Linwood College Employee Reviews

3.0Pay & Benefits
Very productive, busy work environment with opportunities to excel your skills
No day was the same at Linwood College. Working with students from year 9 - 13 on an everyday basis you had to learn fast and quick. Be prepared for any situation or challenge.
I had learnt alot about working in a library, to work along side youths, learning to be patient as well as professional. I had also worked alot with the admin department and learnt a great deal of how schools need to work. Also doing work for the Deputy Principal, which included administration work, Planning, working with groups of up to 30 or more students a day.
The hardest part of the job was seperating your personal opinions and being professional when it came to dealing with difficult students or staff members. But I had enjoyed every aspect of working within the college as it had helped me develop my skills, attitude and professionalism. Working alongside different cultures was a bonus. Learning and being proactive withing the Polynesian and Maori groups was an amazing learning experience. But this had not limited me to just these cultures as it is a very diverse college and I had adapted well to any culture or person/s.
My most enjoyalble experience was working with all of the students at Linwood College especailly the Pasifika students for their Polynesian performances, which included a mixture of 36 year9 to 13 students who were dedicated to performing against other schools.
For me it was a real challenge of organising the students, incorperating and maintaining the disclipine, teaching time management, communicating as well as liasioning with primary/ staff members, parents and people in the
  more... community to support the students or college. It was a great challenge for both the students and me and I was very proud to have taken up such a challenge and succeed.  less
Pros
building respect and relationships with staff and students
Cons
not enough dedication or support from the main pasifika liasion or head of pasifika department.