Massey University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Massey University Employee Reviews

New Zealand43 reviews
A typical day of work is busy but engaging. I have learned to organize my work and to take a rest when possible. Workmates' interactions are enjoyable.
Overall my experience in working at Massey Uni is great.
Some work can be done remotely, working time is considered flexible.

I think they could pay you a bit more as good workers worth it!
Multi tasking, fast paced, collaborative, highly structured. An employer who encourages on going learning and training. Great working to support student success and academic excellence.
Fantastisch bedrijf om vor te werken waarbij work life balance hoog in het vaandel staan. Je de kans krijgt om door te stromen door middel van opleidingen die je mag volgen.
Lack of discipline in classrooms due to management choosing short term financial gain over long term success. A lot of lip service given but no real support
management was excellent and patient with teaching new skills and helping to improve these each session. They are understanding of student commitments and are flexible for student employees
I joined Massey as a PhD student and I worked casually since then as a Lab demonstrator and did some other casual jobs including tutoring. I enjoyed working both on my PhD and in helping students.
The research after my PhD had been different and challenging, but I enjoyed most of it.
Working as volunteer or student support/administration staff is very enjoyable. The work is well-paced well-paid, and valued. Workplace culture is very safe and energetic.
Hard but rewarding work, with great pay. Good leadership but was given plenty of opportunity to use initiative. I learnt a lot about the agricultural industry whilst working here.
The time is flexible for work. Just need to finish the work on time with 8 hours of working per day. The human welfare is really important and never stress with the work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Massey University?
-Data entry
-Work with databases and excel

Massey is a great place to work which provides good benefits and a good work environment and work progression.
Classes are good fun and a perfect learning environment for anyone and everyone. Lecturers share a lot of knowledge for all students from their previous experiences.
Tutkijalla runsaasti mahdollisuuksia osallistua kansainvälisiin konferensseihin.
My experience limited to my advisor's lab and my grant. Good relations in his lab, between labs, and between departments. Opportunities to go to conferences and to do some teaching
Learnt alot
Professiona outfit

Great support

Environment conducive to successful study

Ample resources freely and easily accessible

Great staff support
Good work life balance but low benefits. Less support from senior management team. The issues were raised but no further action when related to money.
PhD student is busy with reading academic articles and manage your own time to fulfill your study plan. It is fun to be with peer PhDiers and work with my supervisors.
During study at Massey Uni, the library staff were very supportive of my study obligations. I enjoyed meeting and assisting students from all nationalities with finding relevant research and study material.
Pros
Allowed to have library books out for months.
A vivencia em uma Universidade internacional é a mais valiosa que qualquer profissional poderia ter.
Acredito que minha experiência com projetos multidisciplinares com comunidades locais e regionais, captação de recursos financeiros, projetos de cunho social educacional, experiência de elaboração de materiais didáticos e apresentações de projetos, além da experiência internacional em sustentabilidade e meio ambiente de 1 ano e 6 meses, bem como com culturas de diversos países, possa ser útil para futuros projetos.
Pros
diversidade de culturas
Cons
dificuldade de adaptação de ritmo de trabalho, diferente do Brasil
Massey is an ideal work environment. The staff support is excellent. The campus at the Turitea location is beautiful and restful. My line managers were always professional, courteous to a fault, watchful of maintaining professionalism and did not micromanage. The acadamic environment had an eye for nurturing self teaching and expression. The work environment left latitude for your own personality to shine through.
Pros
Beautiful location
Cons
rain
feel happy to help people.
improve my own skills in the lab.

improve my knowledges for chemistry stuffs.

after this job, what i learned, first thing is feel free to talk with strangers, and don't be shy.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massey University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5