Linwood College
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Linwood College Employee Reviews

New Zealand3 reviews
Overall. It's a great school. I could imagine it'd be great to work there as a teacher. Everyone is friendly. The environment is great. Everyone contributes & the teachers are very closely knit, to ensure the best for the students.
I chose to be a librarian to pass my time in high school it wasn't that major of a job. I didn't get paid but got a lot of experience in how to handle different types of people
No day was the same at Linwood College. Working with students from year 9 - 13 on an everyday basis you had to learn fast and quick. Be prepared for any situation or challenge.
I had learnt alot about working in a library, to work along side youths, learning to be patient as well as professional. I had also worked alot with the admin department and learnt a great deal of how schools need to work. Also doing work for the Deputy Principal, which included administration work, Planning, working with groups of up to 30 or more students a day.

The hardest part of the job was seperating your personal opinions and being professional when it came to dealing with difficult students or staff members. But I had enjoyed every aspect of working within the college as it had helped me develop my skills, attitude and professionalism. Working alongside different cultures was a bonus. Learning and being proactive withing the Polynesian and Maori groups was an amazing learning experience. But this had not limited me to just these cultures as it is a very diverse college and I had adapted well to any culture or person/s.

My most enjoyalble experience was working with all of the students at Linwood College especailly the Pasifika students for their Polynesian performances, which included a mixture of 36 year9 to 13 students who were dedicated to performing against other schools.

For me it was a real challenge of organising the students, incorperating and maintaining the disclipine, teaching time management, communicating as well as liasioning with primary/ staff members, parents and people in the
 - more...
Pros
building respect and relationships with staff and students
Cons
not enough dedication or support from the main pasifika liasion or head of pasifika department.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Linwood College?