Langham Hotel
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Langham Hotel Employee Reviews

New Zealand28 reviews
I loved my time with Langham as everyone treated each other like family. Everyday at Langham was enjoyable because you get to meet new and different people everyday, sometimes even celebrities.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
nothing
Getting to meet people from all over the world staying at this 5 star hotel means we need to give them high quality customer service. my daily duties would be to serve food and clear tables, barista making and also working in the bar and a cashier.
The people that work there are from all over the world so there is a diverse range and are all very friendly and enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Working there for my first time was hard but getting to two week of my job i got use to it it was full with kind and friendly people Langham hotel is a good company where you can find amd meet new people you havent met before
Pros
they gave us free lunch
Cons
and gave us long hours
Friendly working staff and management with working benefits such as food and other incentives. fun to work environment with different people from different cultures.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Unpredictable working hours
The company history and culture is amazing. To be part of that history and the 5 star level of service that the hotel and staff provide has been an honor
In Langham I worked in Banquet department got chance to attend lots of high class events such as award shows and exhibition. I would say Langham has given me a great learning experience.
Not ideal workplace that I would recommend it to everyone. HR is too strict and does not treat everyone equally.Employer makes fake promises to sponsor for work visa.They don't pay well to experienced staff. Employees are not allowed to be in hotel after work.Managers and Directors can take and steal anything.But the staff at lower level cannot even take a pen outside.They should treat everyone equally. Not much friendly Staff. Employees don't treat well to each other. And they so call all this 5 star service. When you can't make your employees happy how can you expect your customers to be happy.
great team work and everyone help each other no matter how hard the day is we achieve our NPS and tasks for the particular day with the support. We always give important to our values and maintain them and we beleive that our values always makes our mission easier.
Pros
staff meal free
Cons
extra shifts maximum 2 hrs
Great place to start in hospitality industry, especially for a 5 star establishment. Supportive team, always learning on the job. Most enjoyable part was meeting people from all walks of life, multi-cultural team, work benefits, and team talks.
I have held a few jobs in the last couple of years and each of them including The Langham brand/ hotel made me gained a lot of experience and valuable knowledge.
The Langham generally was an ok place to work . Getting free lunches every day was an added bonus. The chance for future development into supervisor or management role could have been better for those who have worked there for a few years rather than bringing in new staff.
Hard working job especially for salary staff its a difficult place.
UN pleasant executive chef.

Almost all the good chef team left their job in one year Time
I had an amazing learning experience. different cultures and met a lot of amazing people. it was a great opportunity to work there
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours only if you want ot
enjoyed the different cultures and learning experience. I learned a lot at the Langham hotel.
it was a good team, I enjoyed everything
Pros
free lunches
Cons
learning experience
As a culinary student, I worked a short period of time at the hotel for my work experience. It was great since I had a chance to widen my culinary knowledge learned from school and hone my practical skills such as knife skills and mise-en-place preparation. It was also wonderful to have an opportunity to work with talented, culturally-diverse chefs around the world. All students should have a work experience like this.
Pros
free meals
Cons
it would be an asset, if can work fast.
i have learnt alot and improved my skills. this is best place to kick start new life. co worker are very helpfull.The Langham Hotel is a five-star hotel in Auckland, New Zealand. Formerly named the Sheraton Auckland Hotel
Such a beautiful hotel, truly five star but too much bureaucracy, not well paid at all. I don't recommend this place at all, though It's an opportunity to work in such a grand hotel.
Pros
Free dinner, Free parking
Cons
Too many bosses, minimum wages
Very busy work day.
I have learn to be more responsable.

The hardest part is when function and buffet are busy.

Freedom about doing new thing.
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
Missing comunication
Very fun work place with friendly people. I learned to do room attendant, laundry and public work in the housekeeping department. My co-workers are so friendly, we worked together they also help me and show me how to do work. The most enjoyable part of the job is cleaning.
hands on meeting customers needs.Learn something new everyday,management is fair,co workers reasonable.dealing with complaints.interacting with customers.
Pros
uniform and staff meals provided
Cons
less then two hours notice to call me into work on my days off..
I worked 12 hour shifts on a 4 on 4 off routine. I enjoyed working with my colleagues there. I was proud to be employed by The Langham. As one of three security officers employed there, I was entrusted with the safety and security of the hotel guests, environment and colleagues.
I was good at my job.
Pros
Free lunch. Great colleagues.
Cons
12 hour shifts can be a drag.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Langham Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.
Langham Hotel Reviews by Location