Kmart logo
Kmart
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kmart Culture reviews

Clear
Work–Life Balance

Found 38 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,045 reviews

Stressful

kind of bad management, strange culture, I don't know what else to write but I need to write 150 words minimum for some reason, I don't recommend working at Kmart

Fast paced, physical, great team, great HR

Great place to work. Absolutely loved it there. Pay is fair, good management team (depends on store) HR team is awesome. Staff are all friendly too. No complaints

Pros

Pay, makes you lose weight, team lunches/dinners all paid for every now and then

Cons

Staff discount is only 5%

Fast paced

I worked at Kmart over the Christmas period so it was really busy with customers left right and centre. I enjoyed this as I love to keep busy and help people so at the time Kmart was the right place for me as I got to meet a lot of people and help others as well which is what I do.

The Best Experience

This is a great place to start for anyone who is willing to be in the retail business. Great Family environment with a lot of smart people who care about your future and the world in general. Would recommend this job to anyone in the retail business.

Kmart assistant

I loved working at kmart it was a great store to work at and a great company. The only down fall is that they were always understaffed on nightshift. Everyone that's works there were great people who were always there for me. They were like my family.

productive and a fun working place

working at kmart is a good working place, heaps of different cultures and you get along with the co-workers very well. its a enjoyable place to work full time or part time

Cons

stable hours

Fun Family Oriented Work place

I learnt a lot from Kmart. Being on the shop floor did help me a lot with my confidence and how I saw my self. The culture is very family friendly and you have many girls and boys working with their parents. When something goes wrong you can guarantee that the Kmart family can help you out.

Pros

Get a workout being on the shop floor

Cons

Really Long Hours

Great, fun place to work

I love working in retail. I’ve met so many new people and I love helping customers when they need assistance. I love meeting new people and talking in front of a crowd.

Very fun workplace

Days at work on average was good. I learnt how to deal with angry customers and also sharpen up on my customer service skills Management was good at times Hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday

Fun work place to work at

Kmart is a good place to work at fun and love helping people get to meet new people everyday it's also a very busy place but it's good cos you don't get bored

Jobs at Kmart

See more jobs

fun and enjoyable work place.

at work its was really enjoyable, like the staff are so friendly and so nice and we get along really good and also i haven't even had a problem while working there, the reason why i had to resign from that work its because i was still at school and i had to only take part time job and came to a point where my parents just want me to start focusing on my education since its my last year, so they want me to resign and focus on my last year of study in high school, but since that is over now i miss working with the company. The most enjoyable part of the job, is having to help most of the costumers that need our help within our work place its really satisfying and really good. The hardest part is stressing out in front of the cashier when there is just so much costumers, even though its really fun sometimes but there are some costumers who are just really difficult to explain to them our policy. anyways it was really fun and enjoyable.

Pros

lots of costumers

Fun and Enjoyable

The hardest part could be dealing with the customers but the most enjoyable part is getting to know other people and helping out customers showing them around.

Pros

Break within working hours

Cons

Long Hours

Good

Great job, good group of people and distrubution. Would definitely go back if moved back to NZ FOR.............................................................

Working in a fun environments

When i was working at K-Mark there was a lot of skills that i have gained, though doing work experience. i have learnt to work as team, help your team out if they are having problems, giving direction to the customers if they cant find the items that they are looking for and providing customers wonderful service. Different culture, there are a few times where me and the person that i was working with didn't really get along well but what i have learnt is to respect different culture the way you would want to be treated by respecting there culture and religion. The work environment, i love it because i had a chance to work with such a awesome people.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Long Hours

Great pairs

Over all, I love the Kmart staff because they are willing to listen to what you have to say about the particular job. I loved the job that i was doing. I wouldn't mind doing the same job but refuse to go through an agency.

Pros

great work environment

Cons

the AGENCYS that you have to applie through to get the job.

Good Place to Work

Decanting is part of the process which I learnt to be a team player within my work force. Managed how to multi task when overwhelmed with loads of goods coming in and out of store. Enjoyed the Culture and the kind people around me, which keeps me safe within this work force environment. The hardest part of the Job was to deal with staff issues example like the loss of goods in the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people new faces and happy personnel around me.

Fun atmosphere

A typical day at work would be fun, because there is always something to do, which keeps you moving. I learnt a lot of things while working, I learnt about different customers and how to deal with them in the best way possible. The management was awesome, always checking up on team members and being apart of the team, some team leaders were not of what I would call a leader. The workplace culture was awesome, and unique. Everyone fit in which was good. There weren't any hard parts of the job but some moments when customers are extremely angry that there is nothing you can do but ask them to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job were your team members, they are fun and it is happy to be around them. I mostly enjoyed talking to customers.

Fun

I worked within the apparel section at the centre place Kmart, I enjoyed learning something different to what I was used to with previous employment. The staff were very helpful and I made friends here too.

Productive and safe workplace

This is a great place to work if you are new the workforce and it has some great safety procedures around the areas of work. The management are very organised and voiceful.

happy productive team - great customer service = increased sales

delgation - organise team compliance cash control floor management happy team is a productive team Working alongside other line managers filling,presentating store. Helping drive sales and lowering shrink in store.

Pros

great team with great team work ethic and ugrs. Managment bonuses

Cons

travel to and - from work

Fun workplace

A typical day at work for me was very busy depending on the work load as I was one of the fastest and senior pickers. I learnt that in a factory there are alot of workers that come and go as they cannot handle the change of hours. I got along very well with my coworkers and alot of them I call family now. the hardest part of my job was training all the new people but it was also the most enjoyable to because I got to know them alot also.

Pros

amazing people to work with