Langham Hotel Employee Reviews

Productive & Fun Workplace
F & B Attendant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand26 August 2018
Getting to meet people from all over the world staying at this 5 star hotel means we need to give them high quality customer service. my daily duties would be to serve food and clear tables, barista making and also working in the bar and a cashier.
The people that work there are from all over the world so there is a diverse range and are all very friendly and enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Free lunches
a great eniviroment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland7 May 2018
Working there for my first time was hard but getting to two week of my job i got use to it it was full with kind and friendly people Langham hotel is a good company where you can find amd meet new people you havent met before
Pros
they gave us free lunch
Cons
and gave us long hours
Fun to work environment
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland6 February 2018
Friendly working staff and management with working benefits such as food and other incentives. fun to work environment with different people from different cultures.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Unpredictable working hours
A 5 star hotel both to stay and and to work at
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland17 September 2017
The company history and culture is amazing. To be part of that history and the 5 star level of service that the hotel and staff provide has been an honor
Great experince
Banquet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland7 June 2017
In Langham I worked in Banquet department got chance to attend lots of high class events such as award shows and exhibition. I would say Langham has given me a great learning experience.
Eight Restaurant
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland19 May 2017
Not ideal workplace that I would recommend it to everyone. HR is too strict and does not treat everyone equally.Employer makes fake promises to sponsor for work visa.They don't pay well to experienced staff. Employees are not allowed to be in hotel after work.Managers and Directors can take and steal anything.But the staff at lower level cannot even take a pen outside.They should treat everyone equally. Not much friendly Staff. Employees don't treat well to each other. And they so call all this 5 star service. When you can't make your employees happy how can you expect your customers to be happy.
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland26 April 2017
great team work and everyone help each other no matter how hard the day is we achieve our NPS and tasks for the particular day with the support. We always give important to our values and maintain them and we beleive that our values always makes our mission easier.
Pros
staff meal free
Cons
extra shifts maximum 2 hrs
Good working enviroment
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  new zealand11 February 2017
Great place to start in hospitality industry, especially for a 5 star establishment. Supportive team, always learning on the job. Most enjoyable part was meeting people from all walks of life, multi-cultural team, work benefits, and team talks.
Productive and fun
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Auckland26 January 2017
I have held a few jobs in the last couple of years and each of them including The Langham brand/ hotel made me gained a lot of experience and valuable knowledge.
Alright place to work
Housman (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland24 May 2016
The Langham generally was an ok place to work . Getting free lunches every day was an added bonus. The chance for future development into supervisor or management role could have been better for those who have worked there for a few years rather than bringing in new staff.
CDP (Current Employee) –  auckland19 May 2016
Hard working job especially for salary staff its a difficult place.
UN pleasant executive chef.
Almost all the good chef team left their job in one year Time
Great Learning Experience
Room Attendant - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland13 May 2016
I had an amazing learning experience. different cultures and met a lot of amazing people. it was a great opportunity to work there
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours only if you want ot
Very Good Company
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland13 May 2016
enjoyed the different cultures and learning experience. I learned a lot at the Langham hotel.
it was a good team, I enjoyed everything
Pros
free lunches
Cons
learning experience
great place to have a work experience
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland19 April 2016
As a culinary student, I worked a short period of time at the hotel for my work experience. It was great since I had a chance to widen my culinary knowledge learned from school and hone my practical skills such as knife skills and mise-en-place preparation. It was also wonderful to have an opportunity to work with talented, culturally-diverse chefs around the world. All students should have a work experience like this.
Pros
free meals
Cons
it would be an asset, if can work fast.
fun working place and productive
Internship (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland16 April 2016
i have learnt alot and improved my skills. this is best place to kick start new life. co worker are very helpfull.The Langham Hotel is a five-star hotel in Auckland, New Zealand. Formerly named the Sheraton Auckland Hotel
Biggest and most luxurious Hotel I have worked with
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Auckland16 March 2016
Such a beautiful hotel, truly five star but too much bureaucracy, not well paid at all. I don't recommend this place at all, though It's an opportunity to work in such a grand hotel.
Pros
Free dinner, Free parking
Cons
Too many bosses, minimum wages
Pastry Chef the Partie (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N17 November 2015
Very busy work day.
I have learn to be more responsable.
The hardest part is when function and buffet are busy.
Freedom about doing new thing.
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
Missing comunication
fun and friendly work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N5 August 2015
Very fun work place with friendly people. I learned to do room attendant, laundry and public work in the housekeeping department. My co-workers are so friendly, we worked together they also help me and show me how to do work. The most enjoyable part of the job is cleaning.
challenging and fast paced work
Food and beverage attendant (Former Employee) –  auckland30 March 2015
hands on meeting customers needs.Learn something new everyday,management is fair,co workers reasonable.dealing with complaints.interacting with customers.
Pros
uniform and staff meals provided
Cons
less then two hours notice to call me into work on my days off..
Fun and interesting work place
Security officer with over 15 years experience. (Former Employee) –  Auckland New Zealand28 February 2015
I worked 12 hour shifts on a 4 on 4 off routine. I enjoyed working with my colleagues there. I was proud to be employed by The Langham. As one of three security officers employed there, I was entrusted with the safety and security of the hotel guests, environment and colleagues.
I was good at my job.
Pros
Free lunch. Great colleagues.
Cons
12 hour shifts can be a drag.