Kmart logo
Kmart
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kmart Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Showing all 21,085 reviews

Stressful

kind of bad management, strange culture, I don't know what else to write but I need to write 150 words minimum for some reason, I don't recommend working at Kmart

easy job, toxic work environment

The job is pretty easy, but would only recommend working here for people looking to gain some work experience (starter job) or additional income. Your paycheck WILL NOT be enough to live off of.The people working in the office under the HR Manager are extremely unprofessional. They can be very gossipy and rude, which makes some people uncomfortable going to them for help. You will meet some great people here, but the store in general can be full of drama and gossip. My suggestion would be to just do your job and go home.

Fun place

Fun place to work for when it was still open. I was a receiving lead there back in 2016/2017 until they went out of business. Nice workers and the pay was decent.

Easy job you do whatever you want as long as you finish your tasks

Closing is easy. Managers let you do what you want as long as you leave your department clean at the end of the night. Pay stinks. Might be out of business by now.

Sucks

Poor everything and terrible smells. Very pathetic, never again will I work for Kmart. Management does very dirty things to each other in the back room.

It's a job and it's pretty easy

Days mostly consisted of floating around doing any odd jobs that needed doing. Stocking and maintaining shelves, helping customers, and handling transactions at the register.

Nothing really stands out.

Nothing really stands out about working at Kmart. Its a regular retail environment. I did like that cashiers had the ability to perform more tasks without manager approval which kept things sped up at the register instead of having to call for a manager to approve returns or canceling items etc.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Terrible manager

Managers were horrible

Horrible place to work, I dud not get no respect other people got promoted that came in after me no one shows you how to do anything they just expect you to learn it on your own I would not recommend this place to my dog

Pros

Cons

No one cares

Productive workplace

Kmart had some ups and downs. Just like anything in life. For the most part it was a good job. Management was a little hard on us. Management is not supposed to be your friend.

Pros

Friendship

Cons

Rude comment

loved my job

love my job- worked every single job in the store loved the regular customers that always came in even if it was just to say hi.learned alot in the 39 years i worked there.

Pros

great people

Cons

poor corp. management

Jobs at Kmart

See more jobs

Not a good place to work

You get treated very poorly by managers including store managers, they will never have you back when at work, you get store managers hands in your face as a sign to say shut up and go away. Definitely do not recommend working for Kmart Broadmeadows.

Pros

Nothings

Fun company

Was a fun company to work for, loved coming in to work, even as a cashier (haha), was sometimes hard (not to kill customers! HA!) but overall great company. Too bad most kmarts are now closed (my store closed up in 2018)

Best place i have every worked

The store o worked at was more of a family then co-workers. Yes the job was stressful at times but it was worth it. I never would have left if the store hadnt closed. It was nice to have a job that saw you as a person and not just someone that worked there.

Pros

They cared.

Cons

Rude customers, return policy was tough

Simple but always productive

Overall this company is okay for a beginner not much place for development or to move up within the company. Management played favoritism which affect others schedules.

Cons

Short breaks low wage

Good first job

Diverse workplace with little change in the day to day routine. So if you’re looking for something exciting, this isn’t necessarily the place for you.

Pros

Paid cash weekly

Cons

Drab working environment

Bah

Not enough hours not good pay. Short shifts. Better look other places they may pay Better and teeat you with more respect and more money. Will nevwr go back

Pros

Was a good place to work.

Was a good first job. I liked it. I enjoyed stocking the shelves. It was fun. Lots of customers. Lots of good merchandise. Great experience. Would work there again.

Once great company fading

A variety of tasks involved so, not boring. As company sales declined it reduced number of stores. Store level payroll reduced, fewer workers. Management required to do additional tasks rather than delegate to workers. Had a good team culture.

Pros

Like any job, work hard, get rewarded.

Cons

Upper management more focused on business metrics than building customer relations.

Kmart was a great job

The bad thing was they’re wasn’t paid good, and the medical and dental was bad too . Plus they’re was preference with some employees. I was love that’s job but not the managers or some Co-worker.

Pros

Yes all the time there giving good lunch and breakfast

Cons

Short break, the lead doesn’t do anything.

Ok job but dead end

Kmart was a great job as a teen but was a dead end. There was nowhere to be promoted to and staffing was continually cut. You couldn't rely on the hours.

Don't waste your time

Lots of micromanaging and intimidation by managers towards the bottom line . There is a few days of onboarding training. But, once you start there really isn't any floor training . So, you have to figure it out as you go.

Pros

Cons

Short breaks, forced to stay late even after shift ended
  • Kmart