Kmart logo
Kmart
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kmart Work–Life Balance reviews

Clear
Work–Life Balance
2.8
Pay & Benefits

Found 41 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,045 reviews

Fun Workplace

A Typical day at Kmart starts with a team talk discussing the health and safety focus for the week, everyone's rostered positions and then a little work .

Productive and fun work place

Working at K-Mart is physically demanding job but that hardly becomes a problem because the working environment is fun and the employees are welcoming and friendly. I would highly recommend anyone who was interested in working at K-Mart to work there as every aspect of the job is both enjoyable and rewarding.

Pros

The people who work there with you

Productive and fun workplace

A day at 8203 Porirua does not come without it's challenges. At the end of the day it's not about you but giving the customer a great shopping experience. Team work also

Fun Environment

Fun and Active Job Place, full on but always enjoy working. Some days are different than others but each day brings different things. I Love Kmart :))

great people to work with

Overall there were great people to work with, but management needed a bit more work. A typical day at work was a busy one but was mainly in the stockroom sorting out loads.

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

Unfair hours and mistreated at times

Good mix of people

Dealing with customers on a daily basis helps you deal with many things for example; * fear- if you are not used to talking to people. * communication - how well you communicate to people makes all the difference between making a sale or not. * open mind - helps to be open minded because no 2 days are the same.

Pros

10% off products purchased there

Cons

Long hours and have to work all public holidays !

Good people working inside work place

I am really willing to learn new things and am comfortable in new surroundings. I have a lot of skills, experience and definitely the ability to work under pressure and also a reliable employee.

Fun Family Oriented Work place

I learnt a lot from Kmart. Being on the shop floor did help me a lot with my confidence and how I saw my self. The culture is very family friendly and you have many girls and boys working with their parents. When something goes wrong you can guarantee that the Kmart family can help you out.

Pros

Get a workout being on the shop floor

Cons

Really Long Hours

Good

I have learned many great lessons while being at Kmart that I will pass onto future jobs and future life decisions. I found it enjoyable most of the time being.

stepping stone, great, divers, growth, experience, opportunity

Kmart was an amazing stepping stone for me in terms of experience in the customer service industry. It provided great growth for me as a person as well as in the company. Team members there give others great drive to do better every day and also make you feel like you're part of the family.

Jobs at Kmart

See more jobs

Great, fun place to work

I love working in retail. I’ve met so many new people and I love helping customers when they need assistance. I love meeting new people and talking in front of a crowd.

Fun work place to work at

Kmart is a good place to work at fun and love helping people get to meet new people everyday it's also a very busy place but it's good cos you don't get bored

fun and enjoyable work place.

at work its was really enjoyable, like the staff are so friendly and so nice and we get along really good and also i haven't even had a problem while working there, the reason why i had to resign from that work its because i was still at school and i had to only take part time job and came to a point where my parents just want me to start focusing on my education since its my last year, so they want me to resign and focus on my last year of study in high school, but since that is over now i miss working with the company. The most enjoyable part of the job, is having to help most of the costumers that need our help within our work place its really satisfying and really good. The hardest part is stressing out in front of the cashier when there is just so much costumers, even though its really fun sometimes but there are some costumers who are just really difficult to explain to them our policy. anyways it was really fun and enjoyable.

Pros

lots of costumers

Workplace culture

Was an awesome Ora and surroundings. Good positive vibes and happy outgoing natured people.I loves every bit of working here. I gained a lot of confidence n communication skills also meet a lot of people and made a bit of friends I would refer others to work in this industry.

Pros

Discounts

Fun workplace

This was probably one of my favorite jobs I have worked. Everyone was welcoming, Easy to get along with, Taught you how to do the rights, Had so much laughter in the workplace. People there were just so nice. Less thing I didn't like was the rates. Every scan on a box was 22 cents a carton, So you'd have to scan 600 cartons a day for a week to get an overall good pay. It was not easy being able to do that. They ain't just small cartons you scan, there are also heavy ones too.

Pros

Shared lunch

Fun and Enjoyable

The hardest part could be dealing with the customers but the most enjoyable part is getting to know other people and helping out customers showing them around.

Pros

Break within working hours

Cons

Long Hours

Busy fast pace place to work

i have enjoyed my time at Kmart Terapa, have made some life long friends, the management is very understanding to family commitments, i have learnt to adapt to change, every day is different. retail is a high pressured job, Christmas time is crazy! ,

Pros

awesome team environment

Cons

long periods of being on your feet.

KMart

It was a good job, very hectic but good with an awesome pay. was my first job and am proud im an ex worker. Love the workers just know you have to handle over bearing customers

Pros

shouted lunches when doing good

Cons

night shift

Variety of duties. Got on well with other staff. Busy at times. Good selection of clothing. Great management and supervisors. My supervisor was great.

Pros

Big staff room and locker room

lively, productive and fun

Always about team work and building each other up in this work place. There is a positive energy and the company really take care of their staff. the management definitely are very understanding in all circumstances and also keep you on your toes. I always leave this workplace feeling better of than when i walked in.

Pros

spontaneous lunch shouts, lovely staff, always something to do.

Cons

midnight shifts, sometimes can be very tiring on busy days/ holidays.

Productive and team work is priority

I liked to work in Kmart but lack of time schedules i cannot manage the shifts i got. I was studying on that time so i could not manage timings. I learnt plenty of new things.

Pros

Good team workers