Kmart
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kmart Employee Reviews

kind of bad management, strange culture, I don't know what else to write but I need to write 150 words minimum for some reason, I don't recommend working at Kmart
I am really willing to learn new things and am comfortable in new surroundings. I have a lot of skills, experience and definitely the ability to work under pressure and also a reliable employee.
I think I learned how to hone my customer service skills. There was a family vibe at Kmart, and I still keep in touch with some of them after I had resigned. The management was good, but you did not get a 'formal' training of how things worked (besides induction) especially when its close to seasonal periods ie Christmas where we would be swarmed with customers. Some store managers were better than others. The hours despite long were definitely higher than the minimum wage (before April 2018) so you got paid for your efforts. Hours though, dependent on your own relationship with management.
Pros
Good Hours, Acceptable Starting Wage
Cons
Needs more training of new staff members
I learnt a lot from Kmart. Being on the shop floor did help me a lot with my confidence and how I saw my self. The culture is very family friendly and you have many girls and boys working with their parents. When something goes wrong you can guarantee that the Kmart family can help you out.
Pros
Get a workout being on the shop floor
Cons
Really Long Hours
I learned kind of Products and how to place it on the shelves.How to work on Teel and know how to calm the customers down when theyre angry about the products that they are gonna buy it
I have learned many great lessons while being at Kmart that I will pass onto future jobs and future life decisions. I found it enjoyable most of the time being.
Kmart was an amazing stepping stone for me in terms of experience in the customer service industry. It provided great growth for me as a person as well as in the company. Team members there give others great drive to do better every day and also make you feel like you're part of the family.
Kmart has mostly been a fantastic place to work for the two years I've been there. Some of the managers can be difficult to work with, however there are far more positives to working at Kmart than negatives. The pay is amazing for a retail job and they give regular pay rises. Theres a huge variety of things to do at Kmart as well and it's very likely that you'll be trained to do a multitude of different tasks while you work there.
Pros
Good pay
Working for Kmart taught me customer service and the importance of multi-tasking. It was my first experience at everything, working at cash tills, customer service, merchandising to knowing the difference between clothing brands to products etc. It was an amazing experience and every day was busy so I did feel under pressure at times but it was good for me. I learnt fast!
Pros
Discounts on clothes
Cons
N/a
I love working in retail. I’ve met so many new people and I love helping customers when they need assistance. I love meeting new people and talking in front of a crowd.
Its a good experience as i have never worked in retail before also a good feeling helping customers find what they are looking for and if our store does not have the item then we will ring other Kmart's to see if they have the item.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lots of cleaning
Busy fast paced environment especially during the Christmas period, friendly staff members, Working hours are perfect however the starting rate is low
Your average warehouse distribution job with the expected pay and benefits.The highlight of the job was working with new people every few weeks but new people do not usually last very long before they get fired or find better employment.
approachable bosses very strict in health and safety very busy every day have to come on time in the work place and be active be smart to fill in the pallet in the right position of each boxes...I learned to think before you lift.
Pros
good hours for break times
Cons
strict
Made a lot of friends with work colleagues. I have learnt how to pick pack using RF scanner. Most enjoyable of the job was getting a long of the workers.
Days at work on average was good. I learnt how to deal with angry customers and also sharpen up on my customer service skills Management was good at times Hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday
I learned a lot of customer service skills and techniques, the most enjoyable part about working was to being able to help customers and doing my job correctly as well as completing all the tasks given to me.
Pros
the salary
Cons
overworking
Kmart is a good place to work at fun and love helping people get to meet new people everyday it's also a very busy place but it's good cos you don't get bored
at work its was really enjoyable, like the staff are so friendly and so nice and we get along really good and also i haven't even had a problem while working there, the reason why i had to resign from that work its because i was still at school and i had to only take part time job and came to a point where my parents just want me to start focusing on my education since its my last year, so they want me to resign and focus on my last year of study in high school, but since that is over now i miss working with the company. The most enjoyable part of the job, is having to help most of the costumers that need our help within our work place its really satisfying and really good. The hardest part is stressing out in front of the cashier when there is just so much costumers, even though its really fun sometimes but there are some costumers who are just really difficult to explain to them our policy. anyways it was really fun and enjoyable.
Pros
lots of costumers
Cons
Was an awesome Ora and surroundings. Good positive vibes and happy outgoing natured people.I loves every bit of working here. I gained a lot of confidence n communication skills also meet a lot of people and made a bit of friends I would refer others to work in this industry.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
This was probably one of my favorite jobs I have worked. Everyone was welcoming, Easy to get along with, Taught you how to do the rights, Had so much laughter in the workplace. People there were just so nice. Less thing I didn't like was the rates. Every scan on a box was 22 cents a carton, So you'd have to scan 600 cartons a day for a week to get an overall good pay. It was not easy being able to do that. They ain't just small cartons you scan, there are also heavy ones too.
Pros
Shared lunch
  1. Employee Reviews