Lumino The Dentists
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Lumino The Dentists Employee Reviews for Dental Assistant

Dental Assistant3 reviews
New Zealand3 reviews
After working in a clinical environment for 1 year, i personally feel that my training was lacking, i came from an Arts background and was willing to learn and improve. unfortunately my first week of work was just to "shadow" other dental assistants. didn't really get any kind of on hand training until my third week in. When i tried to upskill my manager said that "it was unneeded" and that I should just stick with what im doing now.
Pros
free dental cleans, reduced charges on checkups
Cons
long 12 hour shifts on thursdays, work depends on dentist availability
Pay discrimination throughout the organization.
No job security. One moment your a full time employee and couple of months later you get a letter of restructure and hours are halved.

Race based promotions.
Pros
Cons
No future for growth
My job was extremely busy but very rewarding! Patients were my top priority, making them feel as comfortable as possible, caring for there individual needs, I was empathetic, sensitive, happy and positive towards each patient.

My co-workers were all lovely people, I enjoyed seeing them each day. We had fun even though we were all busy.

I have learned that patience should always be strong and that people do care!

The most enjoyable part of my job was when we had very nervous, upset patients at the start of there appointment, when treated and finished, they were happy, calm, sometimes even laughing! They were looking forward to coming back to see us.

Reception & administration for a large practice was hard at times, talking to patients and making them feel welcome is easy for me, I treat people the way I would like to treated and I always put there needs first!
Pros
Special rates for staff members.
Cons
Long hours, missing my children, not being home for them.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lumino The Dentists?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lumino The Dentists. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6