Massey University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Massey University Employee Reviews

New Zealand43 reviews
Productive and engaging
A typical day of work is busy but engaging. I have learned to organize my work and to take a rest when possible. Workmates' interactions are enjoyable.
Good university to study and work
The recruitment staff is good. Massey University has congenial working environment. It's an equal opportunity employer. I enjoy doing my PhD research here. And the university provides me casual jobs like marker and examinations officer that adds to my professional experience.
Pros
Superb working environment
Cons
Good
I learned a lot in my time at Massey my boss was very helpful and encouraged me to ask questions if I was ever unsure about anything.
We had a good team culture.
Productive and fun
Companies: Massey University (Palmerston North, New Zealand) & Topcon Precision Agriculture
(Livermore, California, USA).

Duty & responsibility:​ Soil mapping, soil sample collection and preservation, field data collection, soil &

crop management control study using go-pro cameras, RTK, Radar, GPS, ArcGIS, SUV driving, quad

driving, working directly with different stakeholders in remote areas of New Zealand and tractors driving

equipped with agricultural sprayer, tillage and seeding equipment.

Outcome:​ I published a report paper on how geospatial technology can be used to improve productivity

and efficiency in the agriculture sector.
Productive, Fun, Collaborative workspace
In 2015 I developed the position of the Events Coordinator at Massey University Wellington Student Association. I noticed the lack of the student culture within the College, so I decided to do something about it and organise events for the student body. I work alongside a team of fellow passionate students and staff who endeavour to create a better student culture on campus. I have organised a mixture of small and large scale events during my time.
When working at MAWSA I enjoyed working in a collaborative open office working space. My fellow employees were wonderful to work with and we actively collaborated daily in all areas of our jobs. I built great relationships with staff and students.
Pros
Awesome colleagues, collaborative workspace
Cons
Not enough hours to get the work achieved to the level I wanted
very busy place
everyday is a busy day and productive. i learned how to move quickly.good management. workplace is small area. good culture and friendly people. the hardest part of this job is how to finish in exactly time of the orders enjoyable moment, when finish the work .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
busy hours
Very Employee friendly and safe place to work
It was really nice to work at Massey as people were friendly and open. It was a great opportunity to learn about the NZ culture, education system and how the projects are run in universities.
The management was really good to offer equal opportunity to all their employees and treat with equality.

It was great to work with friends and colleagues who were supportive and always there when you need them the most.

Many times the work load was really tight and with time frame result oriented projects it was very difficult to achieve but one learns a lot during the tight times.

I really enjoyed the carefree environment and the freedom to do things in own war keeping the final goal in mind.
Pros
Very Employee Friendly
Cons
salary improvement is needed
Contract work
I have enjoyed my brief contract at Massey University. It has been a challenging and educational experience. I am employed to create a literature review addressing the state of executive education in New Zealand.
excellent workplace
Massey University work atmosphere is very professional and healthy. It gives you the opportunity to full fill the goal by allowing you to work in your own style.
Each employee has an individual designated work profile as well as group coordinated projects as well which helps and allows great bonding with co-workers.

Many times it get's bit hard to accommodate extra work/projects with routine work within a limited time slot but the management is always committed to support during those intense situations.

It is a unique place to learn as well as earn.
Pros
Flexible hours apart from mandate teaching hours
Cons
work from home options not available except few specific situations.
Good University
Good University. Great lecturers and a lot of student help available. The university is a great environment for learning. The sense of community in the university is also great.
Please read earlier review
I have mentioned earlier that this was one of the best jobs I have had.

The job allowed me to grow a department from scratch. To do that I had to have sufficient skills, knowledge and experience.
Pros
The job itself
Very good
I am just a research assistant so I go to Massey and do jobs that the professor has set out for me to do. somedays I scan and archive documents, other days I visit farms and progress meeting.
Fun place to work
Meetings with clients
Workshops

Interviews

Prototyping

Requirements

Acceptance Criteria

Working across multiple departments is the hardest part but for me also the most enjoyable area because of the challenges if brings
Life changing Achivement
My Research experience has opened up many un-opened doors for my career at this juncture.The logistics and Supply Chain degree i have just completed at Massey University, Auckland has definitely upgraded me career wise and I have learned from the best in the industry.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Tiring
Fun place to work with unique individuals
First call centre role where I was working with other people from all walks of life. Is a fun, relaxed and awesome place to work.
informative
dealing with different ethnicities w/thin the pacific and their issues concerning alcohol, drugs and gambolling.
Learnt that this issue and problem is big within our pacific people.

Management was cool

Co workers were awesome.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
limited time together working
productive and interesting place
I found it interesting working with my supervisor. I worked on instructions and complied to all ethics of the job. It was fun and interesting working with lambs.
Pros
nice time playing with lambs
Quiet and happy
A typical day at work for me was I would put on my lab coat and check the autoclave and bins too see if anything needed to be done. If so, i would do it. If not, i would go ahead and get started on my work. At Massey i learnt about health and safety I had to wear my protective equipment. There was no worries with management, I was given clear directions. All Co-workers were really nice and willing to give a helping hand if needed. The hardest part of my job was having to get through all the work that needed to be done. The enjoyable part was working in a team environment and being able to have fun as well as working.
friendly and productive team and work environment
The most important task in an everyday life of a PhD student, as any other student, is to conquer obstacles which can arise out of nowhere and make everything seem insuperable. If you are working in a friendly and professional environment with friendly colleagues and supervisors, like I'm, everything will be fine. I learn new things every day and grow with the challenge. The hardest part of the job are the things that go wrong and that are beyond your control. I enjoy my PhD, I enjoy the research and the team I work in which provides great support. It is fun to discover and solve new problems every day.
Pros
diverse group and friendly work environment
Fun environment
Needed to call people for statistical survey.

Got telephonic customer interaction experience and experience to work in the dialer system.
Enjoyed working with people
Dealing with students new and old, typing documents, planning Degree show. Handling of post, ordering stationery, booking and set up exam rooms. Planning and setting up meetings. Maintain copiers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massey University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5