Labtests
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Labtests Employee Reviews

New Zealand9 reviews
I Absolutely love being a Phleb, I don't enjoy doing the car run though, unfortunately being qualified means having to do it, I also don't enjoy having to move to other labs, as I love and know My patients, but moving around is helpful when first learning, as you have different cultures in each area, which means different body types, language barriers, and protocol, and that's all part of our job.
I really enjoy my patient interaction, and the fact that I have patients ask only for me, means they trust and appreciate me too.

I love working as a team, am always happy to help out a fellow team member, and am happy to ask help of them when needed too. My average day is above labtests expectations (numbers wise) and although I will stop to have a chat now and then with team mates, the patients are always seen as soon as I can.

I did my training within labtests, have my current first aid cert with A1 as per labtests policy, and am keen to learn more specialised tests.

The hardest part of my job is reading Doctors writing/scrawl
Pros
Paid uniform laundering, training all done within labtests
Cons
Car nursing and being moved to other labs
Labtests is a place of employment that is interested in seeing its members grow and be productive in every aspect of the job
It provides an atmosphere where people become known and being able to be connected to your patients and customers in a supportive and friendly but most of all in a professional manner
Pros
Flexible shifts and hours
Cons
Not that I know of
Very good company to work for and lots of support from bosses .ongoing learning and coaching from education teachers. One hour lunch break and good pay package
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Start at 7am,Continuously work until lunch break,taking bloods every 5mins. Three staff taking between 180 and 200 bloods a day. Centrifuging blood,cleaning rooms and toilets, packing bloods for transport for couriers,ordering stock,reading memos when time.customer service.I learned that being efficient meant no extra help because patient waiting time was so short.Co workers great and we worked well together as a fast efficient team.Upper management changing s.o.p.every couple days .Excellent hard working staff,that were fun to work with and knowlegable.
Pros
wages good
Cons
not the best company
I work in LabTests as a Medical Laboratory Technician and effectively perform all the duties including accession, culture,gram staining and gram reading/KOH reading. It also include culture reading on some of the benches I am trained in.
In LabTests, we all work as a team to provide excellent service to the company and the customers.

I enjoy working in a Medical Laboratory and doesn't find anything hard. Whenever I come across a new situation, I take it as a challenge and try to solve it along with the help of my seniors and co-workers.
Greeting people (customers) who attend collection room for blood tests was a huge highlight
Pros
Helping people
Cons
work conditions
we, team of two, full time and four part time did more than 250 patients in a day. During this role, I learned customer service skills, communication, Team work and working under pressure to meet the limitation of time. I was second in charge in the center and had to help and advise the junior staff. All co workers in the center worked as a team, while dealing with a patient with no knowledge of English language, it was hard job, as we had to confirm their details before starting the test. So We had to seek Help from some of our colleagues working at other centers and having the knowledge of that language. Doing test on a patient, happy and having the knowledge of English language , we enjoyed the job.
Pros
Free two paid tea breakes.
Cons
no comments
My typical day at work would start @ 8am, taking calls from Doctors, nurses, other medical staffs and general public, answering different types of quires relating to tests, collection centre locations, requirements of what to do for specific tests. I guess I have learned a lot of things but most of all is the self confidence in me that I have built within myself. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of this job is that it takes a lot of skills and lots of hard work to be able to work in a medical field job. I enjoyed the people that I worked with the most.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Pay rate was not good
There's alot of things I've learned in this company. I have learned alot of things like being a team player and etc. The management is really great and very understanding about your situation and the co-workers are really fun and great to work with.
Pros
free vaccines, opportunity to have a nzqa qualification.