Kiwibank Pay & Benefits reviews

Productive, Fun, team environment
Lending Operations Technical Senior (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington6 May 2019
A typical day at Kiwibank with Lending ops was hectic, but fun. We were a team and worked together to ensure the job was done efficiently and within time frames. I really did and still do love the Kiwibank culture. We have each others back, we empower each other and we work as a team.
I was able to grow and take charge of my personal development, setting goals and meeting these within agreed time frames.
Rolled out the move from paper base settlements to online based settlements.
Pros
We were a team, Banking benefits, Morning tea shouts, recognition
Cons
I had to travel 3 hours a day
productive and fun workplace
Solutions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland19 May 2018
enjoyed each and every moment of my job. worked for 1 year but it was so quick that i didn't even realize. wonderful company and great culture. every single achievement is celebrated.
Pros
free lunches, great team, staff benefits
Cons
nothing found
Great work, life balance
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington20 September 2016
Kiwibank is a great place to enter into the financial sector. A typical day work as a CSR will be fast paced and requires excellent time management skills. You may struggle to grown within the company as internal opportunities are sadly based on "who you know" Jobs at Kiwibank are secure. Sadly this may be due to the high staff turnover. Kiwibank's salary is performance based but does not compete with competitors.
Pros
Job Security.
Cons
No free time to breath, performance based salary with low rewards for high achievers.
Beehive like
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wellington29 January 2015
My daily work is great, being able to communicate and help people. My job is to answer questions and make their banking experience easier, better and cheaper, providing a tailor made solution for problems. Co-workers are a good mix and good to work with, even if they are younger than I am. Management is management. My direct team leader is a star. Hardest part of the job is providing solutions to angry customers that have to wait 40min plus in the queues because management don't want to help providing more staff to cope with the workload during the night shift. Queues overload, as on average only 7 staff to man the call centre with queues of 80 to over 150 waiting. Most enjoyable part is touching peoples daily life , helping the people making changes to get maximum benefits by saving time, saving money and making banking easy and a pleasure.
Pros
Helping customers being a human and not a computer/robot.
Cons
currently working night shift with almost no chance of changing although promised.
Fun work place with career progression
banking and home loan representative (Current Employee) –  Wellington15 September 2013
Awesome place to work, learnt many different skills and career progression was always encouraged and supported.
Pros
free coffee/tea/milo, free fruit tuesdays, excellent staff discounts
Cons
Sometimes long hours