Kiwibank Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Solutions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland19 May 2018
enjoyed each and every moment of my job. worked for 1 year but it was so quick that i didn't even realize. wonderful company and great culture. every single achievement is celebrated.
Pros
free lunches, great team, staff benefits
Cons
nothing found
Asset Liability Management Manager/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auckland9 May 2018
Kiwibank is a great place to work. It definitely provide people space to grow and expand their exposure. Culture is nice, people are approachable, always willing to talk and help.
Fun Day
Banking Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glenfield, Auckland12 November 2017
I love Kiwibank

I love to help people and I aim to do what is right for the customers ensuring a win win situation for the both business and the people.

Workplace culture is very professional and every team member is really helpful and kind.
Great palce to work
Office Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington13 July 2017
Kiwibank has been a great place to work however, the remuneration for the amount of work some staff do is not up to market rate. this is especially clear where staff are given more work to their BAU role.
Fun workplace
Holiday Programme Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellington Central, Wellington7 June 2017
Throughout the holidays the programme planner would come up with activities that not only we enjoyed but most importantly the children enjoyed.

Great team of 5 led by an awesome supervisor. Learnt alot from the other members - how to cope under pressure.
Great and progressive place to work, good culture
Information consultant (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington9 February 2017
Kiwibank is a young organisation with a great culture that try to make a change in New Zealand approach to Banking. It's not scared of the new way to do things and try new technologies to achieve it, I'm grateful that I'm a part of the team that implements new technologies around the business in here.
Can do attitude in work approach
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington18 January 2017
I worked as part of a Product Team in this role. I worked with very intelligent and personable people. There was a strong variety to the work and a lot of opportunities to lead the delivery of business outcomes. It was also a fun and enjoyable environment.
Pros
Working with high performing and personable people
Not good enough
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hawera, Taranaki1 November 2016
The banking part is really good and enjoyable the helpdesk team are amazing but with the amount of work i do the pay is no where near enough. It is most definately the lowest out of all the branches for a CSR manager. Its absolutely shocking.
Cons
Heavy lifting ebery night closing
Great work, life balance
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington20 September 2016
Kiwibank is a great place to enter into the financial sector. A typical day work as a CSR will be fast paced and requires excellent time management skills. You may struggle to grown within the company as internal opportunities are sadly based on "who you know" Jobs at Kiwibank are secure. Sadly this may be due to the high staff turnover. Kiwibank's salary is performance based but does not compete with competitors.
Pros
Job Security.
Cons
No free time to breath, performance based salary with low rewards for high achievers.
Great people and a Kiwiana bank
Head of Talent (Current Employee) –  Wellington8 July 2016
Kiwibank has some great people working within however it has many growing pains with trying to grow into a bigger bank. The bank needs to grow in change maturity. Meanwhile the bank does have a heart for NZ
Pros
Cons
Change adverse
Professional organisation
Test Manager (Contracting) (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington29 May 2016
Kiwibank is a professional organisation with productive and Fun activities and events and with lots of learning opportunities.
Savvy bank that supports it's people and promotes personal growth
Mobile Mortgage Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland New Zealand6 January 2016
During my time at Kiwibank i was fortunate to have been mentored by a great manager who provided me with direction and the autonomy to learn and grow.

The culture at Kiwibank has always been rated high from existing and previous employees.

Being a Mobile Mortgage Manager at Kiwibank allowed me to build on my lending and networking skills which was a critical part of the role to be successful.

I also had an incredible supportive team and given the chance, i would not hesitate to work for Kiwibank again.
Pros
Autonomy to work from home
Cons
Outside business hours
Beehive like
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wellington29 January 2015
My daily work is great, being able to communicate and help people. My job is to answer questions and make their banking experience easier, better and cheaper, providing a tailor made solution for problems. Co-workers are a good mix and good to work with, even if they are younger than I am. Management is management. My direct team leader is a star. Hardest part of the job is providing solutions to angry customers that have to wait 40min plus in the queues because management don't want to help providing more staff to cope with the workload during the night shift. Queues overload, as on average only 7 staff to man the call centre with queues of 80 to over 150 waiting. Most enjoyable part is touching peoples daily life , helping the people making changes to get maximum benefits by saving time, saving money and making banking easy and a pleasure.
Pros
Helping customers being a human and not a computer/robot.
Cons
currently working night shift with almost no chance of changing although promised.
A fun and challenging place to work
Solutions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whangaparaoa, N9 January 2015
This job is fun and every day is different which is what I enjoy.
A typical day involves a team start-up where information is passed on and discussed. Then comes opening the branch and assessing customers inquiries which can be anything from sending a simple parcel within Auckland to helping customers apply for the IRD numbers and making bill payments. Stock management is also a very important part of my day to ensure we are fully stocked and ready to assist customers with all their needs. I enjoy the team environment that I am a part of and I feel that I am a very strong, compassionate and motivating team player. The End Of Day process is completed which includes cash handling, cheques and ensuring the premises is fully secured, I feel that I also have a strong and positive relationship with the management,
The best part of my job is getting to know the customers and knowing that they are satisfied with the service that I have given them.
Great times
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Wellington cbd6 December 2014
Worked at Kiwibank for a year and a half and had the best time working there.
Pros
great culture and people
MY job
Customer Service officer (Former Employee) –  Wellsford, N22 July 2014
working her was awesome learning all the new things about banking
Busy but interesting place to work
Solutions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland12 June 2014
Learned many different skills in this role, it was fast paced but every day varied. I loved my team members and was sad to leave.
A typical day at work involved serving over 100 customers as we were a very busy branch. I worked alongside my team and we supported each other through those busy and sometimes stressful times. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know regular customers and providing them top service. The hardest part of the job was sometimes dealing with difficult or irate customers but all my team members faced this at times so we calmed them and found solutions.
Fun work enviroment
Duty management (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, New Zealand11 February 2014
Everyday was different as customer came in with different needs, which made the place exciting to work at.I worked in a very fast paced environment and had a great team leader, with great staff to work along side. You learnt something new nearly everyday. The hardest part of the job was dealing with abusive customers, most rewarding the was also calming them down and always being able to help someone.
Pros
Very flexible bosses
Cons
nil
welcoming and professional
Helping staff (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead28 November 2013
working at Kiwibank/NZ post was a nice experience as it showed me a general idea of the retail industry and not just what goes on in the front but also a lot of behind the scenes things that you wouldnt normally know goes on and made me appreciate all the jobs people have that make everything work.
my co-workers were awesome and caring people who welcomed me straight away and helped me in any way they could if i ever needed it and i felt like i was part of the team almost straight away
the most enjoyable part o the job was being in an environment that you would not normally think of as having such happiness and a feeling of fun in it
Fun work place with career progression
banking and home loan representative (Current Employee) –  Wellington15 September 2013
Awesome place to work, learnt many different skills and career progression was always encouraged and supported.
Pros
free coffee/tea/milo, free fruit tuesdays, excellent staff discounts
Cons
Sometimes long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiwibank. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3