Maxshop
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Maxshop Employee Reviews in Newmarket, Auckland

A typical day required a lot of tasks that had to be performed along with helping out customers. I learnt how to manage a team as I was hired for a third-in-charge position, then was put into a second-in-charge position. After that the manager left with no warning and I became the manager of a team on wonderful confident ladies who listened to me and understood what needed to be done. The hardest part of the day was to get any answers out of the Regional Manager as she never seemed to have one direction.
Pros
The team I worked with in store.
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Communication
At first I was super excited to start at max because I’m a plus size girl always dreaming of working in the retail/fashion industry. When I started, not only was I body shamed but also told to “don’t worry I’ll have you running around so you’ll lose heaps of weight” because I didn’t fit their clothes the way they wanted it to. The fact that these people felt so comfortable saying this to me was disgusting and degrading. I was also accused of stealing money, clothes and a whole heap of other things. It sucks bcos im not only big but I’m also a person of colour. I couldn’t help but to think that I was being mistreated because of my skin colour. I speak for all women of colour and the plus size sisters out there, I recommend you don’t work here. The environment is so toxic and degrading it’s not worth waking up in the morning and coming to work not knowing what else is going to be said about you. People talk behind your back like it’s their job to. And management, need to fix that up. Max, all I have to say is you need to fix your attitude on the perception of big women in your clothes. You should be encouraging not putting people down. There’s not always bad days at max but the bad days out weigh the good by miles.