Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group

Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Employee Reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Annual Dinner, Colleague Appreciation Dinner and Job Swap, In House Training, Outside Training, Department of the Month Award and Long Service Award.

Where else you can serve VVIP, Movie Star, Celebrities and Leaders of the world, only at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, they might later become your friend, under protocol but still can be cool to them.

Ottimo

Ottimo posto di lavoro, si impara tanto e ci si sente costantemente apprezzati

its a good stable company

the system in place is old but working nicely. very routine-based work. the food for employees is good, recommended. Many people work for years there. management can be a bit slow

Good and worked here for a year

I worked here for a year and felt that it was a good place during this time. I decided to move to a different industry afterwards but have enjoyed my time

Competitive

My side this is the place that good for working. And good benefits for the staff, understanding the value of culture. most i like it is good business

Great experience!

I have worked at MO Shanghai and KL. The experience was great! Management was very supportive and they were willing to spend time with you and teach you what you need to know. Orientation prepared everything u need to know.

Ekip güzel çalışırken paylaşmak işleri kolaylaştırır

Benim çalıştığım dönemde harika bir ekiple çalıştığım için şanslıyım, disiplinli, müşteri memnuniyeti önemli ve çalışanına değer veren bir kurum

Pros

Yemeğe, kahve, çay ve servis hizmeti veren bir kurum

Cons

Maaşların kesintisi biraz fazla geldi benim için

Good job culture

Upper management is very good. They treat you with respect. Workers say hello to each others and treat themselves cordially (most of the time). There is a problem with staffing though. We had several moments were you find yourself working double shift to cover other people calling out sick. Overall is a good place to work. It is a nice work environment where almost everybody treat each other with respect.

I had a wonderful manager

I worked a long time ago at the hotel, and I’m when I did my direct manager was (as still is) a very talented and wonderful person so it made my job very easy

Good management

Experienced staffs with good heart, good atmosphere, good hearted staffIt always fun having friendly colleagues. I learned something new everyday. It teaches me how to be professional.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short breaks

Good Experience

I did two internship with the company. Very good to learn about their standard. And overall good experience in the industry. I will consider returning in the future.

fun work place

good working place lots of new things to learn staffs friendly , a place to grow your career. good mentoring to do better job. but can be better on work life balance.

Pros

learn new things

Cons

long working hours

Luxury hotel brand to work for, a lot of things to learn (which is a good thing). Job promotion system is not very transparent

A lot of things to learn as there are always rich people who want to spend money in a million ways. You can see and learn a lot of high-end products and stuffs, such as food and beverage/ hotel room amenities/ different service requests…etc.This luxury hotel brand is very low key, even if the promotion system is the same.

Pros

Free meal a day. Access to high-end products and stuffs.

Cons

Job promotion is not transparent. Always overtime. Team members are not helpful, but self-centered.

Job security and employee development

The company focus on training/developing for everyone, there are online test annually to ensure everyone in same goals/company culture believe. Many on site training will arrange every quarter by HR department

Pros

Work like balance

Cons

Slow paced

Oppressive

You'll be OK as lo gas you are prepared to drop your home life at a seco ds notice and go to work on your off shift days and work all the time without complaint, also don't every tell them your are ill or as I did tell them you have ASD, they will work you out at the shortest time

Pros

Cons

Expectations

Excellent workplace! Feels like your second home!

Mandarin Oriental London family works together to be the best and give the best! Luxurious five star hotel with five star people and all make it complete, makes it happen.

Pros

Bonuses, free lunches, friendly staff, great managers

ambiente di lavoro stimolante

consiglio a chi ama il settore dell'hotellerie di fare una esperienza al Mandarin. si impara e si cresce tantissimo

5 Star but Toxic

Toxic work culture approved by GM and Executive Commitee.Senior management taking advantage of their benefit.They talk bad about employees behind closed doors.Sad employees meals especially if you are working on the weekends.Good working system as a hotel but hotel condition not worth it as a luxiry hotel.

Mandarin

The job pays really well; but is not worth your mental health. Over worked and underappreciated. HR does not hear your issue to understand but just to go on record as they "investigated" your issue.

Pros

Good pay, offers lunch, holiday Pay, PTO/Sick hours

Cons

Over worked, you have to fight for time off, limit training, union workers are always right

productive and fun work

good working environment, nice place stong team worktake care for all staff, no benefit be deducted although now have covid-19, highly recommended just in MD Team.

Eğlenceli ortam samimi ortam

Elaman değer veren yöneticiler sıcak kanlı güler yüzlü

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?