Massey University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Massey University Management reviews

New Zealand43 reviews
management was excellent and patient with teaching new skills and helping to improve these each session. They are understanding of student commitments and are flexible for student employees
Lack of discipline in classrooms due to management choosing short term financial gain over long term success. A lot of lip service given but no real support
Good work life balance but low benefits. Less support from senior management team. The issues were raised but no further action when related to money.
A vivencia em uma Universidade internacional é a mais valiosa que qualquer profissional poderia ter.
Acredito que minha experiência com projetos multidisciplinares com comunidades locais e regionais, captação de recursos financeiros, projetos de cunho social educacional, experiência de elaboração de materiais didáticos e apresentações de projetos, além da experiência internacional em sustentabilidade e meio ambiente de 1 ano e 6 meses, bem como com culturas de diversos países, possa ser útil para futuros projetos.
Pros
diversidade de culturas
Cons
dificuldade de adaptação de ritmo de trabalho, diferente do Brasil
Companies: Massey University (Palmerston North, New Zealand) & Topcon Precision Agriculture
(Livermore, California, USA).

Duty & responsibility:​ Soil mapping, soil sample collection and preservation, field data collection, soil &

crop management control study using go-pro cameras, RTK, Radar, GPS, ArcGIS, SUV driving, quad
driving, working directly with different stakeholders in remote areas of New Zealand and tractors driving
equipped with agricultural sprayer, tillage and seeding equipment.

Outcome:​ I published a report paper on how geospatial technology can be used to improve productivity

and efficiency in the agriculture sector.
everyday is a busy day and productive. i learned how to move quickly.good management. workplace is small area. good culture and friendly people. the hardest part of this job is how to finish in exactly time of the orders enjoyable moment, when finish the work .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
busy hours
It was really nice to work at Massey as people were friendly and open. It was a great opportunity to learn about the NZ culture, education system and how the projects are run in universities.
The management was really good to offer equal opportunity to all their employees and treat with equality.
It was great to work with friends and colleagues who were supportive and always there when you need them the most.

Many times the work load was really tight and with time frame result oriented projects it was very difficult to achieve but one learns a lot during the tight times.

I really enjoyed the carefree environment and the freedom to do things in own war keeping the final goal in mind.
Pros
Very Employee Friendly
Cons
salary improvement is needed
I have enjoyed my brief contract at Massey University. It has been a challenging and educational experience. I am employed to create a literature review addressing the state of executive education in New Zealand.
Massey University work atmosphere is very professional and healthy. It gives you the opportunity to full fill the goal by allowing you to work in your own style.
Each employee has an individual designated work profile as well as group coordinated projects as well which helps and allows great bonding with co-workers.

Many times it get's bit hard to accommodate extra work/projects with routine work within a limited time slot but the management is always committed to support during those intense situations.

It is a unique place to learn as well as earn.
Pros
Flexible hours apart from mandate teaching hours
Cons
work from home options not available except few specific situations.
dealing with different ethnicities w/thin the pacific and their issues concerning alcohol, drugs and gambolling.
Learnt that this issue and problem is big within our pacific people.

Management was cool
Co workers were awesome.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
limited time together working
A typical day at work for me was I would put on my lab coat and check the autoclave and bins too see if anything needed to be done. If so, i would do it. If not, i would go ahead and get started on my work. At Massey i learnt about health and safety I had to wear my protective equipment. There was no worries with management, I was given clear directions. All Co-workers were really nice and willing to give a helping hand if needed. The hardest part of my job was having to get through all the work that needed to be done. The enjoyable part was working in a team environment and being able to have fun as well as working.