is a great place to work while you are obtaining your degree in any field related to teaching. If you do not intend to work with children as your career, do not apply here. It is a very demanding job physically and emotionally. There are a lot of other jobs out there that do not have the risk of children not receiving proper care and education.
Pros
childcare benefits, great insurance
Cons
low wages for demand of job
Do not apply here
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA26 April 2019
Poor management, disrespectful and messy center..all the mess start with management!! They do not care about their workers and treat yu poorly so I wouldn’t recommend
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Everything else
Poor management, uneducated teachers.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sammamish, WA3 April 2019
working in this center was difficult, the lack of support from the other teachers was too much. This is not a learning center is a child care center they just make sure kids are alive at the end of the day to go home.
Cons
Chaos
Some amazing kids, lack of consistency and high turnover
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD16 March 2019
Pros: I've had great moments and shifts here. There are amazing children who I love dearly. Some shifts I'm like wow im getting paid to play with sweet children! I recommend being full-time and a lead teacher here rather than a part-time teacher aide. The full-time lead teachers had better shifts than me cause they have very consistent hours and were always in the same classroom with stability. I felt like I could easily work with every staff member and there was a sense of teamwork. I liked being able to play, spend time outside, do crafts. I found a lot of the work very fun. No shift was boring! You should be creative and somewhat artistic especially if you're a lead teacher.
-A big perk is they let you take a CDA class for FREE online through their employment.

Cons: Even though I was an assistant, I normally worked alone in classrooms which I wasn't happy with and not what I signed up for. My part-time hours were all over the place and my schedule was often changed the day of my shift. Of course any daycare will have stress and difficult children, but I didn't feel like problems I addressed were resolved. I felt like I wasn't receiving support I needed. It was also highly stressful having a lot turnover (which is understandable in this field) but I feel like they were constantly hiring people and seeing them leave repeatedly which I'm sure stressed out the children too.

-Be prepared to do a lot of cleaning, have energy, be on your feet walking most of the day (except if you are with infants you will be less active), be able to comfortably lift children. Be comfortable
  more... working with diapers, messes, and dirty work.

-Be comfortable working with several ages.
Pros
The children, fun, sense of teamwork, stable if you're full-time
Cons
Lack of support, unstable hours, stressful, high turnover
Poorly managed and directors did not truly care about the children
Teacher/Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  31st Street Tulsa, OK3 December 2018
In the month I was there, the senior and assistant directors did not treat employees fairly. They were more cliquey and high-school like than company leaders. They paid one teacher more than others who had been there longer and she rarely did her own job. And it seemed as if they were uncomfortable in their company positions, and also did not genuinely care for the children, only the money.
Pros
good benefits and employee discounts
Cons
poor management, low pay, little or no breaks
fun and vibrant work place
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, IL20 November 2018
I worked in all the different rooms and age ranges at Kindercare, I liked it because you never had the same day twice. Everyday was new and exciting. I also really enjoyed teaching, watching the kids faces light up when they learned something new
Pros
we did family style lunch were the teachers and kids ate together
Cons
n/a
my opinion
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT27 October 2018
Friendly working environment all teachers work together. I have learned that all children are unique, special, different in there own way it take patients working with children. The hardest of the job is when you work with some one that is not on the same page as you are or not willing to work with you. Working with a good staff of teachers also the director.
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR15 September 2018
Working at KinderCare had lots of challenges. We went through a lot of staff and management was not consistent. The company cared more about money then what was needed. We defiantly needed a cook and more staff in the mornings. Very stressful.
Poor management
Teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJ13 September 2018
Poor management doesn’t care about employees don’t train people, very clicky,favoritism. Would not recommend working here at all. The experience of working here was absolutely terriable and are very unprofessional
Pros
Cons
Poor management, no training
Unfair
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beach Park, IL9 August 2018
I worked in the beach park Illinois area and it was a nightmare. It's so hard to get a raise because they'll tell you they can't afford it but you'll eventually find out that employees working there longer than you are either making what they started you off or are making less.. they will hire new people with no experience and they'll be making more money than what you started. You ask for hours, they won't give you more. They'll have you floating around everywhere. They are so desperate for people because everyone eventually realizes this place is so trashy. Management was so bad that two times we were working without a manager. Management is so hard to reach even when parents are trying to contact them.... Do yourself a favor and don't work here! Not for champions
Pros
Your get paid on snow days
Cons
They treat you like trash
Great Environment
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CA19 July 2018
I worked at the Champions program in Mark Twain Elementary and the other teachers there were amazing! I loved working there and the kids were great. It is definitely an easy place to get attached to because of the teachers and the students. The site director there is great with schedules and days off when you need one and she is a great mentor overall. I only left because the drive did not equal out to scheduling (not something the site director can control but definitely something she tries to change and tries to give extra hours if possible).
Pros
Great environment, great teachers, and great kids
Cons
not enough hours, no room for upgrade
Classroom setting
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TX7 June 2018
You would come in at your scheduled time and go the room you are assigned to. Teach the age group all day and do activities with the kids. Plan on different learning activities for the kids and help them serve themselves during meal times. Potty trained the two year kids in that classroom.
Pros
Off Weekends
Cons
Pay isn't much
Do not work here
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PA5 May 2018
Not enough staff, drama,favoritism,over ratio,pay rate is horrible, management is terrible, can’t make a doctors appointment not guaranteed to get out on time then you don’t show up for your appointments and your charged 30 dollars for a no show!
Pros
Children and families
Cons
Would never work for them
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, La.8 February 2018
Never got an interview and a chance to apply. They said was not qualified for the position and I was a one year old teacher, a substitute teacher and ect
Pros
Cons
Never give you a chance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8