KinderCare Education Employee Review

View all KinderCare Education reviews

Do Not Work Here
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI2 January 2019
I worked here for a solid 2-3 months and I regret even clicking on the application.

Teachers are severely underpaid, the person who trained me made 10.60 an hour while I was hired at 12.80 an hour.

The majority of people who work here are underpaid and even worse if you have a degree. There was a lovely woman who had gone to get her bachelors degree with the hopes to get a decent raise, as hinted at by management.

Once she finally graduated, they offered a single dollar as a raise. One Dollar for a Bachelor's Degree. This would put up her total hourly wage at 13 dollars an hour after 11 years of service.

They also charge ridiculous rates, if I remember correctly they charged 450 a week to take care of an infant. 450 A WEEK.

Their teachers hardly are able to afford to put their own kids in this program WITH the "employee discount".

This place is great for college students, the schedules can be flexible but don't plan on doing anything because they will hold you against your will until they are in ratio.

It wasn't uncommon for someone who came in at 7AM to stay until closing (6PM) because of how many kids were there and they had to stay within ratio.

Just don't bother, this company is not for those who want a genuine career.
Pros
Flexible Schedules for College Students
Cons
Management, Pay, Everything under the sun. Don't apply.

Other KinderCare Education Employee Reviews

Vision and management lack commitment.
Site Director / Champions (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO19 September 2019
KinderCare Education: Champions is a split shift schedule. The hours that are worked do not allow for full-time hours and not enough time to get the desired work completed to run a successful program. When hired, staff is educated on hours that are offered, but these hours are not offered. With a split shift, it is very difficult to get a second job.
Unfortunately, during my time at Champions, I have not learned many new understandings within this field. Unless a staff member reaches out for training and support, it is not provided. Most often, when asked for assistance, the management teams does not reach out and offer training or advice.
The management is very difficult to get in contact with and don't respond in a timely fashion to minimal questions or concerns addressed by staff.
The culture in an individual location is presentable, however, as a company, not collaborative in any sense.
The most difficult part of the job is the desire to make the environment fun and comfortable for the children and parents, with a non-supportive upper management team.
Fast paced and enegetic
Summer camp counselor (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MI19 September 2019
Communication is a very important role in this job. Make sure the people you're working with are clear on your intentions as well as the area manager.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
very inconsistent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8