Manukau Institute of Technology
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Manukau Institute of Technology Employee Review

Community focused workplace; Student centred staff

3 January 2018
There are no typical days at work as each day brings a new challenge or initiative to deal with. The work culture is excellent with a strong focus on clients and team work. Over the years I learned how to motivate people, how to lead and how to develop staff while managing scarce resources. I developed my financial acumen and learned how to work more effectively with financial resources. I also developed strong stakeholder and industry relationships and networks. I enjoyed working with staff and students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and from a range of socioeconomic backgrounds. My work at Manukau Institute of Technology gave me the opportunity to be well grounded in the Treaty of Waitangi and bi-culturalism.
Pros
Flexible hours; close to home; Excellent work culture; Great team work
Cons
TEC under funding of Tertiary Education is hampering growth and potential
21 November 2018
Customer Service (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Every Friday I would spend my day at MIT learning new different things about administration work. I gained no money as it was only worth NCEA Level 2 credits.
Pros
Different range of ethnicity
21 September 2018
Computer Tutor (First Step (Former Employee) - Auckland
If you are wanting to work for a 9-5 job then this is a place for you. In my experience its a very micromanaged and you do not have the opportunity to grow if you're looking at higher level opportunities.
Pros
Closer to everything
Cons
Not many opportunities to grow
11 May 2018
Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Great workplace culture. very supportive management.

Manukau Institute of Technology supported all staff to up-skill as required to ensure efficiency.