Kraft Heinz Company
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kraft Heinz Company Employee Reviews for Category Manager

Headquarters was not fun and did beat you down over time. Good people in the department, but the mood was very negative. Very much a top down driven environment.
Company went downhill after merger with Heinz. Was asked to do unethical things to jeopardize the relationships I had spent years building. Company is more focused towards younger generation to save in salary for more experienced professionals
There are many reasons why I enjoy working for Kraft Heinz, but here are a few: 1. Flexible work hours/ Work remote 2. Company environment 3. Work/Life balance
H.J. Heinz great company - Foodservice team awesome. Company changed after being purchased by 3G and the great people chased out of the company. Now it is Kraft Heinz and a different company and culture.
Pros
Smart people, Support, Team, Culture
Cons
Sold to 3G
Kraft Heinz changed to culture for the worse. I planned to make a career here but once they were bought everything changed. Massive layoffs and complete culture change. It wasn't for me.
Kraft was a very fun and prestigious place to work. People on the customer teams were proud of the company they worked for and worked hard for the company. The leadership showed that they cared and looked out for you. That all changed when the company wanted to look better for investors and started cutting cost too far. The culture and atmosphere changed and good people started to leave. Ultimately the 3G merger killed this company, they closed many offices, cut trade spending and the brands have suffered.
Very stressful environment. The company makes it's employees work harder not smarter. Poor management and decision making. Absolutely no work/family balance.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
no work/life balance, long hours, poor managment
Corporate culture is focused on reducing Overhead. Travel is limited and employees are required to share hotel rooms. Work space is open concept, with employees at all levels working in one large work space.
I worked at Kraft from 1998-2012... that version of the company is long gone and any review I can provide will be about an extinct organization (that I found to generally lack culture and relevant brands)
Strong training provided in sales, fair compensation. Great work life balance and culture. Fun and exciting and challenging company to work for. Highly recommend.
Prior to the merge, Kraft Foods was a great place to work. They had a family feel and had a great family work life balance. Benefits were awesome and if my position was not eliminated, I would still be there!
3G has made too many changes to quickly and have lost focus on the customer and employees. Kraft Foods was a great organization I was proud to work for but focus from sales/customer to finance has not been a good one.
Benefits
Cons
New management / 3G
I worked for 29 years. Corporate Company is great. Field operations had its Management issues that did not reflect the companies view.
Good\ company with great benefits, potencial and lot of information to be the first in strategies and execution. Needs to improve management and start to develop the internal employees.
Kraft and the people there were very good to me. I enjoyed the the people I worked with. The administrative work makes it hard to have time to sell and hard to have good work life balance. Expect to be a jack of all trades, master of none.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
Check ins and trackers galore
Served as the marketing executive to manage and oversee the regional growth and development of Gordon Food Service’s business to Kraft Foods. This represented $55 million dollars in sales volume. Managed four territory sales managers. Developed and implemented market incentive programs and promotions. Accountable for maintaining market share, organizational development, and profit on annual sales for this national incentive company. Interpret, manage, and act on technical data that provide visibility into product movement, profitability, and market share.
Pros
Promoted
Cons
Lack of support
During my time at Kraft I was given the opportunities to build the solid foundation needed to manage businesses. Learning the daily tasks and details that go into the over all picture provided me with an understanding of what I was asking the team to take on in my future roles.
Great company with really good benefits. I would highly recommend Kraft, especially if you are willing to relocate.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Reorganization every couple years
Too much red tape to get anything done. Kraft has a bad reputation with their customers
Pros
Brands are good
Cons
Unorganized at all levels, unfocused
The Kraft Foods Group: 1.) A Perfect Organization for those seeking weak leadership and a culture that rewards Process Improvement above Results. 2.) RISK ADVERSE Culture 3.) Antiquated Brands lacking manufacturing Agility 4.) Below Average Talent, Significantly below P&G, ConAgra, & Unilever. Compensation: below industry averages, Expectations: unrealistic. Leadership: Senior managers: A Weak Group. Underpaid & held to unrealistic expectations. Mid Managers: Low 6-figure salary's for 80 hour weeks... should not be a surprise the talent is below average. Maybe pay them what they're worth & the talent will be retained? Organizational Culture: Results at Kraft are not rewarded, Risk is highly discouraged.
Pros
Tremendous amount of trade dollars to drive the business...or save for a rainy day.
Cons
Compensation, Risk Adverse Culture, Weak Leadership, Affirmative Action quotas, Process valued above Results
•Collaboratively develop customized programs with the consumer by leveraging Kraft’s “One Company” scale. Create synergies in the Kraft portfolio of products by increasing sales 22% and profits 14% for area.•Added three major accounts in MS and LA, which increased company’s market share from 9% to 15%.•Develop relationships with key customer decision makers to favorably influence and enhance Kraft’s competitive position.•Provide updates to upper management on competitive activity, both at the Account and in the market, Customer specific strategy changes, key marketplace updates and other business related activities.•Review Customer Profit & Loss report and other Key Performance Indicators to determine necessary actions steps to improve category profitability.
Pros
worked from home, flexible hours