Manukau Institute of Technology
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Manukau Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

New Zealand39 reviews
Great place to work with lots of flexibility, trust and respect from colleagues including management with so much support from day 1. Encouraging and inspirational. Makes one feel important to be part of their team at all times.
Pros
Enjoyed working with such good team and excellent management. Always very kind and supportive.
Cons
Short term casual contract.
I am enjoying my work there, overall experience is outstanding. All the co-workers are supportive.

My supervisor is very supportive. He is always there for helping all the employees. I faced hard time at job several times, one day the camera was not connecting with the system, there was a fault due to that I was not able to register the candidates. I remained calm and handled the situation. I restarted everything and connected again and after so many attempts. It was working properly. My supervisor and the examiners present on that day, really supported me.
I meet new students every time (day & week).
I learnt to communicate effectively with students and trying to create a positive relationships with them.

I always manage my time with student especially when I have time to help them with their academic problems.

I always trust my co-workers and I instructed them clearly before we start the work.

There was no hard part of the job except the language barrier but I can manage it.

I love working with different people because I learn something from them.
Pros
free lunches most times.
Cons
Short hours of work.
It is my own business. I learned so many things while doing my own business I learned about how to attract customers and give them good quality of work
The people is extremely friendly, nice environment with high-tech implement.

Less supervisor to teacher, so I did not feel extra stress to teach student.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Local student do not care about attendance in the class
At Faculty of Business & IT (MIT), i was exposed to blend of New Zealand work-culture, morals & ethical values, rational decision-making, along with life-long skills and kiwi colloquialisms. With cooperative and dedicated admin team of MIT, i never missed my family, involved with diverse admin general and challenging tasks which improved my overall personality.
Pros
Polite and cooperative staff
non for profit.
what i learned was always keep an open mind.

co-workers very helpful and supportive in all areas.

most enjoyable part was working together as a team
Pros
free lunch and hanging out with all memberss
Cons
long meeting hours
My time at Manukau Institute of Technology has been the best time of my life. I would recommend to anyone to start a new future with MIT, where you know you are more than just a number. Lecturers will call you by name, and remember your face in a crowd. It's a place where you can learn all the basics; and you can use those lessons to build upon the rest of your future.
Pros
Casual Work
Cons
Net enough work
The management was very supportive and learnt more about Procurement as my Project was based on Procurement. It gave me experience in both number and theory of procurement auditing. It was a good experience in internship.
Pros
Coffee and Bread for breakfast
Cons
Long Hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Manukau Institute of Technology?
This was more of a slow pace job that involved a lot of thinking. It wasn't that fun but the people were amazing and lovely. Got free lunches.
I learnt how to do Decimal and Place Value
Time and 24 hour Time

Problem Solving

Percentages

Fractions

and also i learn the reasons of Health and Wellbeing for Adults and young children and Personal and Family Relationships
Pros
I had to take my own lunch in
Cons
Long hours and days
definitely work based and treated like we were working here. time management is most Important and attendance.
Working with different people from different culture's is so hard but I can manage to communicate and respect them . Employee are so lovely, friendly and also kindness its only that but their smiley faces and the way they treat me makes me feel welcome
Pros
both job they offer me free lunch every time i work
Cons
I work only 8 hrs but if they need overtime I can able to work
I worked experienced people who new how to do the jobs they did.
Pros
Nice enviroment to work in.
Cons
Not enough hours of work for me.
A typical day at work involves helping students and staff get the most out of library resources - both print and electronic. There is also the associated admin work.
Guiding students to IT solutions is an increasingly enjoyable aspect of my day.

I particularly enjoy the challenge of matching people up with resources - and helping them succeed as students in a vibrant tertiary environment.
Pros
Plenty of opportunity for professional development
Every day was busy and fun, I learnt how to interact with different people being confident in talking, learnt what Manukau Institute of Technology was about, I learned how to file and file on the computer and I learnt how to work as a team.

Management was wonderful they kept everyone up to date on work and what was changing, they made sure all the staff was happy and well supported.

My co-workers were lovely very supportive and helpful, when advice was given it helped if there was a problem.

The hardest part of the Job was constantly being on the phone.

Most enjoyable part of the job was to work with different people every day, work with different cultures and meet new people.
Pros
Finishing early, free brunches and goodies pack
Cons
Reasonable long hours
Hard to follow night shifts - midnight to eight

Organizing and guiding teams (myself)

Management was poor (health and safety regulations)

I did enjoy meeting new people and communicated well with others
its very challenging but as a student i have always worked efficiently and with honesty.
i have always helped my tutors in any kind of work at the institute.my tutors are very trust worthy because they always helped me when i was in need.
Working at MIT as a casual receptionist. I enjoyed working in the front line, helping and assisting the students and staff in the office. I love completing set tasks and working along side the administrator.