Manukau Institute of Technology
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Manukau Institute of Technology Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland16 reviews
Great workplace culture. very supportive management.

Manukau Institute of Technology supported all staff to up-skill as required to ensure efficiency.
Every Friday I would spend my day at MIT learning new different things about administration work. I gained no money as it was only worth NCEA Level 2 credits.
Pros
Different range of ethnicity
Cons
If you are wanting to work for a 9-5 job then this is a place for you. In my experience its a very micromanaged and you do not have the opportunity to grow if you're looking at higher level opportunities.
Pros
Closer to everything
Cons
Not many opportunities to grow
At the moment,i study carpentery level 3 at Manukau Institute of Technology and I'm looking forward to work in a construction company as a builder or become a professional carpenter
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The robot is good for encouraging students' study. Provide practical study for future job hunting. However, their devices are old and not very good maintenance. As a part time research assistant, I do not have work space in the campus.
Cons
limit workspace.
As Programme Leader I maintained the quality of the Bachelor of Health Science (Nursing) degree programme for the education and training of graduates who are competent and safe beginner nurse practitioners. I led the development and evaluation of praxis assessment tool for the BHSc(Nursing) Programme to meet Nursing Council requirements. I taught various papers at undergraduate and post graduate level
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
There are no typical days at work as each day brings a new challenge or initiative to deal with. The work culture is excellent with a strong focus on clients and team work. Over the years I learned how to motivate people, how to lead and how to develop staff while managing scarce resources. I developed my financial acumen and learned how to work more effectively with financial resources. I also developed strong stakeholder and industry relationships and networks. I enjoyed working with staff and students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and from a range of socioeconomic backgrounds. My work at Manukau Institute of Technology gave me the opportunity to be well grounded in the Treaty of Waitangi and bi-culturalism.
Pros
Flexible hours; close to home; Excellent work culture; Great team work
Cons
TEC under funding of Tertiary Education is hampering growth and potential
I have course from monday to wednesday in which i study from 9 - 3pm then going home to study somemore followed by rugby training . the rest of the week inviloves studying school materail church material and rugb games on saturday. sunday is church
A typical day at work would start of with a group debrief of what we'd have to do for the day and than we would carry on with our allocated tasks.
This line of work allowed me to build my confidence when working meeting new people. I always looked forward to working an event because I enjoyed working alongside each student leader.

I felt that the hardest part of the job was catching people's attention and ensuring they understood the message that you are trying to deliver.
Pros
great team
Cons
non-definite working hours
I am enjoying my work there, overall experience is outstanding. All the co-workers are supportive.

My supervisor is very supportive. He is always there for helping all the employees. I faced hard time at job several times, one day the camera was not connecting with the system, there was a fault due to that I was not able to register the candidates. I remained calm and handled the situation. I restarted everything and connected again and after so many attempts. It was working properly. My supervisor and the examiners present on that day, really supported me.
The people is extremely friendly, nice environment with high-tech implement.

Less supervisor to teacher, so I did not feel extra stress to teach student.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Local student do not care about attendance in the class
I learnt how to do Decimal and Place Value
Time and 24 hour Time

Problem Solving

Percentages

Fractions

and also i learn the reasons of Health and Wellbeing for Adults and young children and Personal and Family Relationships
Pros
I had to take my own lunch in
Cons
Long hours and days
Working with different people from different culture's is so hard but I can manage to communicate and respect them . Employee are so lovely, friendly and also kindness its only that but their smiley faces and the way they treat me makes me feel welcome
Pros
both job they offer me free lunch every time i work
Cons
I work only 8 hrs but if they need overtime I can able to work
I worked experienced people who new how to do the jobs they did.
Pros
Nice enviroment to work in.
Cons
Not enough hours of work for me.
Every day was busy and fun, I learnt how to interact with different people being confident in talking, learnt what Manukau Institute of Technology was about, I learned how to file and file on the computer and I learnt how to work as a team.

Management was wonderful they kept everyone up to date on work and what was changing, they made sure all the staff was happy and well supported.

My co-workers were lovely very supportive and helpful, when advice was given it helped if there was a problem.

The hardest part of the Job was constantly being on the phone.

Most enjoyable part of the job was to work with different people every day, work with different cultures and meet new people.
Pros
Finishing early, free brunches and goodies pack
Cons
Reasonable long hours
its very challenging but as a student i have always worked efficiently and with honesty.
i have always helped my tutors in any kind of work at the institute.my tutors are very trust worthy because they always helped me when i was in need.