Maxshop
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Maxshop Employee Review

Amazing to start out, then changed over time

16 September 2018
I loved working there at the start because I had an amazing supportive manager (well at least I thought I did) until I got injured and everything went downhill, haven't really liked working there since.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Management, company rules, rude attitudes, the list goes on.
16 May 2017
Same role
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) - Wellington, Wellington
I was more confident working at Max. I got on so well with my work mates and it was fun waking up every morning and being excited to go to work. I did learn alot.
28 June 2015
Same role
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) - city
i loved working here as i got to experience the city life style and the fact i was able to come to work known that i had a bunch of great employees to work with made it fun
3 March 2020
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Newmarket, Auckland
At first I was super excited to start at max because I’m a plus size girl always dreaming of working in the retail/fashion industry. When I started, not only was I body shamed but also told to “don’t worry I’ll have you running around so you’ll lose heaps of weight” because I didn’t fit their clothes the way they wanted it to. The fact that these people felt so comfortable saying this to me was disgusting and degrading. I was also accused of stealing money, clothes and a whole heap of other things. It sucks bcos im not only big but I’m also a person of colour. I couldn’t help but to think that I was being mistreated because of my skin colour. I speak for all women of colour and the plus size sisters out there, I recommend you don’t work here. The environment is so toxic and degrading it’s not worth waking up in the morning and coming to work not knowing what else is going to be said about you. People talk behind your back like it’s their job to. And management, need to fix that up. Max, all I have to say is you need to fix your attitude on the perception of big women in your clothes. You should be encouraging not putting people down. There’s not always bad days at max but the bad days out weigh the good by miles.