Manukau Institute of Technology
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Manukau Institute of Technology Employee Reviews in Manukau City, Auckland

Manukau City, Auckland12 reviews
1. Technology is used in education, class room is example
2. Student come to know in screen class schedule

3. Online based study

4. Student-teacher friendly environment
Pros
Good environment for teacher and student
Cons
Some relax student
Was a good place to work for. Very friendly people who are willing to lend a hand when it's needed. Not too much hard work is given. Very enjoyable place to work.
.MIT is a fun and academic place to work at, The management is good and study and work at MIT is fun and earn at the same time. MIT working culture is respectful to the diverse range of students. The most enjoyable time is that no one day is the same and everyone is family.
Pros
happy environment
Cons
not enough hours
being part of this organisation taught me so much. learning things i never knew and also being able to use my ability to help someone who doesn't have the ability to. This organisation taught me to be more open and knowing my surroundings and being able to help those in need. Enjoyable part is meeting different kinds of personalities and being part of a team who loves to do the same thing as me.
Pros
good environment
A typical day: plan your teaching, print notes or update canvas, mark assignment, teach in class.
Every batch of students is different, different in learning style.

The boss don't care much of what you do or how you do as long as no students complain, so no pressure, no stress, just do your work.
Meet a variety of students and lecturers of all nationalities. Administration staff are very friendly and approachable. Security and cleaners are easy to talk to.
Pros
Meeting of different nationalities
Cons
Language barrier
typical as a worker to ensure safety work environment and to understand instructions clearly to complete the task. Time management and organize preplan to help make your job at hand run more efficiently.Work well with the co-worker to help out as a team and the hardest part of the day is not being prepared when something uninspected pops up when we have to think quickly on our feet.
Here at MIT we have 7 faculties, I am currently employed under the Faculty of Business & IT. We are a high performing team and are the benchmark across the institute for all the other faculties. Our Admin Manager gives us total ownership of how we do things in order to bring about a high level of productivity. We have great team dynamics when it comes to simplifying internal processes so as to maintain and improve effectiveness and efficiency both from an operational standpoint and to enhance the customer experience.
Pros
We have lots of morning tea celebrations.
Cons
Limited room to advance in job roles.
At Faculty of Business & IT (MIT), i was exposed to blend of New Zealand work-culture, morals & ethical values, rational decision-making, along with life-long skills and kiwi colloquialisms. With cooperative and dedicated admin team of MIT, i never missed my family, involved with diverse admin general and challenging tasks which improved my overall personality.
Pros
Polite and cooperative staff
non for profit.
what i learned was always keep an open mind.

co-workers very helpful and supportive in all areas.

most enjoyable part was working together as a team
Pros
free lunch and hanging out with all memberss
Cons
long meeting hours
My time at Manukau Institute of Technology has been the best time of my life. I would recommend to anyone to start a new future with MIT, where you know you are more than just a number. Lecturers will call you by name, and remember your face in a crowd. It's a place where you can learn all the basics; and you can use those lessons to build upon the rest of your future.
Pros
Casual Work
Cons
Net enough work
The management was very supportive and learnt more about Procurement as my Project was based on Procurement. It gave me experience in both number and theory of procurement auditing. It was a good experience in internship.
Pros
Coffee and Bread for breakfast
Cons
Long Hours