KinderCare Education Employee Review

View all KinderCare Education reviews

Stressful
lead teacher 4 year old (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA14 June 2019
At my location they were focused on making money versus providing quality daycare. Kids were moved around constantly and teachers sent home to satisfy ratios. There was more of an emphasis on how the room looked than how the kids were taken care of.
Pros
Full time hours with benefits, decent materials and curriculum
Cons
Stressful environment, lack of support, constant staff turn over

Other KinderCare Education Employee Reviews

Avoid this job not worth your time.
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJ20 September 2019
The management was poorly structured. Unhelpful and really lack a lot of knowledge. Also the training that they provide isn't nearly enough unless you truly seek out assistant even then it doesn't do enough. The most difficult part was the way the site I worked at was treated compared to all other sites in the nearby area. In addition, I felt the staff at our site was given higher expectation regarding travel to meetings then should be suitable based on the distance. Also the amount of effort to assist the site I was at to increase number of active students by people outside of site felt non-existent which was very discouraging when they would constantly ask why aren't the numbers increasing when realistically the higher ups were barely aware of what was going on at the site and rarely came to visit while all other sites in the area were constantly visited.

In addition staff training meetings that would happen pretty much every month with the full staff were almost always a waste of time and felt unnecessary and when you factor in the constant travel. It also didn't help that most lesson plans and rules were constantly being changed on the spot and sometimes our staff was completely unaware of these changes.

In conclusion, I will say this though the job had many faults the only real positive is purely because I enjoyed my time with the kids and certain memories I had while working their and some of the staff on my level and below I got a long with, however I would not recommend this position unless your willing to put up with many of these issues and more.
Don’t work here
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CA19 September 2019
Don’t work here unless you have 0 experience and need this place as a stepping stone. The pay sucks, management doesn’t know what they’re doing. At HUCLA the AD sits down and talks to her mom all day on the phone. The director is in lala land and plays with her daughter all day instead of working. She gives tours with her daughter in her arms which is unprofessional. Classes are always out of ratio, you have to Tae an hour 10 then they make you leave 10 minutes early so you don’t get your 8 hours. Don’t work here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8