Kmart
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kmart Employee Reviews in Manukau City, Auckland

I think I learned how to hone my customer service skills. There was a family vibe at Kmart, and I still keep in touch with some of them after I had resigned. The management was good, but you did not get a 'formal' training of how things worked (besides induction) especially when its close to seasonal periods ie Christmas where we would be swarmed with customers. Some store managers were better than others. The hours despite long were definitely higher than the minimum wage (before April 2018) so you got paid for your efforts. Hours though, dependent on your own relationship with management.
Pros
Good Hours, Acceptable Starting Wage
Cons
Needs more training of new staff members
Working at K-Mart is physically demanding job but that hardly becomes a problem because the working environment is fun and the employees are welcoming and friendly. I would highly recommend anyone who was interested in working at K-Mart to work there as every aspect of the job is both enjoyable and rewarding.
Pros
The people who work there with you
Cons
This is a great place to start for anyone who is willing to be in the retail business. Great Family environment with a lot of smart people who care about your future and the world in general. Would recommend this job to anyone in the retail business.
working at kmart is a good working place, heaps of different cultures and you get along with the co-workers very well. its a enjoyable place to work full time or part time
Cons
stable hours
I learnt a lot from Kmart. Being on the shop floor did help me a lot with my confidence and how I saw my self. The culture is very family friendly and you have many girls and boys working with their parents. When something goes wrong you can guarantee that the Kmart family can help you out.
Pros
Get a workout being on the shop floor
Cons
Really Long Hours
approachable bosses very strict in health and safety very busy every day have to come on time in the work place and be active be smart to fill in the pallet in the right position of each boxes...I learned to think before you lift.
Pros
good hours for break times
Cons
strict
Days at work on average was good. I learnt how to deal with angry customers and also sharpen up on my customer service skills Management was good at times Hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday
Kmart is a good place to work at fun and love helping people get to meet new people everyday it's also a very busy place but it's good cos you don't get bored
Manual machine daily checks, Loads set ups for Loading on to truck and trailer, Product putaways, Stock location replenishments, Sheets Order Picking.
Pros
BBQ every month
Cons
can't work over 40hrs
Safety is paramount at KMART also productivity. pay is great as a fulltime staff. benefits are also good. As a temp you are expected to fulfill your obligations in all aspects of a warehouse temp
I really enjoy to work in kmart Warehouse and i really get lots of information about the products which comes from another country, the most important thing that i notice the workers are really helpful while i do the job
Pros
free Milk
Cons
Basic Pay Rate
Well when I was working for kmart there wasn't very much control for the night shift workers there was no communication or team work only when pallets were stacked messy
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No team work
Working with Kmart helps you gain all the skills and quality that you need to return back to the workforce. A lovely team to work with and understanding when you are going through hardship it like a family orientated company.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Most of the jobs that I worked with are customer service. I have learnt so many areas. Serve and provide high quality performance to the customers so they come and visits the stores at anytime.
Pros
good management
Cons
not enough hours
self motivated target driven enegetic team player passionate about achievements reliable adaptive full time. part time worker creative hardworking understanding trustworthy
Pros
breaks....uniforms
Cons
How to do RF scanning,lifting,Health and safety how important Safety is to Kmart.Enjoyed working with the team and enjoyed everything about the job.
A typical day at work for me was very busy depending on the work load as I was one of the fastest and senior pickers. I learnt that in a factory there are alot of workers that come and go as they cannot handle the change of hours. I got along very well with my coworkers and alot of them I call family now. the hardest part of my job was training all the new people but it was also the most enjoyable to because I got to know them alot also.
Pros
amazing people to work with
Cons
I make sure that the shelves are clean and full, so our customers have a choice of all of our range. I hold daily meetings with my colleagues to huddle out our figures. I also deal with any customer issues.
I had fun helping the customer's and putting out new stock. There wasnt anything I didnt like about working at Kmart. While i was working at Kmart there wasn't anything that was hard for me because i learnt pretty quickly, the only thing i would of liked to learn was being a cashier and how to do the layby stuff. The co-workers at Kmart are really nice awesome people always helped me if i needed the help.
Working at kmart manukau was actually hard work, when you find a customer complain about me. This was my first job actually found it a lot of fun. It took me a while to balance my life out. my co-workers were very nice,the most enjoyable part was that get to serve customers, seeing new faces everyday.
Pros
overshifts
Cons
they dont call me in
  1. Manukau City, Auckland