Kmart
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kmart Employee Reviews

kind of bad management, strange culture, I don't know what else to write but I need to write 150 words minimum for some reason, I don't recommend working at Kmart
Manual machine daily checks, Loads set ups for Loading on to truck and trailer, Product putaways, Stock location replenishments, Sheets Order Picking.
Pros
BBQ every month
Cons
can't work over 40hrs
The hardest part could be dealing with the customers but the most enjoyable part is getting to know other people and helping out customers showing them around.
Pros
Break within working hours
Cons
Long Hours
Overall, I enjoyed my time working at Kmart. The managers and team members were friendly and approachable and the job was relatively stress-free with good. There were issues with personal life conflicting with work, where I felt let down by the company, but I believe they are taking steps to be more employee orientated.
Pros
Good pay, friendly team
Cons
Inadequate employee support
i have enjoyed my time at Kmart Terapa, have made some life long friends, the management is very understanding to family commitments, i have learnt to adapt to change, every day is different. retail is a high pressured job, Christmas time is crazy! ,
Pros
awesome team environment
Cons
long periods of being on your feet.
It was a good job, very hectic but good with an awesome pay. was my first job and am proud im an ex worker. Love the workers just know you have to handle over bearing customers
Pros
shouted lunches when doing good
Cons
night shift
I am one heck of a huge fan of Kmart i would recommend any of the Kmart stores across NZ to everyone. Kmart a full of friendly employers/employees and floor management is a huge bonus to all customers.
Great job, good group of people and distrubution. Would definitely go back if moved back to NZ FOR.............................................................
Safety is paramount at KMART also productivity. pay is great as a fulltime staff. benefits are also good. As a temp you are expected to fulfill your obligations in all aspects of a warehouse temp
Variety of duties. Got on well with other staff. Busy at times. Good selection of clothing. Great management and supervisors. My supervisor was great.
Pros
Big staff room and locker room
Cons
I really enjoy to work in kmart Warehouse and i really get lots of information about the products which comes from another country, the most important thing that i notice the workers are really helpful while i do the job
Pros
free Milk
Cons
Basic Pay Rate
Always about team work and building each other up in this work place. There is a positive energy and the company really take care of their staff. the management definitely are very understanding in all circumstances and also keep you on your toes. I always leave this workplace feeling better of than when i walked in.
Pros
spontaneous lunch shouts, lovely staff, always something to do.
Cons
midnight shifts, sometimes can be very tiring on busy days/ holidays.
I liked to work in Kmart but lack of time schedules i cannot manage the shifts i got. I was studying on that time so i could not manage timings. I learnt plenty of new things.
Pros
Good team workers
Cons
Like any company, The longer you stay the more you learn. Sometimes its good, other times not. I have learnt a lot working with a great bunch of people.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
little bit stressful at times.
Well when I was working for kmart there wasn't very much control for the night shift workers there was no communication or team work only when pallets were stacked messy
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No team work
i really like my work place managment superb. every thing is good mangers as well teammembers so helping about each other. always look after each and other
Pros
Cons
night shifts all the time
When i was working at K-Mark there was a lot of skills that i have gained, though doing work experience. i have learnt to work as team, help your team out if they are having problems, giving direction to the customers if they cant find the items that they are looking for and providing customers wonderful service. Different culture, there are a few times where me and the person that i was working with didn't really get along well but what i have learnt is to respect different culture the way you would want to be treated by respecting there culture and religion. The work environment, i love it because i had a chance to work with such a awesome people.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Staff were always welcoming and had a good sense of humour! Hours were long but always went by pretty quick. Management were always so understanding! I was going through a rough time and management were always there to listen if I needed to talk which I felt was really important and helpful.
Pros
Discounts on clothes
Cons
Some staff didn't pull their weight as much as others
Over all, I love the Kmart staff because they are willing to listen to what you have to say about the particular job. I loved the job that i was doing. I wouldn't mind doing the same job but refuse to go through an agency.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
the AGENCYS that you have to applie through to get the job.
Working with Kmart helps you gain all the skills and quality that you need to return back to the workforce. A lovely team to work with and understanding when you are going through hardship it like a family orientated company.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Decanting is part of the process which I learnt to be a team player within my work force. Managed how to multi task when overwhelmed with loads of goods coming in and out of store. Enjoyed the Culture and the kind people around me, which keeps me safe within this work force environment. The hardest part of the Job was to deal with staff issues example like the loss of goods in the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people new faces and happy personnel around me.
  1. Employee Reviews