KinderCare Education Employee Review

View all KinderCare Education reviews

Corporate run childcare. Go local
Lead Teacher Preschool (Former Employee) –  United States16 February 2019
I love working with children. That said, there was no training, the position was not what I expected. Turnover is high, with good reason. Services for children go through the corporate structure first and many times when we call we have already been through all their suggestions. Takes a lot of time before we get local district help. Local management good but always stressed with corporate demands. No floaters so Director and AD are often in ratio so infrequent bathroom breaks. Difficulty getting time off on short notice. They try their best. Don’t get sick, you will have to work regardless. Classrooms have to be in ratio so children and teachers shift so you may not spend the day in your room. The curriculum is a bit random and not appropriate nationwide with weather constraints. You can enhance it however. Lack of toys and supplies the last few months of the year or if the attendance drops. Meal plan for kids is ok. Seems that corporate level hires business people not education people. Prefer my local run childcare.
Pros
Free CDA if you stay that long, insurance, employee buying progeam
Cons
Too many to list, read review then keep looking

Other KinderCare Education Employee Reviews

#1 place to work
Phonics Teacher (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL8 September 2019
Wonderful place to work and great co-workers! Great hours and always busy with the children. Our Boss was always there to help us out. Staff is always willing to lend a hand.
Horrible place to work!
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR7 September 2019
This place is an absolute joke. They reel you in with "benefits" and "high pay." No! They don't care about employees they don't care for the kids.(Some days kids go without snack) and will confront you about things you say and do off clock at dinner with "coworkers" (meaning you can't even be yourself.) Lame company!
Pros
Pay
Cons
L A C K O F C O M M U N I C A T I O N. BIG TIME! And they are very money greedy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8