KiwiRail
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
KiwiRail Employee Review

Amazing

7 March 2016
Great people, excellent pay, thorough training, staff backup. overall I would love to go back. Uniforms are even fitted for you
Pros
Meals, sailing to picton and back
11 October 2013
Same role
Interislander Cabin Attendant (Former Employee) - Interislander
Love working with people from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures, I have learnt so much and gained qualifications through Interislander as they give you the opportunity to succeed. You get to meet some of the most amazing people and thats what I love about the job because no two days are the same. I guess the only downside for me was getting seasickness but I over come that by keeping myself busy and also the shift work as I have a young family but its all worth it in the end.. The experience for the customers has to be 100% theres never a wrong customer a customers always right. The work environment is outstanding you get along with everyone even the captain.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Shift Work Hours
12 January 2020
Same location
Ferry Terminal Operator (Former Employee) - Wellington City, Wellington
Would love to work for them again but I'm now in Perth moved here as my second oldest son took his life so was in a dark place the last couple off years but now found balance to
15 January 2018
Same location
Graduate Engineer (Former Employee) - Wellington City, Wellington
The company is vast and diverse on many levels. As a graduate track/civil engineer my day to day tasks consisted working with senior engineers and management staff design and managing the projects which we would then release to the sub contractors or field staff to manage once the package was complete and ready for construction.
Pros
Healthy thinking lifestyle
Cons
rapid change and insifficient set standards