Kmart
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kmart Job Security & Advancement reviews

I have learned many great lessons while being at Kmart that I will pass onto future jobs and future life decisions. I found it enjoyable most of the time being.
I did learn a bit at kmart however training was very sporadic and limited to short amounts of time .I enjoyed learning about stock and different aspects of this..
Pros
%5 discount
Cons
treated like a number
I am really willing to learn new things and am comfortable in new surroundings. I have a lot of skills, experience and definitely the ability to work under pressure and also a reliable employee.
Kmart was an amazing stepping stone for me in terms of experience in the customer service industry. It provided great growth for me as a person as well as in the company. Team members there give others great drive to do better every day and also make you feel like you're part of the family.
Your average warehouse distribution job with the expected pay and benefits.The highlight of the job was working with new people every few weeks but new people do not usually last very long before they get fired or find better employment.
Great job, good group of people and distrubution. Would definitely go back if moved back to NZ FOR.............................................................
i did a variety of jobs at Kmart and so a typical day would be having a team huddle before every shift we would do stretches and be told what we are doing for our shift. I learnt a lot at Kmart but the most helpful skill I learnt was how to communicate with the customers. I enjoyed the company of all the kmart co-workers.
I enjoy working as a team but can also work alone and unsupervised which I done a lot. Management was excellent which made my time here a lot easier. I gained a lot of experience working in this field and would gladly return to this type of position. I do not as yet hold a Australian certified forklift license but will strive to achieve this in the near future.
* Motivational * Team Work * Great Customer Service * Great Ethnic Background Kmart is a Great Industry to get you started in the retail Industry it helps you grow into a great individual within the work force. Meeting different people also gives you the confidence to challenge yourself at anything and everything.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Long Hours
I worked as an loading bay/inwards goods person for 3 years at KMart Botany. After working alone for 1year at the loading bay/inwards goods, I was approached by management asked to be instore payroll clerk. I had previous administration experience and took the offer with arms opened wide. Working in office brought me closer to the other work colleague's was able to have a conversation with those whom didn't know I have worked at the loading bay. I built up a good rapport with management and with also the buyers of the company. I always offered my services to work on the shop floor, as was willing to help out anywhere needed. I also worked as a cashier/checkout operator during the busy times, I did manage to finish my own work load by the end of the business day.
Pros
Working with a great bunch of people
Cons
No cons
At Kmart I learnt how to work on a cashier, and what it is like to deal with customers at the counter. I got to experience having to deal with difficult customers as well as pleasant customers.
Pros
It gave me good work experience that I can take with me to other jobs.
Cons
Not having a range of different things to do in the store.