Manukau Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland5 March 2019
Was a good place to work for. Very friendly people who are willing to lend a hand when it's needed. Not too much hard work is given. Very enjoyable place to work.
Sector under review
Customer Services Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Otara, Auckland16 December 2018
Great company if money wasn't so tight.
Cuts everywhere in every department.
Several restructures per year.
Facilities could be improved if funding was available.
Pros
Good working hours and a good location for living in South Auckland.
Cons
Cuts everywhere in every department.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland21 November 2018
Every Friday I would spend my day at MIT learning new different things about administration work. I gained no money as it was only worth NCEA Level 2 credits.
Pros
Different range of ethnicity
Fun environment
Student Leader and Liaison (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland5 November 2018
.MIT is a fun and academic place to work at, The management is good and study and work at MIT is fun and earn at the same time. MIT working culture is respectful to the diverse range of students. The most enjoyable time is that no one day is the same and everyone is family.
Pros
happy environment
Cons
not enough hours
Not bad
Computer Tutor (First Step (Former Employee) –  Auckland21 September 2018
If you are wanting to work for a 9-5 job then this is a place for you. In my experience its a very micromanaged and you do not have the opportunity to grow if you're looking at higher level opportunities.
Pros
Closer to everything
Cons
Not many opportunities to grow
Very good work environment
Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland11 May 2018
Great workplace culture. very supportive management.

Manukau Institute of Technology supported all staff to up-skill as required to ensure efficiency.
Fun workplace
Carpenter or hammerhand (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland11 May 2018
At the moment,i study carpentery level 3 at Manukau Institute of Technology and I'm looking forward to work in a construction company as a builder or become a professional carpenter
Pros
Free lunch
A samll school
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland6 March 2018
The robot is good for encouraging students' study. Provide practical study for future job hunting. However, their devices are old and not very good maintenance. As a part time research assistant, I do not have work space in the campus.
Cons
limit workspace.
They think outside the box
Live Sound Engineer/ "on Call" Staff member (Current Employee) –  Otara, Auckland9 January 2018
The team are fun and open. They are willing to support and help at any time.

I used to do Weight-Lifting at school, as a prop, this supported me to play the position better. People look at me (I am 6'3' tall) for physical strength and Height support.

All the companies I worked for have the same ethics as myself of treating people well and being nice to one another. Treat people like how you would like to be treated is easy, especially if you have great teams to work with.
Pros
Learnt new skills
Cons
Sore feet, Waiting around for people to arrive
Productive and knowledgable
Note taker (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland3 January 2018
being part of this organisation taught me so much. learning things i never knew and also being able to use my ability to help someone who doesn't have the ability to. This organisation taught me to be more open and knowing my surroundings and being able to help those in need. Enjoyable part is meeting different kinds of personalities and being part of a team who loves to do the same thing as me.
Pros
good environment
Excellent teaching staff and team work
Programme Leader (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland3 January 2018
As Programme Leader I maintained the quality of the Bachelor of Health Science (Nursing) degree programme for the education and training of graduates who are competent and safe beginner nurse practitioners. I led the development and evaluation of praxis assessment tool for the BHSc(Nursing) Programme to meet Nursing Council requirements. I taught various papers at undergraduate and post graduate level
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Community focused workplace; Student centred staff
Dean (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland3 January 2018
There are no typical days at work as each day brings a new challenge or initiative to deal with. The work culture is excellent with a strong focus on clients and team work. Over the years I learned how to motivate people, how to lead and how to develop staff while managing scarce resources. I developed my financial acumen and learned how to work more effectively with financial resources. I also developed strong stakeholder and industry relationships and networks. I enjoyed working with staff and students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and from a range of socioeconomic backgrounds. My work at Manukau Institute of Technology gave me the opportunity to be well grounded in the Treaty of Waitangi and bi-culturalism.
Pros
Flexible hours; close to home; Excellent work culture; Great team work
Cons
TEC under funding of Tertiary Education is hampering growth and potential
self managed work
Senior Lecturer (Current Employee) –  nz manukau21 October 2017
A typical day: plan your teaching, print notes or update canvas, mark assignment, teach in class.
Every batch of students is different, different in learning style.
The boss don't care much of what you do or how you do as long as no students complain, so no pressure, no stress, just do your work.
its a god place
stuying Bachelor in Sport and Exercise Science (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland14 September 2017
I have course from monday to wednesday in which i study from 9 - 3pm then going home to study somemore followed by rugby training . the rest of the week inviloves studying school materail church material and rugb games on saturday. sunday is church
Friendly and approachable staff
MIT GUIDE (Former Employee) –  Manukau Institute of Technology19 December 2016
Meet a variety of students and lecturers of all nationalities. Administration staff are very friendly and approachable. Security and cleaners are easy to talk to.
Pros
Meeting of different nationalities
Cons
Language barrier
Productive and fun workplace
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Otara, Auckland11 December 2016
I worked as a Peer Mentor part time while studying Foundation Education and Bachelor of nursing at Manukau Institute of Technology. Setting up tables and stalls was the hardest part of the job. My most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with special guests and performers and looking after them by making sure they were comfortable and fed while visiting the campus. My work colleagues were other students that were studying at Manukau Institute of Technology.
Pros
Free food and beverages
Cons
cleaning up after special events
fun workplace
Student Leader (Former Employee) –  Auckland5 December 2016
A typical day at work would start of with a group debrief of what we'd have to do for the day and than we would carry on with our allocated tasks.
This line of work allowed me to build my confidence when working meeting new people. I always looked forward to working an event because I enjoyed working alongside each student leader.
I felt that the hardest part of the job was catching people's attention and ensuring they understood the message that you are trying to deliver.
Pros
great team
Cons
non-definite working hours
work
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Location at Manukau Institute of Technology*8 May 2016
typical as a worker to ensure safety work environment and to understand instructions clearly to complete the task. Time management and organize preplan to help make your job at hand run more efficiently.Work well with the co-worker to help out as a team and the hardest part of the day is not being prepared when something uninspected pops up when we have to think quickly on our feet.
High Performing Team
Programme Administrator (Current Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland26 April 2016
Here at MIT we have 7 faculties, I am currently employed under the Faculty of Business & IT. We are a high performing team and are the benchmark across the institute for all the other faculties. Our Admin Manager gives us total ownership of how we do things in order to bring about a high level of productivity. We have great team dynamics when it comes to simplifying internal processes so as to maintain and improve effectiveness and efficiency both from an operational standpoint and to enhance the customer experience.
Pros
We have lots of morning tea celebrations.
Cons
Limited room to advance in job roles.
Excellent work environment
IAM OPERATOR/ INVIGILATOR FOR IELTS EXAM (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland18 April 2016
I am enjoying my work there, overall experience is outstanding. All the co-workers are supportive.

My supervisor is very supportive. He is always there for helping all the employees. I faced hard time at job several times, one day the camera was not connecting with the system, there was a fault due to that I was not able to register the candidates. I remained calm and handled the situation. I restarted everything and connected again and after so many attempts. It was working properly. My supervisor and the examiners present on that day, really supported me.