Massey University Employee Review

View all Massey University reviews

Productive and fun
Research Internship (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui20 April 2017
Companies: Massey University (Palmerston North, New Zealand) & Topcon Precision Agriculture
(Livermore, California, USA).
Duty & responsibility:​ Soil mapping, soil sample collection and preservation, field data collection, soil &
crop management control study using go-pro cameras, RTK, Radar, GPS, ArcGIS, SUV driving, quad
driving, working directly with different stakeholders in remote areas of New Zealand and tractors driving
equipped with agricultural sprayer, tillage and seeding equipment.
Outcome:​ I published a report paper on how geospatial technology can be used to improve productivity
and efficiency in the agriculture sector.

Other Massey University Employee Reviews

A good place to work.
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui24 December 2019
I joined Massey as a PhD student and I worked casually since then as a Lab demonstrator and did some other casual jobs including tutoring. I enjoyed working both on my PhD and in helping students.
The research after my PhD had been different and challenging, but I enjoyed most of it.
Friendly and Fun Working environment
Student Success (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland10 December 2019
Working as volunteer or student support/administration staff is very enjoyable. The work is well-paced well-paid, and valued. Workplace culture is very safe and energetic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massey University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5