KiwiRail
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

KiwiRail Management reviews

New Zealand18 reviews
Great salary
great management and work colleagues
job safety and career progression

Highly recommend. learnt alot about team management and team culture
I found working for them very rewarding and i was always learning something new all the time.The Management was always easy to approach and talk to you.
Pros
Great bunch of fellow employees and employers to work with
Cons
Early morning starts
The company is vast and diverse on many levels. As a graduate track/civil engineer my day to day tasks consisted working with senior engineers and management staff design and managing the projects which we would then release to the sub contractors or field staff to manage once the package was complete and ready for construction.
Pros
Healthy thinking lifestyle
Cons
rapid change and insifficient set standards
Our environment at work is energetic, friendly and motivated. I was very fortunately to build experience in most of the department of KiwiRail and also trained staff in every business units within KiwiRail.
Everyone is will to assist if you new, the management is very relaxed as long as you do your work in the time you require (8 hours) in flexi hours. We do not only give 8 hour as we happy in our environment and give the company much more.

Everyone in the office works as a team. The hardest part about my job is that we do not have coverage if we off on leave or ill.

Waking up and knowing I am working to achieve one step closer to the deadlines and is happy being there.
Pros
stability, option of working from home, Flexi hours, offer discounts at certain shops, have updated technology to assist no matter were you are in the country.
Cons
no plan in place for coverage if you gone on leave or sick
I Enjoy working in a Job which relevant to my experiences.

Working as a team

Good management

Good Long hours working

Good work place
Pros
Good and free food
Cons
Good wages due to the long working hours
I would describe a typical day at work for me, was reactive. No matter how well planned I was, the first phone call of the day would normally turn my good planning upside down.

The hardest part of the job was no recognition for work well done and as a result no advancement.

The best part of the job, was the Senior and Line Management and staff that I interacted with.
Pros
70% travel discount on trains