Massey University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Massey University Employee Review

A real challenge

18 January 2014
This position was a branch of a front end R&D project consisting of years of research conducted by a PHD student and his colleagues. So after getting an overview of what they were trying to achieve, I was given an assortment of research papers, and left to design a portable design system using my years of experience gained from my degree. It was a real sink or swim opportunity, that I thoroughly enjoyed. Let alone was I able to use my skills, I have learnt an exceptional amount from the position in testing, electrical design, and embedded programming.

As for co-workers, they were very nice, easily approachable and great resources for the problems I faced with the design. It was unbelievable to be working PHD and Lecturer level academics, sharing and debating different solutions and causes to problems.
3 April 2020
A typical day of work is busy but engaging. I have learned to organize my work and to take a rest when possible. Workmates' interactions are enjoyable.
28 January 2020
Lack of discipline in classrooms due to management choosing short term financial gain over long term success. A lot of lip service given but no real support
27 January 2020
management was excellent and patient with teaching new skills and helping to improve these each session. They are understanding of student commitments and are flexible for student employees
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massey University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5