Maxshop
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Maxshop Employee Reviews in Mount Maunganui, Bay of Plenty

I worked at Max for 3 months and can honestly say I have never worked for anywhere that treats their employees as horribly as Max Fashions does. There are no pros about working here- the hierarchy between employees is ridiculous. My manager had absolutely zero managing skills at all. All of the other employees including myself worked between 40-50 hours a week (always overtime) literally working sometimes 10-12 hour days (which is super unnecessary for RETAIL) and never got any recognition for the effort we put in for the company. While our manager, who left at 2:30 or earlier every day for no apparent reason, was praised for doing literally the bare minimum but bringing in one top dollar sale per day. Girls who are on salary are expected to work over time but do not get paid for any overtime they work unless it is approved by the regional manager- which never happens. The regional manager for the north island store is extremely unfair on her employees. A regional manager should be supportive and aware of animosities between managers and employees but she choses to ignore anything and everything that isn’t to do with sales. The discount isn’t worth the mental and emotional stress the job puts you through. Shame on you Max.
Pros
Cons
Literally everything
I worked at Max for 3 months and can honestly say I have never worked for anywhere that treats their employees as horribly as Max Fashions does. There are no pros about working here- the hierarchy between employees is ridiculous. My manager had absolutely zero managing skills at all. All of the other employees including myself worked between 40-50 hours a week (always overtime) literally working sometimes 10-12 hour days (which is super unnecessary for RETAIL) and never got any recognition for the effort we put in for the company. While our manager, who left at 2:30 or earlier every day for no apparent reason, was praised for doing literally the bare minimum but bringing in one top dollar sale per day. Girls who are on salary are expected to work over time but do not get paid for any overtime they work unless it is approved by the regional manager- which never happens. The regional manager for the north island store is extremely unfair on her employees. A regional manager should be supportive and aware of animosities between managers and employees but she choses to ignore anything and everything that isn’t to do with sales. At my interview manager asked my expected hourly rate and given my multiple years of sales experience I said no lower than $21/hour. She agreed to this figure then and even wrote it on my interview review page but when I got the job and had already started they said they were only paying me minimum wage and if I didn’t agree to that I would need to resign - I was desperate at the time and thought I needed the job but after working there for the short period - more...
Pros