Kmart logo
Kmart
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kmart Management reviews

Clear
Work–Life Balance

Found 29 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,046 reviews

Stressful

kind of bad management, strange culture, I don't know what else to write but I need to write 150 words minimum for some reason, I don't recommend working at Kmart

Fast paced, physical, great team, great HR

Great place to work. Absolutely loved it there. Pay is fair, good management team (depends on store) HR team is awesome. Staff are all friendly too. No complaints

Pros

Pay, makes you lose weight, team lunches/dinners all paid for every now and then

Cons

Staff discount is only 5%

great people to work with

Overall there were great people to work with, but management needed a bit more work. A typical day at work was a busy one but was mainly in the stockroom sorting out loads.

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

Unfair hours and mistreated at times

not great

Not setup to succeed, conflicting management, rotational shifts that prevent you from achieving your role, everyone has a diff story for the same thing, fairly haphazard place that flys by the seat of its pants and an oily rag

Fun but with a workout

I think I learned how to hone my customer service skills. There was a family vibe at Kmart, and I still keep in touch with some of them after I had resigned. The management was good, but you did not get a 'formal' training of how things worked (besides induction) especially when its close to seasonal periods ie Christmas where we would be swarmed with customers. Some store managers were better than others. The hours despite long were definitely higher than the minimum wage (before April 2018) so you got paid for your efforts. Hours though, dependent on your own relationship with management.

Pros

Good Hours, Acceptable Starting Wage

Cons

Needs more training of new staff members

Very fun workplace

Days at work on average was good. I learnt how to deal with angry customers and also sharpen up on my customer service skills Management was good at times Hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday

Busy fast pace place to work

i have enjoyed my time at Kmart Terapa, have made some life long friends, the management is very understanding to family commitments, i have learnt to adapt to change, every day is different. retail is a high pressured job, Christmas time is crazy! ,

Pros

awesome team environment

Cons

long periods of being on your feet.

Friendly and well managed

I am one heck of a huge fan of Kmart i would recommend any of the Kmart stores across NZ to everyone. Kmart a full of friendly employers/employees and floor management is a huge bonus to all customers.

Variety of duties. Got on well with other staff. Busy at times. Good selection of clothing. Great management and supervisors. My supervisor was great.

Pros

Big staff room and locker room

lively, productive and fun

Always about team work and building each other up in this work place. There is a positive energy and the company really take care of their staff. the management definitely are very understanding in all circumstances and also keep you on your toes. I always leave this workplace feeling better of than when i walked in.

Pros

spontaneous lunch shouts, lovely staff, always something to do.

Cons

midnight shifts, sometimes can be very tiring on busy days/ holidays.

Jobs at Kmart

See more jobs

Fun and friendly workplace!

Staff were always welcoming and had a good sense of humour! Hours were long but always went by pretty quick. Management were always so understanding! I was going through a rough time and management were always there to listen if I needed to talk which I felt was really important and helpful.

Pros

Discounts on clothes

Cons

Some staff didn't pull their weight as much as others

Fun atmosphere

A typical day at work would be fun, because there is always something to do, which keeps you moving. I learnt a lot of things while working, I learnt about different customers and how to deal with them in the best way possible. The management was awesome, always checking up on team members and being apart of the team, some team leaders were not of what I would call a leader. The workplace culture was awesome, and unique. Everyone fit in which was good. There weren't any hard parts of the job but some moments when customers are extremely angry that there is nothing you can do but ask them to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job were your team members, they are fun and it is happy to be around them. I mostly enjoyed talking to customers.

kmart

Most of the jobs that I worked with are customer service. I have learnt so many areas. Serve and provide high quality performance to the customers so they come and visits the stores at anytime.

Pros

good management

Cons

not enough hours

Productive and safe workplace

This is a great place to work if you are new the workforce and it has some great safety procedures around the areas of work. The management are very organised and voiceful.

standard environment

job was okay. However I didn't really enjoy it due to the fact that management staff wasn't so fair on the assistant members with hours and pay etc. Therefore being in an environment where there is a lack of support and inequality among the workers would negatively impact my day and attitude to work at my best.

Pros

pay

Professional

General customer service good interaction with both staff and management. Very easy going environment. every one worked together as a team.

happy productive team - great customer service = increased sales

delgation - organise team compliance cash control floor management happy team is a productive team Working alongside other line managers filling,presentating store. Helping drive sales and lowering shrink in store.

Pros

great team with great team work ethic and ugrs. Managment bonuses

Cons

travel to and - from work

Kmart; Where good times start!

A typical day in my workplace involves interacting with customers ensuring that they have a great shopping experience, cash handling, sales, stock replenishment, housekeeping, maintaining health and safety at all times, liasing with staff and management and problem solving. I have learnt that the customer is priority in all fields of business. I overcome obstacles should they arise, provide customers with outstanding customer service thereby ensuring their return.

Pros

Effective communication, Regular Breaks and a safe & enjoyable working environment.

Fun

I would great my customers with a smile. I learnt to ask my customers questions, this enabled me to help them find what they were looking for faster. I enjoyed working as part of a team, i found my management team very helpful.

Pros

meeting new people

Cons

only casuals hours

loved working for k-mart

Was working 35 hours a week learned a lot checkouts/self-service etc. Co workers management fantastic. Hardest part was dealing with a few nasty customers but loved and miss seeing all the regular faces

Pros

Bonuses staff lunches

Cons

nasty customers

Productive and fun work Place

I enjoy everyone that come in the store. I learned to work the scanners and other technology. I get along with the management and I work with them alot. I enjoy working as a team with my co workers. Had to repeat stocktaking because i for got to push the right button and i fixed it. The most enjoyable part of the job is being part of a team.

Pros

discounts
  • Kmart