Kmart
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kmart Employee Reviews

kind of bad management, strange culture, I don't know what else to write but I need to write 150 words minimum for some reason, I don't recommend working at Kmart
Was working 35 hours a week learned a lot checkouts/self-service etc. Co workers management fantastic. Hardest part was dealing with a few nasty customers but loved and miss seeing all the regular faces
Pros
Bonuses staff lunches
Cons
nasty customers
I enjoy everyone that come in the store. I learned to work the scanners and other technology. I get along with the management and I work with them alot. I enjoy working as a team with my co workers. Had to repeat stocktaking because i for got to push the right button and i fixed it. The most enjoyable part of the job is being part of a team.
Pros
discounts
Kmart is a great place to work at. the workers are friendly and the management staff are really supportive.Like any retail job every day was a new learning experience.
Pros
good work atmosphere
i did a variety of jobs at Kmart and so a typical day would be having a team huddle before every shift we would do stretches and be told what we are doing for our shift. I learnt a lot at Kmart but the most helpful skill I learnt was how to communicate with the customers. I enjoyed the company of all the kmart co-workers.
Working at and helping set up Kmart Te Rapa was an amazing experience. I learnt how to do end of day banking, refunds, returns, sales, up selling. My co workers were amazing, they made it fun to go to work. Management was OK, there were a few mistakes made on the roster side of things. The hardest part of working at Kmart in Te Rapa was the travel. At that time I was living in Cambridge and the travel in peak hour traffic was horrible. The thing I most Enjoyed about my job at Kmart was seeing the customer walk out with a smile on their faces and knowing that you made their day that much better.
I enjoy working as a team but can also work alone and unsupervised which I done a lot. Management was excellent which made my time here a lot easier. I gained a lot of experience working in this field and would gladly return to this type of position. I do not as yet hold a Australian certified forklift license but will strive to achieve this in the near future.
I make sure that the shelves are clean and full, so our customers have a choice of all of our range. I hold daily meetings with my colleagues to huddle out our figures. I also deal with any customer issues.
* Motivational * Team Work * Great Customer Service * Great Ethnic Background Kmart is a Great Industry to get you started in the retail Industry it helps you grow into a great individual within the work force. Meeting different people also gives you the confidence to challenge yourself at anything and everything.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Long Hours
I learnt to be patient and to work in a team. I enjoyed meeting new team members and learning new things. The hardest part of the job for me was finding resolutions for concerns that customers had. The most enjoyable part working for Kmart was to meet new people and help people with their shopping experience.
Pros
half priced clothes
Cons
not being able to help a customer
I worked during last year Christmas time and came across a lot of different queries from the customers, I was able to help them out without any disturbance to my routine duties, experienced a few typical days despite of my short duration with Kmart. I learnt some new management, customer dealing and interaction skills. I like and prefer working at Kmart because the working environment is very welcoming and flexible. The co-workers are always supporting and keen to help you in need. For me, the most enjoyable part of job was stocking up the shelves, making the shop full, neat and tidy. I loved the feeling of proudness when a customer was happy and satisfied. But at the same time when I couldn't find a product in the store requested by the customer which is advertised in the catalogue was the hardest part of the job for me.
Pros
Cooperative, good working environment, and great number of customers to keep staff busy.
Cons
Sometime staff not turning up, seen some deficiencies with allocation of jobs to part timers, found sometime the shop shelves are not filled up.
at first i thought it would be hard but once your in to it your good to go. ive learnt to be more organised and paitent also getting interact with customers which is really good ive also learnt to be more confident with my self and with others around me. ive made great friends and also families with my co -workers so kind and humble. the hardest part of the job would be when its busy kind of get some pressure going through your head for a while but either than that you get use to it. the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people with smiles on their faces when leaving the store.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Mother's Day was a enjoyable and learning day for me while working in K-Mart. Store was full with customers and staff members were totally busy to helping. i get boost up when i saw my manager managing all the staff and customers systematically. i was doing my part of job but she had been versatile in every area. She came to me and showed me a better ideas to get job done faster and systematically in busy time. even I enjoyed a lot to help customers for finding their right products etc. All team members had good coordination and positive working atmosphere. it helped me to improve my customer service skills, have positive attitude, be quick, team work skills, managing work and helping customers and staff, and it was the enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
good salary, staff discount
Cons
no growth, less shifts
worked in apparelle. dealt with customer inquiries. face to face customer service.
The Kmart was a very fun place to work, I learnt a lot of skills on using the checkouts to serve customers. It was always nice to talk to the customers and help them out. The staff were all very friendly and nice to work with. The usually time I would work at Kmart would be eight hours a day with two fifteen minute breaks and one half and hour break which I thought was good. I also thought the money that I earnt hourly was very good as well. The environment was always friendly and everyone was always very helpful.
Fun Environment serving customers, and making new friends with in the working grounds of staff members
Pros
Free Luches
Cons
Not enough hours
My most enjoyable part of the job was working with an awesome team. Made me feel welcome and they were amazing! There were times where I didn't feel like being at work, but I still stayed and gave it my all.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, when it was packed.
i loved working at Kmart it was awesome,getting to help customers find what they came in looking for and asking how their day was because in the end its all about the customers in keeping them happy.
Pros
everyone got along like a family
Cons
how people didnt take their break times as they were told they would take longer than they should
I worked as an loading bay/inwards goods person for 3 years at KMart Botany. After working alone for 1year at the loading bay/inwards goods, I was approached by management asked to be instore payroll clerk. I had previous administration experience and took the offer with arms opened wide. Working in office brought me closer to the other work colleague's was able to have a conversation with those whom didn't know I have worked at the loading bay. I built up a good rapport with management and with also the buyers of the company. I always offered my services to work on the shop floor, as was willing to help out anywhere needed. I also worked as a cashier/checkout operator during the busy times, I did manage to finish my own work load by the end of the business day.
Pros
Working with a great bunch of people
Cons
No cons
Start at 11:30 finish at 4:30am am part of the night fill team. Fun working environment. Co-workers are very co-operative and fun to work with. Kmart takes health and safety very seriously and management are sure to take and make steps to ensure employees are using safety techniques where ever applicable. Very fun and exciting group to work with.
Pros
staff discounts
Most days were spent in the stores supporting the Programmes and mentoring the team, Guiding the Management team to achieve excellence in audits both H&S and Asset protection, Mondays were meeting day with the regional team, plans for the week any overseas trips or visits to isolated stores (out of Auckland) Learned about the dynamics of different teams and the ways that message's and training had to be delivered at different levels, the most difficult function was the investigation and disciplinary leading to dismissal, the function was no issue, its just the final act of dismissal, and the thought that if this person had just stopped and thought about what they were doing!! I enjoyed seeing the stores that were not performing start to climb back into the Black after putting in place some of the processes of ideas that I had offered and supported with the team.
Pros
Travel around the country and overseas
Cons
Some of the Micro management Tecniques
  1. Employee Reviews