Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Mars:

Mars Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,785 reviews
Learned how to be fast and accurate with your times in dealing with a customers food and to get there order out as fast as possible. Helping others was a A+ for the workplace. Dealing with customers you had to greet them politely and smile and wear your uniforms correctly to represent the place in a well mannered way, nothing hard about the workplace but most enjoyable thing is working to help others and making the workplace a great name.
Pros
Work dos at the end of the year
Cons
Good hours for work
A high pay rate with very good benefits. A lot of perks working for Mars . I worked 26 years for this company and never once regretted working there . Only downside is the swing shift which you do get used to after awhile . They pay very well for weekend work . I would rate this company A+
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Swing shift
2 out of 10. Most management isn't qualified. Playing favorites is a everyday thing. Its not what you know its who you you know. Only good thing is the benefits. Schedual is always changing. No home life balance at all!
Pros
benifits
Cons
Management, schedule, no recognition
Majority of the employees are long term and have been there for many years. They are losing great talent mainly because many of them are retiring. Everyone has been great to me and have treated me well. I am also learning something new everyday.
Pros
Very open to learn anything you desire
Cons
Swing shift is not my thing mainly because of family. For single people, this may not matter as much.
The pay, retirement, pension, health benefits, vacation, and sick leave are all amazing. The jobs are good as well. Schedule is forever changing. Management does not lead my example at all.
Pros
Pay, vacation, 401k match, pension, sick leave, discounts, company itself is great
Cons
Rotating shifts, many schedule changes, good at your job they dont let you advance upward, Thats just at the fremont plant
Tres motivé est courageux.
Aussi travailler en équipe .

Rigole est s'entendre très bien
Management not very goods. They don’t care about associates that actually work and know what they are doing. Associate been there longer than another associates. Is the new associates problem to coach the old associates. They don’t hold people accountable for anything. All they care about if u hurt someone’s feelings. Oh I hurt their feelings cuz I told them to do their job. I will never refer or ever go back to Mars Petcare. The use and abuse the hard workers. And let the lazy ones do whatever they want. Management wants to be everyone’s friend instead of managing the employees. The only thing good with Mars is the benefits. Pay sucks, reviews sucks, all the extra bs have to do to just get a 25 cent raise. Seem only way to get a raise is to kiss butt and be a cry baby. Management never on the floor seeing what is actually going on. They need to wipeout management and start fresh. I never had a good relationship with my supervisor and in the 25 yrs of manufacturing I’ve always had a good relationship. But because I never kissed butt and always told it like it was he never took me seriously. Since being gone a month. I’ve been such a better person.
I wasted time working for this company. The people where very rude and political. If you don’t fit into their click they fire you. It’s the weirdest place I’ve ever worked at. Unless you like the smell of rancid dead meat and working with it you wouldn’t enjoy working here. Oh and forget getting hired in full time here it’s not going to happen. They love taking your picture randomly and do it often unknowingly
Pros
Four day work week
Cons
Poor management, no full time positions, rancid smells, everything else
I Worked in Sanitation. I always was mico managed, also Supervisor was totally disrespectful. Called me a Fuc***g Child in front of my colleagues was totally not professional at all.
Pros
work hours
Cons
Management Doesn't live by the companys 5 principles
Muy buena empresa excelentes prestaciones...ambiente laboral aceptable ...
Flexi hours, I joined Mars as a SAP Buyer and it was an interesting job to do. I was enjoying working at Mars the culture people were very friendly and had care and respect, innovative.
The hardest job was when you have to tell the suppliers that they are expensive when you request a quote, and the law was to get 3 quotations and check the quality before you can negotiate the prices.

I didnt mind when they call me from home over the weekend when they had breakdowns to create a purchase order for them
Pros
N/a
Cons
8 hours
Se labora de forma muy fácil, rápida y tranquila, todo me gustó en Mars, excepto el salario.
Management is terrible they hire people that have no clue what they are doing. Alot of favoritism. Pay is ok. Schedule is hard on mind and body. Micromanaging. Very rarely promote from within
Pros
Pay, plenty of OT
Cons
Bad management, favoritism
Overall pay wasnt bad, hours were swing shift for me it worked well. Micro managing and favortism abound. Trying to get in permanant was a huge ordeal.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
favortism
This job is awesome. I love my team members because they don't mind helping out. I'm constantly being asked "is everything okay? Do you need anything?' I love that. It makes me feel valued. I think pay starting out could be better but I WILL NOT complain. Awesome benefits.
Pros
Benefits, decent pay and cute uniforms. Great co-workers.
Cons
Getting paid bi-weekly
Jaurai rien juste adoré être pris chez ue mais il son vraiment super je lai recommande a 100%
I liked it there but I was hired for pouch then they done away with it and moved everyone they hired for pouch. Instead of asking us where we wanted to go they just put us somewhere and I didnt like where I was put also the swing shifts were very hard for me to adjust
Pros
Great benefits, good pay
Cons
Swing shift, smell
This is a pretty good company to work for! Very good benefits, great vacation and sick leave. I just didn’t care for the swing shift, other than that I would have never left
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Swing shift
Cultura com foco em pessoas e poucos processos formais.
Mars Food specifically have issues with management and inconsistent caliber of line managers . Some line managers can be good, but some are terrible. The overall culture is that the general manager only interacts with his direct reports, leaving the other employees with very little visibility and sense of real ownership of the business. There is no focus on talent development and feedback (this is an organization that does NOT use 360 feedback in its framework - in this day in age!). It's also disappointing to see so many line managers who has known managerial issues continue to strive in the organization despite feedback given. Clear indication that they don't really care about the associates.
Pros
competitive salary in industry
Cons
Office location is far, senior management doesn't REALLY care
J'ai apprécié de travailler avec l'équipe et le gestionnaire
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mars. Our community is ready to answer.