Massey University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Massey University Employee Reviews

A typical day of work is busy but engaging. I have learned to organize my work and to take a rest when possible. Workmates' interactions are enjoyable.
Overall my experience in working at Massey Uni is great. Some work can be done remotely, working time is considered flexible. I think they could pay you a bit more as good workers worth it!
Multi tasking, fast paced, collaborative, highly structured. An employer who encourages on going learning and training. Great working to support student success and academic excellence.
Fantastisch bedrijf om vor te werken waarbij work life balance hoog in het vaandel staan. Je de kans krijgt om door te stromen door middel van opleidingen die je mag volgen.
Lack of discipline in classrooms due to management choosing short term financial gain over long term success. A lot of lip service given but no real support
management was excellent and patient with teaching new skills and helping to improve these each session. They are understanding of student commitments and are flexible for student employees
I joined Massey as a PhD student and I worked casually since then as a Lab demonstrator and did some other casual jobs including tutoring. I enjoyed working both on my PhD and in helping students. The research after my PhD had been different and challenging, but I enjoyed most of it.
Working as volunteer or student support/administration staff is very enjoyable. The work is well-paced well-paid, and valued. Workplace culture is very safe and energetic.
Hard but rewarding work, with great pay. Good leadership but was given plenty of opportunity to use initiative. I learnt a lot about the agricultural industry whilst working here.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Massey University?
The Contract work was fast paced and interesting, it provided great experience for myself as I was a student at the time. there was no workplace culture as the work involved off site tasks, we I was well taken care of my Massey as a contracted employee.
The time is flexible for work. Just need to finish the work on time with 8 hours of working per day. The human welfare is really important and never stress with the work
-Data entry -Work with databases and excel Massey is a great place to work which provides good benefits and a good work environment and work progression.
Classes are good fun and a perfect learning environment for anyone and everyone. Lecturers share a lot of knowledge for all students from their previous experiences.
Students and staff would need help and we were the face of the Campus, All enquiries would be sent to us and we would help. From enrolments and choosing classes and setting up pathways for each student we had some busy days and most times no day was the same. Each student required different needs and help. Staff also would be able to ask for assistance and we could do this also.
Pros
Work conditions were great and facilities and benefits top of the line
Cons
Stressful at times ie. Orientation week and enrolments, especially late ones
Tutkijalla runsaasti mahdollisuuksia osallistua kansainvälisiin konferensseihin.
My experience limited to my advisor's lab and my grant. Good relations in his lab, between labs, and between departments. Opportunities to go to conferences and to do some teaching
Learnt alot Professiona outfit Great support Environment conducive to successful study Ample resources freely and easily accessible Great staff support
Massey University is a great place to work. My current manager is excellent. Great hours and interesting work. Good opportunities provided for furthering your education as a staff member. However, would be better if they were more competitive with remuneration and allowed more flexibility with working options.
Pros
Supportive environment, further education opportunities, generous leave allowance
Cons
Renumeration, career advancement, limited flexible working options (at management discretion).
Good work life balance but low benefits. Less support from senior management team. The issues were raised but no further action when related to money.
PhD student is busy with reading academic articles and manage your own time to fulfill your study plan. It is fun to be with peer PhDiers and work with my supervisors.
During study at Massey Uni, the library staff were very supportive of my study obligations. I enjoyed meeting and assisting students from all nationalities with finding relevant research and study material.
Pros
Allowed to have library books out for months.