Kmart
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kmart Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

kind of bad management, strange culture, I don't know what else to write but I need to write 150 words minimum for some reason, I don't recommend working at Kmart
This is a great place to start for anyone who is willing to be in the retail business. Great Family environment with a lot of smart people who care about your future and the world in general. Would recommend this job to anyone in the retail business.
They have nice friendly staff, they are good with customer, I would like to see more hours there. I do trolley and help out any area they need me in. I only work on Saturdays.
loved working there had an amazing team, my typical day working there was out the back unpacking all the boxes and sorting it into the right places so they could be taken out to the floor the next day
I learnt a lot from Kmart. Being on the shop floor did help me a lot with my confidence and how I saw my self. The culture is very family friendly and you have many girls and boys working with their parents. When something goes wrong you can guarantee that the Kmart family can help you out.
Pros
Get a workout being on the shop floor
Cons
Really Long Hours
Was an awesome Ora and surroundings. Good positive vibes and happy outgoing natured people.I loves every bit of working here. I gained a lot of confidence n communication skills also meet a lot of people and made a bit of friends I would refer others to work in this industry.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
i have enjoyed my time at Kmart Terapa, have made some life long friends, the management is very understanding to family commitments, i have learnt to adapt to change, every day is different. retail is a high pressured job, Christmas time is crazy! ,
Pros
awesome team environment
Cons
long periods of being on your feet.
Always about team work and building each other up in this work place. There is a positive energy and the company really take care of their staff. the management definitely are very understanding in all circumstances and also keep you on your toes. I always leave this workplace feeling better of than when i walked in.
Pros
spontaneous lunch shouts, lovely staff, always something to do.
Cons
midnight shifts, sometimes can be very tiring on busy days/ holidays.
Working with Kmart helps you gain all the skills and quality that you need to return back to the workforce. A lovely team to work with and understanding when you are going through hardship it like a family orientated company.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
A typical day or in my situation was afternoon to midnight shift, would start with a meeting, then we would all get sent to different departments of the store to carry out whatever tasks were required , the environment was exciting,fast paced as it was christmas season and was very busy , and i learnt so much working there and had awesome amazing friends aswell.
Pros
bonus pool
job was okay. However I didn't really enjoy it due to the fact that management staff wasn't so fair on the assistant members with hours and pay etc. Therefore being in an environment where there is a lack of support and inequality among the workers would negatively impact my day and attitude to work at my best.
Pros
pay
Cons
typical day at work is long having to chop & change rosters everyday nights are way harder because your having to sort merchandise plus apparel and have your area your allocated too clean tidy & sorted from sizes to there right department before it hits 12am which is harder because there are still people shopping as the shop is still open till 12am. co workers are awesome great people to be around and have a bright sense of humor as well as a strict comfort zone when we have to do work. i would recommend working at kmart again if the opportunity was available but its very hard to get in when a lot of people are applying. different managers for every shift during day night & graveyard shift.
Pros
20% discount / coffee etc help yourself
Cons
long hours sore feet
Kmart Manukau was a amazing place to and I was so honoured working with such an amazing team. Being a sales assistant at kmart manukau taught me a lot about how to deal with customers on a daily basis.
Pros
All types of different ethnicities
Cons
Was working 35 hours a week learned a lot checkouts/self-service etc. Co workers management fantastic. Hardest part was dealing with a few nasty customers but loved and miss seeing all the regular faces
Pros
Bonuses staff lunches
Cons
nasty customers
Kmart is a great place to work at. the workers are friendly and the management staff are really supportive.Like any retail job every day was a new learning experience.
Pros
good work atmosphere
* Motivational * Team Work * Great Customer Service * Great Ethnic Background Kmart is a Great Industry to get you started in the retail Industry it helps you grow into a great individual within the work force. Meeting different people also gives you the confidence to challenge yourself at anything and everything.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Long Hours
I worked during last year Christmas time and came across a lot of different queries from the customers, I was able to help them out without any disturbance to my routine duties, experienced a few typical days despite of my short duration with Kmart. I learnt some new management, customer dealing and interaction skills. I like and prefer working at Kmart because the working environment is very welcoming and flexible. The co-workers are always supporting and keen to help you in need. For me, the most enjoyable part of job was stocking up the shelves, making the shop full, neat and tidy. I loved the feeling of proudness when a customer was happy and satisfied. But at the same time when I couldn't find a product in the store requested by the customer which is advertised in the catalogue was the hardest part of the job for me.
Pros
Cooperative, good working environment, and great number of customers to keep staff busy.
Cons
Sometime staff not turning up, seen some deficiencies with allocation of jobs to part timers, found sometime the shop shelves are not filled up.
I had fun helping the customer's and putting out new stock. There wasnt anything I didnt like about working at Kmart. While i was working at Kmart there wasn't anything that was hard for me because i learnt pretty quickly, the only thing i would of liked to learn was being a cashier and how to do the layby stuff. The co-workers at Kmart are really nice awesome people always helped me if i needed the help.
  1. Retail Sales Associate