Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Showing all 4,964 reviews

nice place to work

It's start with finding the set up's been done right, and the meals for the guest ready when they come to the Hotel, lunch time it's always a rush, and have their AM or PM breaks in time. We always learn something every day. Our managers trust us, and that a plus. Marriott culture is all about their employee's , making sure that we have a good place to work. When something goes wrong and with a little time make it wright . When the job it's well done, and the guest it's very happy with everything.

Pros

having all the equipment available

Cons

not having all the equipment .

Lots of room for improvement

Poor managementNo room for advancementPay not competitive at allGreat Performance does not equal career advancementConvenient locationJob easy to learn

Do not woth with this trash

I used to work with this trash company please if you need to get a good future do not work for them this company is kind of scammer no future and managers are really bad

Poor Management

Although the benefits were OK, the overall work experience is very poor. Working for the Marriott, you constantly have to look over your shoulder because the director will write you up over the smallest mistake forcing the the employee to through several write ups in a year. This makes the work experience feel quite hostile towards its employees. Warning do not work in Security. The company and director treat their security staff like dirt. Even if you call out, or call in late, they will write you up or fire if you don’t show up within 6 minutes of your start time. The security department had a revolving door, so many came and left in the short time I was in this department. This is a warning not to work for this company, it is a horrible experience working in a hostile environment.

Basic but clear and supportive workplace where you feel valued

Basic, every day job where your expectations are clear. Nice people to work with and easy to know how to get the job done correctly. Definitely a great place to work if you are comfortable with minimum wage pay plus great tips from vacationers and golfers.

Fun place to work!

I work in the food and beverage and I served vacation club guests and employees as well. There is a sense of belonging in my company and the managers are awesome to work with. I was lucky enough to be able to get a one weekend day off and have the best co-workers. I really miss my resort and hoping that I get to visit everyone again soon.

Horrible

Horrible management. No loyalty. They play favorites and get rid of loyal staff based off of false accusations wouldn’t recommend working for them hard work is not rewarded

Productive and fun workplace

Sometimes you see some favoritism. Besides that, if you have the right mindset and work ethic, it's a fun and rewarding place to work! For the most part, I always had a great team to work with and we're on the same page. Can't really ask for more.

Cons

A lot of young employees, which means immature drama.

Everyone is very friendly.

A great place to work. Everyone is very friendly, and helpful. Work is easy, not stressful... however it can be boring, and repetitive. Very friendly coworkers.

Pros

occasional free meal, company provided free shoes and uniforms. Workers and management very friendly and cooperative.

Cons

The patrols can be tiring due to the stair ways.. Can be boring / easy.

Tiring and demanding job with no help from management

Prepare to stand for the entire 8 hours that you're there. You're scolded for not being at the desk, but if you're on management's good side, you're not. You move up if management likes you. If there's a problem with a guest, prepare for management to compensate them to the max because the guest is more important than you.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Marriott Vacations Worldwide?

Nada difícil, si haces tu trabajo bien no te dirán nada

Estar pendiente de todo, limpiar lo que se ensucia, hacer el trabajo bien para no tener inconvenientes con los jefes y demás directivos

Great Place to work and great management

Great place to work, whole staff is amazing. Worked for the company more than 3yrs, only downside in my experience was not being able to switch shifts after 2 years

Fun work environment

It's a very fun place to work. Very lively. The only thing is meeting the target can be a bit stressful. However, the people working there especially the managers are very nice and helpful. Political issue happens everywhere so don't be surprise.k

Pros

Celebration every month

Don't do it

Low pay and zero support from so called "Senior Management". Cronyism abundant and if you are a member of a specific religion you will be treated far better.

Pros

Decent Benefits

Cons

Out of touch Senior Leadership with not much experience in their field.

Fast paced in most departments

Fast paced, lower management good to work for upper management says they care about you but its all about being better together. Qorked remote for two years now if you don't return to office you must leave in most positions in the corporate offices.

Pros

Good ins, employee appreciation week, always bringing in snacks or lunches for teams

Cons

Large work loads, ind benefits high

Don't work here

If you enjoy paying your bills, don't work here. (I made $9 per hour; I hope they've increased the pay since then.) You will be given more and more work without any sort of compensation. Even though the work can be done remotely quite easily, you will be forced to sit in a cubicle for ten hours a day. Middle management will hover over your shoulder all the time, and you will be micronanaged within an inch of your life.

fun but overworking

lazy people get hired constantly so the hard working ones get stuck doing all the work while the lazy ones get less & less work & basically get a free check. sometimes work can be fun but mostly they'll overwork you if you're good at your job.

Pros

some free lunches & some cool people

Cons

lazy people & you'll get overworked if a good worker

Great opportunities for advancement

My career, and those of many others I know, has flourished with MVW due to a culture centered around taking great care of our associates and rewarding outstanding performance with new opportunities! I highly recommend MVW as a place to work, within the hospitality industry the company is the best of the best!

Good place to work for

Marriott is a good company with great benefits. Very fast paced and busy. Management is nice and very understanding. Coworkers are great and we always work together to make our guest happy.

Fun and good money

Super great money and great place to work they really care about their employees and want you to succeed. It can be stressful but it is very worth it

Management lacking experience for their roles..

Collections management team had no collections experience and it showed. Benefits were decent. Bonus potential but management didn't like giving it out so kept changing the standards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?