Kmart Employee Reviews

Found 103 reviews matching the search See all 19,902 reviews
fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Riccarton, Canterbury29 October 2019
was always busy and always had fun working with the kmart team. I worked as a christmas casual and it was always fast paced and i was paid well as a first time worker there
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Porirua, Wellington2 October 2019
A day at 8203 Porirua does not come without it's challenges. At the end of the day it's not about you but giving the customer a great shopping experience. Team work also
productive and a fun working place
Devanner (Former Employee) –  Manukau, Auckland1 October 2019
working at kmart is a good working place, heaps of different cultures and you get along with the co-workers very well. its a enjoyable place to work full time or part time
Cons
stable hours
Fun Environment
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Henderson7 September 2019
Fun and Active Job Place, full on but always enjoy working.
Some days are different than others but each day brings different things.
I Love Kmart :))
great people to work with
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland9 June 2019
Overall there were great people to work with, but management needed a bit more work. A typical day at work was a busy one but was mainly in the stockroom sorting out loads.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
Unfair hours and mistreated at times
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Papatoetoe, Auckland7 May 2019
Working for Kmart taught me customer service and the importance of multi-tasking. It was my first experience at everything, working at cash tills, customer service, merchandising to knowing the difference between clothing brands to products etc. It was an amazing experience and every day was busy so I did feel under pressure at times but it was good for me. I learnt fast!
Pros
5% discounts
Cons
N/a
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago21 March 2019
Crossing the T's and dotting the I's is what the job is about. Ensuring all Health and safety training is done, training all new staff. Doing all admin work and overseeing stock room
My summary
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, Nelson21 March 2019
I did learn a bit at kmart however training was very sporadic and limited to short amounts of time .I enjoyed learning about stock and different aspects of this..
Pros
%5 discount
Cons
treated like a number
not great
Manager (Current Employee) –  new zealand4 November 2018
Not setup to succeed, conflicting management, rotational shifts that prevent you from achieving your role, everyone has a diff story for the same thing, fairly haphazard place that flys by the seat of its pants and an oily rag
Good mix of people
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Botany, Auckland29 October 2018
Dealing with customers on a daily basis helps you deal with many things for example;
* fear- if you are not used to talking to people.
* communication - how well you communicate to people makes all the difference between making a sale or not.
* open mind - helps to be open minded because no 2 days are the same.
Pros
10% off products purchased there
Cons
Long hours and have to work all public holidays !
Good people working inside work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Papatoetoe, Auckland15 October 2018
I am really willing to learn new things and am comfortable in new surroundings. I have a lot of skills, experience and definitely the ability to work under pressure and also a reliable employee.
Fun but with a workout
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manukau, Auckland9 October 2018
I think I learned how to hone my customer service skills. There was a family vibe at Kmart, and I still keep in touch with some of them after I had resigned. The management was good, but you did not get a 'formal' training of how things worked (besides induction) especially when its close to seasonal periods ie Christmas where we would be swarmed with customers. Some store managers were better than others. The hours despite long were definitely higher than the minimum wage (before April 2018) so you got paid for your efforts. Hours though, dependent on your own relationship with management.
Pros
Good Hours, Acceptable Starting Wage
Cons
Needs more training of new staff members
Fun Family Oriented Work place
Retail Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland27 September 2018
I learnt a lot from Kmart. Being on the shop floor did help me a lot with my confidence and how I saw my self. The culture is very family friendly and you have many girls and boys working with their parents. When something goes wrong you can guarantee that the Kmart family can help you out.
Pros
Get a workout being on the shop floor
Cons
Really Long Hours
Customers Servce
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland18 September 2018
I learned kind of Products and how to place it on the shelves.How to work on Teel and know how to calm the customers down when theyre angry about the products that they are gonna buy it
Good
I have learned many great lessons while being at Kmart that I will pass onto future jobs and future life decisions. I found it enjoyable most of the time being.
stepping stone, great, divers, growth, experience, opportunity
Customer service represtative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, botany22 July 2018
Kmart was an amazing stepping stone for me in terms of experience in the customer service industry. It provided great growth for me as a person as well as in the company. Team members there give others great drive to do better every day and also make you feel like you're part of the family.
customer service (Current Employee) –  Porirua, Wellington21 June 2018
Kmart has mostly been a fantastic place to work for the two years I've been there. Some of the managers can be difficult to work with, however there are far more positives to working at Kmart than negatives. The pay is amazing for a retail job and they give regular pay rises. Theres a huge variety of things to do at Kmart as well and it's very likely that you'll be trained to do a multitude of different tasks while you work there.
Pros
Good pay
What i learned
Papatoetoe- Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Papatoetoe, Auckland5 June 2018
Pros
Discounts on clothes
Cons
N/a
Great, fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Petone, Wellington11 May 2018
I love working in retail. I’ve met so many new people and I love helping customers when they need assistance. I love meeting new people and talking in front of a crowd.
Wokring at Kmart
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Te Rapa, Waikato1 May 2018
Its a good experience as i have never worked in retail before also a good feeling helping customers find what they are looking for and if our store does not have the item then we will ring other Kmart's to see if they have the item.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lots of cleaning