Kiwibank

Kiwibank Employee Reviews

New Zealand35 reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

Nice workplace however extremely understaffed.

Immense amount of workload from day to day and unlimited amount of backlog. Staff needs to work constantly to clear new daily work as well as backlog. Unsustainable long-term however hopefully progression will come sooner than burn-out.

Always learning and challenging your self. Can choose method of learning that suits you

We had a good Manager. Very understanding when it came to personal matters. And encouraging when it came to E learning etc. Even referee sometimes.She could take a JoKe yet remain very focused and serious.

Pros

Good team meet lots of people. Self worth

Cons

Heavy parcels. Grumpy customers

Definitely Productive place to learn allot

Lots of Learning for better growth in banking IndustryTo deal with difficult person is absolutely the hardest part of that job who doesn't know the Code of Conduct of bankingVery Friendly environmentManagement is so professional and well organised.The best part of the job was the best team i had worked with.

Pros

Everything was Awesome

Cons

Nothing i find

good job

best place I have worked in. People and environment is awesome. I enjoyed the culture. Wasn't too formal but professional. Opportunities for hard workers to progress.

Solutions Assistant

Working at Kiwibank has been my favourite job to date. The team i worked with in both different branches were very friendly, encouraging and supportive. This opportunity gave me such great life experience.

Amazing job

I have been at Kiwibank 16 years, learnt heaps. Love Complaints/Negotiations. However my kids are grown up, no ties here, been on a Cruise Ship. Itchy feet, want to work on one! Wanted to work on ship for many years

Lovely People, Great Company

Really nice supportive place to work, lots of fun and laughs too which makes work a fun place to go each day. Plenty of opportunity to learn more and step into new roles as they are available.

Absolutely loved working for Kiwibank

The company is awesome to work for. They really care about their employees. Lots of employee benefits, and competitions between branches. Lots of support available if needed. Only left the job as I moved to live in Australia.

Productive, Fun, team environment

A typical day at Kiwibank with Lending ops was hectic, but fun. We were a team and worked together to ensure the job was done efficiently and within time frames. I really did and still do love the Kiwibank culture. We have each others back, we empower each other and we work as a team. I was able to grow and take charge of my personal development, setting goals and meeting these within agreed time frames. Rolled out the move from paper base settlements to online based settlements.

Pros

We were a team, Banking benefits, Morning tea shouts, recognition

Cons

I had to travel 3 hours a day

we had table tennis table in our branch

The environment at work was relieved by playing the table tennis during break or times when we were stressed. this helps us to feel relax and than we can focus on our work.

Pros

Free bees

Cons

Focus on work as was related with money all day.

gives work life balance

too much pressure from senior staff. seems too dominating environment but stating that its part of their job and your training. Expectation are too high from staff.

It's like taking a bite of a nice green apple and soon realising there is a lot of rotten areas in it!

I worked for Kiwibank as a contractor for over a year. The organisation has poor workplace culture and work life balance. The workload is very high and the culture has become increasingly combative and aggressive and stressful to work in over the years. Senior managers are always trying to undermine each others positions so they can reach their personal career objectives. Unfortunately I have witnessed a lot of my colleagues being bullied by their managers and employees are increasingly suffering from burn out, it was not a pleasant environment to work in. Basically Kiwibank is no different from any other bank but tries to sell their brand and image as something unique and different, but unfortunately it's internal organisational culture and values could not be further apart from the image they portray. I was not impressed with the executive team at all and would not recommend Kiwibank as an organisation to work for in the long term.

Cons

Poor culture and work life balance

Excellent employer

Wonderful place to work, full of amazing colleagues and office environment. Excellent training available and incentives to perform. Employer gives back to local community.

productive and fun workplace

enjoyed each and every moment of my job. worked for 1 year but it was so quick that i didn't even realize. wonderful company and great culture. every single achievement is celebrated.

Pros

free lunches, great team, staff benefits

Cons

nothing found

Kiwibank is a great place to work. It definitely provide people space to grow and expand their exposure. Culture is nice, people are approachable, always willing to talk and help.

Fun Day

I love Kiwibank I love to help people and I aim to do what is right for the customers ensuring a win win situation for the both business and the people. Workplace culture is very professional and every team member is really helpful and kind.

Great palce to work

Kiwibank has been a great place to work however, the remuneration for the amount of work some staff do is not up to market rate. this is especially clear where staff are given more work to their BAU role.

Fun workplace

Throughout the holidays the programme planner would come up with activities that not only we enjoyed but most importantly the children enjoyed. Great team of 5 led by an awesome supervisor. Learnt alot from the other members - how to cope under pressure.

Great and progressive place to work, good culture

Kiwibank is a young organisation with a great culture that try to make a change in New Zealand approach to Banking. It's not scared of the new way to do things and try new technologies to achieve it, I'm grateful that I'm a part of the team that implements new technologies around the business in here.

Can do attitude in work approach

I worked as part of a Product Team in this role. I worked with very intelligent and personable people. There was a strong variety to the work and a lot of opportunities to lead the delivery of business outcomes. It was also a fun and enjoyable environment.

Pros

Working with high performing and personable people

Not good enough

The banking part is really good and enjoyable the helpdesk team are amazing but with the amount of work i do the pay is no where near enough. It is most definately the lowest out of all the branches for a CSR manager. Its absolutely shocking.

Cons

Heavy lifting ebery night closing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiwibank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Kiwibank