Kiwibank
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kiwibank Employee Reviews

New Zealand33 reviews
Lots of Learning for better growth in banking Industry
To deal with difficult person is absolutely the hardest part of that job who doesn't know the Code of Conduct of banking

Very Friendly environment

Management is so professional and well organised.

The best part of the job was the best team i had worked with.
Pros
Everything was Awesome
Cons
Nothing i find
best place I have worked in. People and environment is awesome. I enjoyed the culture. Wasn't too formal but professional. Opportunities for hard workers to progress.
Working at Kiwibank has been my favourite job to date. The team i worked with in both different branches were very friendly, encouraging and supportive.
This opportunity gave me such great life experience.
I have been at Kiwibank 16 years, learnt heaps. Love Complaints/Negotiations. However my kids are grown up, no ties here, been on a Cruise Ship. Itchy feet, want to work on one! Wanted to work on ship for many years
Really nice supportive place to work, lots of fun and laughs too which makes work a fun place to go each day.
Plenty of opportunity to learn more and step into new roles as they are available.
The company is awesome to work for. They really care about their employees. Lots of employee benefits, and competitions between branches. Lots of support available if needed. Only left the job as I moved to live in Australia.
A typical day at Kiwibank with Lending ops was hectic, but fun. We were a team and worked together to ensure the job was done efficiently and within time frames. I really did and still do love the Kiwibank culture. We have each others back, we empower each other and we work as a team.
I was able to grow and take charge of my personal development, setting goals and meeting these within agreed time frames.

Rolled out the move from paper base settlements to online based settlements.
Pros
We were a team, Banking benefits, Morning tea shouts, recognition
Cons
I had to travel 3 hours a day
The environment at work was relieved by playing the table tennis during break or times when we were stressed. this helps us to feel relax and than we can focus on our work.
Pros
Free bees
Cons
Focus on work as was related with money all day.
too much pressure from senior staff.
seems too dominating environment but stating that its part of their job and your training.

Expectation are too high from staff.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kiwibank?
I worked for Kiwibank as a contractor for over a year. The organisation has poor workplace culture and work life balance.

The workload is very high and the culture has become increasingly combative and aggressive and stressful to work in over the years. Senior managers are always trying to undermine each others positions so they can reach their personal career objectives. Unfortunately I have witnessed a lot of my colleagues being bullied by their managers and employees are increasingly suffering from burn out, it was not a pleasant environment to work in.

Basically Kiwibank is no different from any other bank but tries to sell their brand and image as something unique and different, but unfortunately it's internal organisational culture and values could not be further apart from the image they portray.

I was not impressed with the executive team at all and would not recommend Kiwibank as an organisation to work for in the long term.
Cons
Poor culture and work life balance
Wonderful place to work, full of amazing colleagues and office environment. Excellent training available and incentives to perform. Employer gives back to local community.
enjoyed each and every moment of my job. worked for 1 year but it was so quick that i didn't even realize. wonderful company and great culture. every single achievement is celebrated.
Pros
free lunches, great team, staff benefits
Cons
nothing found
Kiwibank is a great place to work. It definitely provide people space to grow and expand their exposure. Culture is nice, people are approachable, always willing to talk and help.
I love Kiwibank

I love to help people and I aim to do what is right for the customers ensuring a win win situation for the both business and the people.

Workplace culture is very professional and every team member is really helpful and kind.
Kiwibank has been a great place to work however, the remuneration for the amount of work some staff do is not up to market rate. this is especially clear where staff are given more work to their BAU role.
Throughout the holidays the programme planner would come up with activities that not only we enjoyed but most importantly the children enjoyed.

Great team of 5 led by an awesome supervisor. Learnt alot from the other members - how to cope under pressure.
Kiwibank is a young organisation with a great culture that try to make a change in New Zealand approach to Banking. It's not scared of the new way to do things and try new technologies to achieve it, I'm grateful that I'm a part of the team that implements new technologies around the business in here.
I worked as part of a Product Team in this role. I worked with very intelligent and personable people. There was a strong variety to the work and a lot of opportunities to lead the delivery of business outcomes. It was also a fun and enjoyable environment.
Pros
Working with high performing and personable people
The banking part is really good and enjoyable the helpdesk team are amazing but with the amount of work i do the pay is no where near enough. It is most definately the lowest out of all the branches for a CSR manager. Its absolutely shocking.
Cons
Heavy lifting ebery night closing
Kiwibank is a great place to enter into the financial sector. A typical day work as a CSR will be fast paced and requires excellent time management skills. You may struggle to grown within the company as internal opportunities are sadly based on "who you know" Jobs at Kiwibank are secure. Sadly this may be due to the high staff turnover. Kiwibank's salary is performance based but does not compete with competitors.
Pros
Job Security.
Cons
No free time to breath, performance based salary with low rewards for high achievers.
Kiwibank has some great people working within however it has many growing pains with trying to grow into a bigger bank. The bank needs to grow in change maturity. Meanwhile the bank does have a heart for NZ
Pros
Cons
Change adverse