Massey University Employee Reviews

Helpful supervisor
LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New Zealand8 March 2019
The time is flexible for work. Just need to finish the work on time with 8 hours of working per day. The human welfare is really important and never stress with the work
Day at work
Data Entry Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland14 January 2019
-Data entry
-Work with databases and excel

Massey is a great place to work which provides good benefits and a good work environment and work progression.
Good schooling environment
Student (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland14 January 2019
Classes are good fun and a perfect learning environment for anyone and everyone. Lecturers share a lot of knowledge for all students from their previous experiences.
Kansainvälinen monialainen tiedeyhteisö.
Senior Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Wellington23 August 2018
Tutkijalla runsaasti mahdollisuuksia osallistua kansainvälisiin konferensseihin.
Research Postdoc
Instructor for invertebrate zoology lectures (Former Employee) –  Auckland2 February 2018
My experience limited to my advisor's lab and my grant. Good relations in his lab, between labs, and between departments. Opportunities to go to conferences and to do some teaching
Excellent instutition and programme of study
Student & Reaseach Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, New Zealand13 January 2018
Learnt alot
Professiona outfit
Great support
Environment conducive to successful study
Ample resources freely and easily accessible
Great staff support
Good work life balance but low benefits
Staff (Current Employee) –  New Zealand2 January 2018
Good work life balance but low benefits. Less support from senior management team. The issues were raised but no further action when related to money.
Busy and demanding and supportive place
visiting scholar, PhD student (Current Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington23 November 2017
PhD student is busy with reading academic articles and manage your own time to fulfill your study plan. It is fun to be with peer PhDiers and work with my supervisors.
Productive, supportive and fun work environment
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, Auckland7 November 2017
During study at Massey Uni, the library staff were very supportive of my study obligations. I enjoyed meeting and assisting students from all nationalities with finding relevant research and study material.
Pros
Allowed to have library books out for months.
Experiência única
Pesquisador Bolsista (Current Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui19 September 2017
A vivencia em uma Universidade internacional é a mais valiosa que qualquer profissional poderia ter.
Acredito que minha experiência com projetos multidisciplinares com comunidades locais e regionais, captação de recursos financeiros, projetos de cunho social educacional, experiência de elaboração de materiais didáticos e apresentações de projetos, além da experiência internacional em sustentabilidade e meio ambiente de 1 ano e 6 meses, bem como com culturas de diversos países, possa ser útil para futuros projetos.
Pros
diversidade de culturas
Cons
dificuldade de adaptação de ritmo de trabalho, diferente do Brasil
Massey ideal
Teaching Technician (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui5 September 2017
Massey is an ideal work environment. The staff support is excellent. The campus at the Turitea location is beautiful and restful. My line managers were always professional, courteous to a fault, watchful of maintaining professionalism and did not micromanage. The acadamic environment had an eye for nurturing self teaching and expression. The work environment left latitude for your own personality to shine through.
Pros
Beautiful location
Cons
rain
interesting lab work
CHEMISTRY DEMONSTRATOR /ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Auckland21 August 2017
feel happy to help people.
improve my own skills in the lab.
improve my knowledges for chemistry stuffs.
after this job, what i learned, first thing is feel free to talk with strangers, and don't be shy.
Good university to study and work
Marker & Examination Officer (Current Employee) –  Albany, Auckland10 July 2017
The recruitment staff is good. Massey University has congenial working environment. It's an equal opportunity employer. I enjoy doing my PhD research here. And the university provides me casual jobs like marker and examinations officer that adds to my professional experience.
Pros
Superb working environment
Cons
Good
Grounds Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellinton6 July 2017
I learned a lot in my time at Massey my boss was very helpful and encouraged me to ask questions if I was ever unsure about anything.
We had a good team culture.
Productive and fun
Research Internship (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui20 April 2017
Companies: Massey University (Palmerston North, New Zealand) & Topcon Precision Agriculture
(Livermore, California, USA).
Duty & responsibility:​ Soil mapping, soil sample collection and preservation, field data collection, soil &
crop management control study using go-pro cameras, RTK, Radar, GPS, ArcGIS, SUV driving, quad
driving, working directly with different stakeholders in remote areas of New Zealand and tractors driving
equipped with agricultural sprayer, tillage and seeding equipment.
Outcome:​ I published a report paper on how geospatial technology can be used to improve productivity
and efficiency in the agriculture sector.
Productive, Fun, Collaborative workspace
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington2 March 2017
In 2015 I developed the position of the Events Coordinator at Massey University Wellington Student Association. I noticed the lack of the student culture within the College, so I decided to do something about it and organise events for the student body. I work alongside a team of fellow passionate students and staff who endeavour to create a better student culture on campus. I have organised a mixture of small and large scale events during my time.
When working at MAWSA I enjoyed working in a collaborative open office working space. My fellow employees were wonderful to work with and we actively collaborated daily in all areas of our jobs. I built great relationships with staff and students.
Pros
Awesome colleagues, collaborative workspace
Cons
Not enough hours to get the work achieved to the level I wanted
very busy place
baker (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui25 February 2017
everyday is a busy day and productive. i learned how to move quickly.good management. workplace is small area. good culture and friendly people. the hardest part of this job is how to finish in exactly time of the orders enjoyable moment, when finish the work .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
busy hours
Very Employee friendly and safe place to work
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland9 February 2017
It was really nice to work at Massey as people were friendly and open. It was a great opportunity to learn about the NZ culture, education system and how the projects are run in universities.
The management was really good to offer equal opportunity to all their employees and treat with equality.
It was great to work with friends and colleagues who were supportive and always there when you need them the most.
Many times the work load was really tight and with time frame result oriented projects it was very difficult to achieve but one learns a lot during the tight times.
I really enjoyed the carefree environment and the freedom to do things in own war keeping the final goal in mind.
Pros
Very Employee Friendly
Cons
salary improvement is needed
Contract work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, Auckland30 January 2017
I have enjoyed my brief contract at Massey University. It has been a challenging and educational experience. I am employed to create a literature review addressing the state of executive education in New Zealand.
excellent workplace
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, Auckland16 January 2017
Massey University work atmosphere is very professional and healthy. It gives you the opportunity to full fill the goal by allowing you to work in your own style.
Each employee has an individual designated work profile as well as group coordinated projects as well which helps and allows great bonding with co-workers.
Many times it get's bit hard to accommodate extra work/projects with routine work within a limited time slot but the management is always committed to support during those intense situations.

It is a unique place to learn as well as earn.
Pros
Flexible hours apart from mandate teaching hours
Cons
work from home options not available except few specific situations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massey University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5