lovisa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

lovisa Employee Reviews

New Zealand6 reviews
DO NOT RECOMMEND.
They way they treat their staff is disgusting, have been in the company for many years and each year it gets worse. The turn over rate is incredibly high, no cameras instore but instead accuse their own team of theft. A team member at my store had her job threatened as thousands of dollars went missing and when they found out who actually stole the money they didn't even apologize, yet continued to act like everything was fine. Even after thousands of dollars being stolen they still haven't put cameras in the store. Highly unprofessional work environment and unrealistic KPI targets.
Pros
Cons
The whole company
I working at lovisa enjoyed it because I did purchase a lot of products from there. One thing I didn't agree was I am not a person to where a lot of makeup. So when I got told that I had to wear a full face of makeup the next day that I worked and returned to work the next day with the bare minimum of make up I received a verbal warning in which I decided to leave that job.
Learnt how to open and close the store. Handled a few stressful situations but handled them calmly and made each customer walk out satisfied and happy
- I found Lovisa is an awful place to work
- they hire based off looks

- they don't care about mental health or physical health

- They push you around

- They only care if you sell heaps of things
Pros
Discount, some fun people
Cons
Long hours, stock take
I enjoyed working in a small team where everyone could communicate freely. hours flow quickly as you are always busy. you get a great employee discount. I enjoy working with customers more because I would actually buy the stuff I'm selling lol.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
inconsistent hours
I needed a part time job while attending uni and the hours provided were suitable for this. It was a fun environment to work in
Pros
good working environment
Cons
cannot pick up hours