Lidl Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Found 136 reviews matching the search See all 5,459 reviews
Productive place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warwickshire18 November 2019
A good place to work if you don't have any other commitments and want to earn good money. Hours are a bit unsociable and there is always overtime if wanted.
hardworking and excelnt growth oppertunities
Sales Assistant/Training Mentor - LIDL (Current Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow13 September 2019
every store is fairly independently run and different and runs best when everyone is working efficiently, the roles are varied and management will recognise strengths, i learned a lot about my strengths and work ethic. management can bed amazing and respond well to hard workers.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool12 September 2019
Enjoyable atmosphere with new tasks each shift, which include hitting revenue targets on a daily basis and ensuring customer service was quick and efficient, whilst undergoing various kind of shift patterns.
Avoid
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gravesend, Kent22 July 2019
You work hard,they will still put more pressure,will be unhappy and finish your contract without a reason.Expectations are very high you have to litteraly run around the shop all day with heavy stock.
Good wage, but slack management
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield18 July 2019
Slack inconsistant management. A very hard job as you work for your money, however the wage is good.
Okay place work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside14 July 2019
Managers talks down to you , lidi made me feel depressed
My job in Lidi is the shortest time I've ever stayed in job
Very friendly staff at all times
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bedlington, Northumberland3 July 2019
I always use Lidl i always find the staff are always happy & always happy to help. Would like to work there as its a lovley big shop with some lovley staff in i also love to work in retail.
Productivity
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 June 2019
Great work environment with an excellent training program. Leaving you with a full understanding of your job description and what is expected of an employee in a thriving business.
Awful company to me.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham25 May 2019
Awful manager in store and shouted a lot. Cut hours every week saying stores not doing very good and have to reduce hours ???!!!!

Snooty management not sure who they think they are
Never again
Pros
Cons
Management in store are awful
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Ross, County Wexford24 May 2019
Customer service/ Till operations/ Cash handling

Customer service skills/ Till operations skills/ Communication skills

Good management

Fast paced and productive
Horrible matcho alpha male bullying culture would
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barnstaple, Devon24 May 2019
Lidl is a horrific place to work. All the targets for working stock etc are unrealistic and you are constantly harassed and bullied if you can't meet them. Its a vile borderline sexist ,racist homophobic, opressive alpha male dominated atmosphere that would have seemed dated in the 1980s!
No interest is given to your qualifications or how you could develop a career& no training like other big companies for progression.
Managers are rude beyond comprehension to the average person and they rely on a culture of fear to motivate people. Disciplinary is a threat every shift for minor things.
I only work there part time luckily and I am actively searching for new employment . Advice to any recent graduates don't bother applying to work here! Its so bad I'm surprised its legal!!
The slightly higher wages aren't worth the stress.
Also promotion internally is based on whether your line manager likes you or not. To have a fair impartial recruitment process ,they would have to treat internal candidates the same as external and base the decision on whether to offer a job/promotion purely on interview. If you already currently work for the company and for example you want to apply for assistant store manager they will contact your current line manager. If you don't get on with your line manager they will have a 'quiet word' with the people conducting the interview and no matter how well you perform in the interview there will be no promotion!!!! I'm sure its against equal opportunities legislation but if you challenge them as a company they just deny it!!
Pros
Taking as much time off as possible
Cons
Everything else
not so fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London22 May 2019
I worked in the day time at start. The work was alright I managed to complet my task. Later I got moved to the night, much harder and hactic as compared to the day shift as we also had lack of staff, and obviously less time too.

working at lidl I saw true demonstration of team work as in the night the whole team sorted their task and worked like a team.

The management is not really up to the mark.

well if you don't recruit enough staff in the company all the job obviously becomes hard.

the work collegues were very helpful and jolly.
Pros
good salary
Cons
less staff, lot of work
Avoid
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 May 2019
Don't be fooled by the hourly rate, yes its generous but you will be expected to work yourself into the ground for it. Very little chance of progression despite what they may say when you apply, always understaffed and security is just a joke! I love variety but it was physically impossible for me to complete all the tasks set out from covering a till to working deliveries, and if it wasnt done by the end of your shift you were made to feel guilty for it!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lack of consistent hours, workload, atmosphere
Paid Labour
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham17 April 2019
They work you far to hard, expect far to much to be done impossibly fast, within Lidl you have to do all job roles at once which is why you barely see any staff around the store. If the store is busy then you will find all the staff on the tills, this is why a lot of products become off sale because they wont put more than 7 people of shift together to increase money productivity. The management do not care about you, if you have an issue you will be told "that is why we pay you more than any other supermarket and if you do not like it, you are very easily replaceable as you are just a number"
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgend18 March 2019
If you want a job where you feel like you're nothing more than a statistic, this is the job for you. Redeemed by having some brilliant statistics working alongside you, some days may be passable
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Topo many to mention
Hard work but rewarding
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pinner11 March 2019
Extremely hard work in London stores, wouldn't recommend if you have young family

worked there as a student for four years, and it was good at the time
Pros
pay
Cons
long long loooonngg hours
sold alchahol to minors
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow28 February 2019
the shop had a bad reputation of selling alchahahol to minors was not a fun place to wark manager was a bully overall not a great place to work dont advise applying
Varied
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Denbigh, Denbighshire26 February 2019
Varied work carried out. Had time pressure to complete tasks in required time. Had test trollies and codes to learn for fruit and veg. Minimum staff on shift.
rubbish and lazy management
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Longton, Staffordshire6 January 2019
I assumed moving from a dirty little store to a brand new store in the same area would change the lazy childish management's attitude to their staff. How wrong I was. cannot wait to leave.
Pros
nothing
Cons
childish management too big for their boots
Small contract, good management, nice people to work with
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire6 January 2019
Well Im pretty surprised to see some of the negative reviews. To be honest I think it all depends on the management and how busy the store is.

I started four months ago on a low contract and never have had a problem. The management are very understanding to my needs etc as I can only work school hours. Ive never been hassled to stay later because they already know I cant stay till after 3pm.

Overall so far I enjoy working there as I only do afew hours over 3 days and usually on the till.

Ive been lucky because the store is very close to school/nursery and home.
Pros
Pay and benefits, good management, nice friendly staff
Cons
Unpaid short break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lidl. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K