Kmart
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kmart Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

I learned kind of Products and how to place it on the shelves.How to work on Teel and know how to calm the customers down when theyre angry about the products that they are gonna buy it
This was probably one of my favorite jobs I have worked. Everyone was welcoming, Easy to get along with, Taught you how to do the rights, Had so much laughter in the workplace. People there were just so nice. Less thing I didn't like was the rates. Every scan on a box was 22 cents a carton, So you'd have to scan 600 cartons a day for a week to get an overall good pay. It was not easy being able to do that. They ain't just small cartons you scan, there are also heavy ones too.
Pros
Shared lunch
Cons
I am one heck of a huge fan of Kmart i would recommend any of the Kmart stores across NZ to everyone. Kmart a full of friendly employers/employees and floor management is a huge bonus to all customers.
Great job, good group of people and distrubution. Would definitely go back if moved back to NZ FOR.............................................................
I liked to work in Kmart but lack of time schedules i cannot manage the shifts i got. I was studying on that time so i could not manage timings. I learnt plenty of new things.
Pros
Good team workers
Cons
typical day at work is long having to chop & change rosters everyday nights are way harder because your having to sort merchandise plus apparel and have your area your allocated too clean tidy & sorted from sizes to there right department before it hits 12am which is harder because there are still people shopping as the shop is still open till 12am. co workers are awesome great people to be around and have a bright sense of humor as well as a strict comfort zone when we have to do work. i would recommend working at kmart again if the opportunity was available but its very hard to get in when a lot of people are applying. different managers for every shift during day night & graveyard shift.
Pros
20% discount / coffee etc help yourself
Cons
long hours sore feet
delgation - organise team compliance cash control floor management happy team is a productive team Working alongside other line managers filling,presentating store. Helping drive sales and lowering shrink in store.
Pros
great team with great team work ethic and ugrs. Managment bonuses
Cons
travel to and - from work
Kmart Manukau was a amazing place to and I was so honoured working with such an amazing team. Being a sales assistant at kmart manukau taught me a lot about how to deal with customers on a daily basis.
Pros
All types of different ethnicities
Cons
Kmart is a great place to work at. the workers are friendly and the management staff are really supportive.Like any retail job every day was a new learning experience.
Pros
good work atmosphere
I enjoy working as a team but can also work alone and unsupervised which I done a lot. Management was excellent which made my time here a lot easier. I gained a lot of experience working in this field and would gladly return to this type of position. I do not as yet hold a Australian certified forklift license but will strive to achieve this in the near future.
I learnt to be patient and to work in a team. I enjoyed meeting new team members and learning new things. The hardest part of the job for me was finding resolutions for concerns that customers had. The most enjoyable part working for Kmart was to meet new people and help people with their shopping experience.
Pros
half priced clothes
Cons
not being able to help a customer
I worked during last year Christmas time and came across a lot of different queries from the customers, I was able to help them out without any disturbance to my routine duties, experienced a few typical days despite of my short duration with Kmart. I learnt some new management, customer dealing and interaction skills. I like and prefer working at Kmart because the working environment is very welcoming and flexible. The co-workers are always supporting and keen to help you in need. For me, the most enjoyable part of job was stocking up the shelves, making the shop full, neat and tidy. I loved the feeling of proudness when a customer was happy and satisfied. But at the same time when I couldn't find a product in the store requested by the customer which is advertised in the catalogue was the hardest part of the job for me.
Pros
Cooperative, good working environment, and great number of customers to keep staff busy.
Cons
Sometime staff not turning up, seen some deficiencies with allocation of jobs to part timers, found sometime the shop shelves are not filled up.
at first i thought it would be hard but once your in to it your good to go. ive learnt to be more organised and paitent also getting interact with customers which is really good ive also learnt to be more confident with my self and with others around me. ive made great friends and also families with my co -workers so kind and humble. the hardest part of the job would be when its busy kind of get some pressure going through your head for a while but either than that you get use to it. the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people with smiles on their faces when leaving the store.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Mother's Day was a enjoyable and learning day for me while working in K-Mart. Store was full with customers and staff members were totally busy to helping. i get boost up when i saw my manager managing all the staff and customers systematically. i was doing my part of job but she had been versatile in every area. She came to me and showed me a better ideas to get job done faster and systematically in busy time. even I enjoyed a lot to help customers for finding their right products etc. All team members had good coordination and positive working atmosphere. it helped me to improve my customer service skills, have positive attitude, be quick, team work skills, managing work and helping customers and staff, and it was the enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
good salary, staff discount
Cons
no growth, less shifts
Fun Environment serving customers, and making new friends with in the working grounds of staff members
Pros
Free Luches
Cons
Not enough hours
i loved working at Kmart it was awesome,getting to help customers find what they came in looking for and asking how their day was because in the end its all about the customers in keeping them happy.
Pros
everyone got along like a family
Cons
how people didnt take their break times as they were told they would take longer than they should
Most days were spent in the stores supporting the Programmes and mentoring the team, Guiding the Management team to achieve excellence in audits both H&S and Asset protection, Mondays were meeting day with the regional team, plans for the week any overseas trips or visits to isolated stores (out of Auckland) Learned about the dynamics of different teams and the ways that message's and training had to be delivered at different levels, the most difficult function was the investigation and disciplinary leading to dismissal, the function was no issue, its just the final act of dismissal, and the thought that if this person had just stopped and thought about what they were doing!! I enjoyed seeing the stores that were not performing start to climb back into the Black after putting in place some of the processes of ideas that I had offered and supported with the team.
Pros
Travel around the country and overseas
Cons
Some of the Micro management Tecniques
In my time of working here at kmart botany i have learnt and gained alot of new skills. my number one having to be Customer Service, i enjoyed meeting new people and assisting to their needs everyday. being helpful aswell as managing to get your tasks done was my duties at work. i learnt how to stock shelves, speak to people in a pleasant way and also how to do inbound and outbound calling throughout the kmart Auckland stores. The most enjoyable part of this job is that kmart has so many people working at one shift that i have met and made alot of long life time friends there wasnt a time where i came across any misunderstanding because i learnt to be confident and ask if there was something i didnt know how to do.
Pros
discounts
Cons
midnight shifts/ closing up the store
A typical day would be nothing interesting. I learned several different departments before i resigned. Management wasn't the greatest. Hardest part was getting assistance from management. Most enjoyable part of the job was the staff they brought a good vibe to the establishment.
Pros
Discounts off product purchases
Cons
Discount wasn't anything worth getting
  1. Auckland City, Auckland