Massey University Employee Reviews

Contract work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, Auckland30 January 2017
I have enjoyed my brief contract at Massey University. It has been a challenging and educational experience. I am employed to create a literature review addressing the state of executive education in New Zealand.
excellent workplace
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, Auckland16 January 2017
Massey University work atmosphere is very professional and healthy. It gives you the opportunity to full fill the goal by allowing you to work in your own style.
Each employee has an individual designated work profile as well as group coordinated projects as well which helps and allows great bonding with co-workers.
Many times it get's bit hard to accommodate extra work/projects with routine work within a limited time slot but the management is always committed to support during those intense situations.

It is a unique place to learn as well as earn.
Pros
Flexible hours apart from mandate teaching hours
Cons
work from home options not available except few specific situations.
Good University
Student (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland14 January 2017
Good University. Great lecturers and a lot of student help available. The university is a great environment for learning. The sense of community in the university is also great.
Please read earlier review
I have mentioned earlier that this was one of the best jobs I have had.

The job allowed me to grow a department from scratch. To do that I had to have sufficient skills, knowledge and experience.
Pros
The job itself
Very good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui6 October 2016
I am just a research assistant so I go to Massey and do jobs that the professor has set out for me to do. somedays I scan and archive documents, other days I visit farms and progress meeting.
Fun place to work
Meetings with clients
Workshops
Interviews
Prototyping
Requirements
Acceptance Criteria
Working across multiple departments is the hardest part but for me also the most enjoyable area because of the challenges if brings
Life changing Achivement
Full time Student (Former Employee) –  Auckland23 July 2016
My Research experience has opened up many un-opened doors for my career at this juncture.The logistics and Supply Chain degree i have just completed at Massey University, Auckland has definitely upgraded me career wise and I have learned from the best in the industry.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Tiring
Fun place to work with unique individuals
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Auckland Central, Auckland23 December 2015
First call centre role where I was working with other people from all walks of life. Is a fun, relaxed and awesome place to work.
informative
CASI Tongan Researcher (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD Auckland20 April 2015
dealing with different ethnicities w/thin the pacific and their issues concerning alcohol, drugs and gambolling.
Learnt that this issue and problem is big within our pacific people.
Management was cool
Co workers were awesome.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
limited time together working
productive and interesting place
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Massey, N6 December 2014
I found it interesting working with my supervisor. I worked on instructions and complied to all ethics of the job. It was fun and interesting working with lambs.
Pros
nice time playing with lambs
Quiet and happy
Assistant Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Palmerston,23 February 2014
A typical day at work for me was I would put on my lab coat and check the autoclave and bins too see if anything needed to be done. If so, i would do it. If not, i would go ahead and get started on my work. At Massey i learnt about health and safety I had to wear my protective equipment. There was no worries with management, I was given clear directions. All Co-workers were really nice and willing to give a helping hand if needed. The hardest part of my job was having to get through all the work that needed to be done. The enjoyable part was working in a team environment and being able to have fun as well as working.
friendly and productive team and work environment
PhD student (Current Employee) –  Palmerston North, N21 February 2014
The most important task in an everyday life of a PhD student, as any other student, is to conquer obstacles which can arise out of nowhere and make everything seem insuperable. If you are working in a friendly and professional environment with friendly colleagues and supervisors, like I'm, everything will be fine. I learn new things every day and grow with the challenge. The hardest part of the job are the things that go wrong and that are beyond your control. I enjoy my PhD, I enjoy the research and the team I work in which provides great support. It is fun to discover and solve new problems every day.
Pros
diverse group and friendly work environment
Fun environment
Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Auckland-New Zealand15 February 2014
Needed to call people for statistical survey.

Got telephonic customer interaction experience and experience to work in the dialer system.
Enjoyed working with people
Administration/Reception (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Albany8 February 2014
Dealing with students new and old, typing documents, planning Degree show. Handling of post, ordering stationery, booking and set up exam rooms. Planning and setting up meetings. Maintain copiers.
A real challenge
PHD assistant (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North18 January 2014
This position was a branch of a front end R&D project consisting of years of research conducted by a PHD student and his colleagues. So after getting an overview of what they were trying to achieve, I was given an assortment of research papers, and left to design a portable design system using my years of experience gained from my degree. It was a real sink or swim opportunity, that I thoroughly enjoyed. Let alone was I able to use my skills, I have learnt an exceptional amount from the position in testing, electrical design, and embedded programming.

As for co-workers, they were very nice, easily approachable and great resources for the problems I faced with the design. It was unbelievable to be working PHD and Lecturer level academics, sharing and debating different solutions and causes to problems.
Knowledgeable, helpful staff
Dietitian Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand21 June 2013
Worked with Dietetics Graduate Student and the Senior Lecturer for Human Nutrition and Dietetics, who were both wonderful, intellectual, helpful people. Great experience!