Kmart
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kmart Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

was always busy and always had fun working with the kmart team. I worked as a christmas casual and it was always fast paced and i was paid well as a first time worker there
Great place to work. Absolutely loved it there. Pay is fair, good management team (depends on store) HR team is awesome. Staff are all friendly too. No complaints
Pros
Pay, makes you lose weight, team lunches/dinners all paid for every now and then
Cons
Staff discount is only 5%
Kmart was an amazing stepping stone for me in terms of experience in the customer service industry. It provided great growth for me as a person as well as in the company. Team members there give others great drive to do better every day and also make you feel like you're part of the family.
Kmart has mostly been a fantastic place to work for the two years I've been there. Some of the managers can be difficult to work with, however there are far more positives to working at Kmart than negatives. The pay is amazing for a retail job and they give regular pay rises. Theres a huge variety of things to do at Kmart as well and it's very likely that you'll be trained to do a multitude of different tasks while you work there.
Pros
Good pay
Like any company, The longer you stay the more you learn. Sometimes its good, other times not. I have learnt a lot working with a great bunch of people.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
little bit stressful at times.
Staff were always welcoming and had a good sense of humour! Hours were long but always went by pretty quick. Management were always so understanding! I was going through a rough time and management were always there to listen if I needed to talk which I felt was really important and helpful.
Pros
Discounts on clothes
Cons
Some staff didn't pull their weight as much as others
A typical day at work would be fun, because there is always something to do, which keeps you moving. I learnt a lot of things while working, I learnt about different customers and how to deal with them in the best way possible. The management was awesome, always checking up on team members and being apart of the team, some team leaders were not of what I would call a leader. The workplace culture was awesome, and unique. Everyone fit in which was good. There weren't any hard parts of the job but some moments when customers are extremely angry that there is nothing you can do but ask them to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job were your team members, they are fun and it is happy to be around them. I mostly enjoyed talking to customers.
Most of the jobs that I worked with are customer service. I have learnt so many areas. Serve and provide high quality performance to the customers so they come and visits the stores at anytime.
Pros
good management
Cons
not enough hours
I worked within the apparel section at the centre place Kmart, I enjoyed learning something different to what I was used to with previous employment. The staff were very helpful and I made friends here too.
Replenishment of stock on a daily basis. Customer Service Desk. Customer Assistant. Variety of ages of Staff Members. CUSTOMERS ARE #1 FOCUS
Pros
Regular Staff Shouts for team Work
Working at and helping set up Kmart Te Rapa was an amazing experience. I learnt how to do end of day banking, refunds, returns, sales, up selling. My co workers were amazing, they made it fun to go to work. Management was OK, there were a few mistakes made on the roster side of things. The hardest part of working at Kmart in Te Rapa was the travel. At that time I was living in Cambridge and the travel in peak hour traffic was horrible. The thing I most Enjoyed about my job at Kmart was seeing the customer walk out with a smile on their faces and knowing that you made their day that much better.
worked in apparelle. dealt with customer inquiries. face to face customer service.
Fun Environment serving customers, and making new friends with in the working grounds of staff members
Pros
Free Luches
Cons
Not enough hours
In my time of working here at kmart botany i have learnt and gained alot of new skills. my number one having to be Customer Service, i enjoyed meeting new people and assisting to their needs everyday. being helpful aswell as managing to get your tasks done was my duties at work. i learnt how to stock shelves, speak to people in a pleasant way and also how to do inbound and outbound calling throughout the kmart Auckland stores. The most enjoyable part of this job is that kmart has so many people working at one shift that i have met and made alot of long life time friends there wasnt a time where i came across any misunderstanding because i learnt to be confident and ask if there was something i didnt know how to do.
Pros
discounts
Cons
midnight shifts/ closing up the store
good set hours health and safety is very important dealing with angry customers helping people
A typical day would be nothing interesting. I learned several different departments before i resigned. Management wasn't the greatest. Hardest part was getting assistance from management. Most enjoyable part of the job was the staff they brought a good vibe to the establishment.
Pros
Discounts off product purchases
Cons
Discount wasn't anything worth getting
I absolutley loved working at kmart as i had a wide variety of jobs to do and i enjoy working in a team and learning new things.
Pros
great team and lots to do
Cons
not enough hours
  1. Customer Service Representative