Kmart
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kmart Employee Reviews

kind of bad management, strange culture, I don't know what else to write but I need to write 150 words minimum for some reason, I don't recommend working at Kmart
A typical day at work would be fun, because there is always something to do, which keeps you moving. I learnt a lot of things while working, I learnt about different customers and how to deal with them in the best way possible. The management was awesome, always checking up on team members and being apart of the team, some team leaders were not of what I would call a leader. The workplace culture was awesome, and unique. Everyone fit in which was good. There weren't any hard parts of the job but some moments when customers are extremely angry that there is nothing you can do but ask them to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job were your team members, they are fun and it is happy to be around them. I mostly enjoyed talking to customers.
Most of the jobs that I worked with are customer service. I have learnt so many areas. Serve and provide high quality performance to the customers so they come and visits the stores at anytime.
Pros
good management
Cons
not enough hours
I was working casual with the Kmart Distribution Centre, I learnt what it was like to work in a warehouse before I was working at Sistema. The hardest part for me working there, was stacking the cartons on pallets evenly and at a fast pace. What I didn't like was being paid $1.00 per carton, I think it was an unfair job because the staff that had been there longer knew how to take peoples cartons and earn more than the newer people.
Pros
good lunch breaks
Cons
wasnt hourly rate
I worked within the apparel section at the centre place Kmart, I enjoyed learning something different to what I was used to with previous employment. The staff were very helpful and I made friends here too.
fantastic place to connect with customers and team members i was able to teach team members how to merchandise and replenish shelves in a well presented and timely fashion. I was fortunate to work in the retail business as my family owned a shop from a very young age.
A typical day or in my situation was afternoon to midnight shift, would start with a meeting, then we would all get sent to different departments of the store to carry out whatever tasks were required , the environment was exciting,fast paced as it was christmas season and was very busy , and i learnt so much working there and had awesome amazing friends aswell.
Pros
bonus pool
This is a great place to work if you are new the workforce and it has some great safety procedures around the areas of work. The management are very organised and voiceful.
self motivated target driven enegetic team player passionate about achievements reliable adaptive full time. part time worker creative hardworking understanding trustworthy
Pros
breaks....uniforms
Cons
I like my work at Kmart and try my best to enjoy each day I work there. The team works well to get jobs done and always help out each other. Everyone generally is positive and respectful toward eachother. I really enjoy working with others and getting to know people more. Kmart has also helped me to socialize with customers and my confidence is growing and I am beginning to enjoy customers then being shy.
Replenishment of stock on a daily basis. Customer Service Desk. Customer Assistant. Variety of ages of Staff Members. CUSTOMERS ARE #1 FOCUS
Pros
Regular Staff Shouts for team Work
How to do RF scanning,lifting,Health and safety how important Safety is to Kmart.Enjoyed working with the team and enjoyed everything about the job.
job was okay. However I didn't really enjoy it due to the fact that management staff wasn't so fair on the assistant members with hours and pay etc. Therefore being in an environment where there is a lack of support and inequality among the workers would negatively impact my day and attitude to work at my best.
Pros
pay
Cons
General customer service good interaction with both staff and management. Very easy going environment. every one worked together as a team.
typical day at work is long having to chop & change rosters everyday nights are way harder because your having to sort merchandise plus apparel and have your area your allocated too clean tidy & sorted from sizes to there right department before it hits 12am which is harder because there are still people shopping as the shop is still open till 12am. co workers are awesome great people to be around and have a bright sense of humor as well as a strict comfort zone when we have to do work. i would recommend working at kmart again if the opportunity was available but its very hard to get in when a lot of people are applying. different managers for every shift during day night & graveyard shift.
Pros
20% discount / coffee etc help yourself
Cons
long hours sore feet
delgation - organise team compliance cash control floor management happy team is a productive team Working alongside other line managers filling,presentating store. Helping drive sales and lowering shrink in store.
Pros
great team with great team work ethic and ugrs. Managment bonuses
Cons
travel to and - from work
A typical day at work for me was very busy depending on the work load as I was one of the fastest and senior pickers. I learnt that in a factory there are alot of workers that come and go as they cannot handle the change of hours. I got along very well with my coworkers and alot of them I call family now. the hardest part of my job was training all the new people but it was also the most enjoyable to because I got to know them alot also.
Pros
amazing people to work with
Cons
It was first learning in the Auckland, busy checkout operator where I was very comfortable with the supportive team. Co workers were very friendly and supportive.
Pros
busy day
Cons
customer long queues
Kmart Manukau was a amazing place to and I was so honoured working with such an amazing team. Being a sales assistant at kmart manukau taught me a lot about how to deal with customers on a daily basis.
Pros
All types of different ethnicities
Cons
A typical day in my workplace involves interacting with customers ensuring that they have a great shopping experience, cash handling, sales, stock replenishment, housekeeping, maintaining health and safety at all times, liasing with staff and management and problem solving. I have learnt that the customer is priority in all fields of business. I overcome obstacles should they arise, provide customers with outstanding customer service thereby ensuring their return.
Pros
Effective communication, Regular Breaks and a safe & enjoyable working environment.
I would great my customers with a smile. I learnt to ask my customers questions, this enabled me to help them find what they were looking for faster. I enjoyed working as part of a team, i found my management team very helpful.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
only casuals hours
  1. Employee Reviews