Kiwibank
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kiwibank Pay & Benefits reviews: Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative9 reviews
New Zealand9 reviews
The company is awesome to work for. They really care about their employees. Lots of employee benefits, and competitions between branches. Lots of support available if needed. Only left the job as I moved to live in Australia.
Kiwibank is a great place to enter into the financial sector. A typical day work as a CSR will be fast paced and requires excellent time management skills. You may struggle to grown within the company as internal opportunities are sadly based on "who you know" Jobs at Kiwibank are secure. Sadly this may be due to the high staff turnover. Kiwibank's salary is performance based but does not compete with competitors.
Pros
Job Security.
Cons
No free time to breath, performance based salary with low rewards for high achievers.
My daily work is great, being able to communicate and help people. My job is to answer questions and make their banking experience easier, better and cheaper, providing a tailor made solution for problems. Co-workers are a good mix and good to work with, even if they are younger than I am. Management is management. My direct team leader is a star. Hardest part of the job is providing solutions to angry customers that have to wait 40min plus in the queues because management don't want to help providing more staff to cope with the workload during the night shift. Queues overload, as on average only 7 staff to man the call centre with queues of 80 to over 150 waiting. Most enjoyable part is touching peoples daily life , helping the people making changes to get maximum benefits by saving time, saving money and making banking easy and a pleasure.
Pros
Helping customers being a human and not a computer/robot.
Cons
currently working night shift with almost no chance of changing although promised.